hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was just a rumour I’d heard. No substance just posting what I’d heard. Wouldn’t have the foggiest idea what the guy is on in America.
    Heard the same rumour too. Heard he will be highest earner at Hibs

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Great post and certainly puts things into perspective and suggests Hibs have over sold the guy a bit.
    To give folk an even better idea of Muellers level, average players like Jake Mulraney that have moved to the MLS from Hearts are on double the wage Mueller was on.
    I suspect Mulraney is over paid and Mueller is under paid but it is food for thought.

Another stat that may be of interest relates to MLS based Stuart Findlay who folk on here have been suggesting as likely to be on his way to Hibs
    Believe it or not he is on 3 times the wage Mueller is on so don't expect to see him back in Scotland until his contract there expires

Another one you might remember is the american player Jon Gallagher, who Aberdeen had on loan. He is only on $81,000 dollars a year. He did okay at Aberdeen but ultimately wasn't good enough.

Two players who were on loan at Hibs in recent years and did not impress are also playing in the MLS:
    Emerson Hyndman who is on a mouth watering $800k a season and Ryan Gauld who is on a mind blowing $2 million a season

As Capital Green says we need to manage our expectations of Chris Mueller and give him time to adapt.
    From what I have seen of him he is a talented, fit and enthusiastic grafter who will give of his best to try to make it at Hibs.
    I wouldn’t say hibs have oversold him, more the fans / media at the time of his signing. The rest of your post is pretty interesting though.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Great post and certainly puts things into perspective and suggests Hibs have over sold the guy a bit.
    To give folk an even better idea of Muellers level, average players like Jake Mulraney that have moved to the MLS from Hearts are on double the wage Mueller was on.
    I suspect Mulraney is over paid and Mueller is under paid but it is food for thought.

Another stat that may be of interest relates to MLS based Stuart Findlay who folk on here have been suggesting as likely to be on his way to Hibs
    Believe it or not he is on 3 times the wage Mueller is on so don't expect to see him back in Scotland until his contract there expires

Another one you might remember is the american player Jon Gallagher, who Aberdeen had on loan. He is only on $81,000 dollars a year. He did okay at Aberdeen but ultimately wasn't good enough.

Two players who were on loan at Hibs in recent years and did not impress are also playing in the MLS:
    Emerson Hyndman who is on a mouth watering $800k a season and Ryan Gauld who is on a mind blowing $2 million a season

As Capital Green says we need to manage our expectations of Chris Mueller and give him time to adapt.
    From what I have seen of him he is a talented, fit and enthusiastic grafter who will give of his best to try to make it at Hibs.
    I’m not sure Hibs have oversold the guy, he’s an exciting signing but some fans have let their imaginations run wild.

I’d also be wary of comparing to the salaries of different MLS players, it’s not a normal market for wages like in Europe. The player designation system and salary cap can make comparing the salaries of home grown players who have came through the college system and players recruited from abroad akin to comparing apples and pears.

If you want to read about it further the following article explains it well with an example of a player in similar situation to Mueller finds himself -https://medium.com/whatahowler/mls-a...s-5679f3f8ed75
    Last edited by CapitalGreen; 27-11-2021 at 07:29 AM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Having watched him a few times on tv, he's a hard working player who's decent at what he does in that league.

Most times i've seen him he's hardly finished a game, and not really impacted the game much.

Comparing standards is difficult, and of course we all want him to come and be a superstar. I think a few folk will be disapointed, but if he can come in and make us better that will do me.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    I was told 8k per week and Boyle was bumped upto 10k, or maybe the other way round. No mention of third parties. Seems a lot to me but what do I know, apparently also the reason Nisbet hasn’t been looking too enthusiastic of late.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    I was told 8k per week and Boyle was bumped upto 10k, or maybe the other way round. No mention of third parties. Seems a lot to me but what do I know, apparently also the reason Nisbet hasn’t been looking too enthusiastic of late.
    Sure there were talks of a new deal for Nisbet but assume they haven’t gone too well considering it was months ago. I’d be astonished if we were paying anyone that to be fair, seems high to me as well.

I'd be amazed if Boyle is on 10k. I would imagine it's probably closer to half that.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I'd be amazed if Boyle is on 10k. I would imagine it's probably closer to half that.
    So would i. That is Mad Vlad category.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I’ve read this six times now and I still feel stupid.
    I was completely bemused too. Not so much now I've read more of the thread.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 27-11-2021 at 08:20 AM.

No wonder Boyle is so happy at Hibs on 10k a week.

Could he fit into a 3-5-2? I wonder if Jack will go for a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 if Mueller can produce at least 50% of what Boyle can on the left.

We have been crying out for a decent left sided player for a while with Barker showing glimpses now and again and with Murphy being hot and cold or mostly injured.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    Nah

Quote Originally Posted by DJ HIBBY View Post
    Heard the same rumour too. Heard he will be highest earner at Hibs
    Just can’t see that being true it would be the last thing the squad needs in terms of morale
    Boyle has earned the right to be the highest paid player by his contributions on the pitch . This guy is being brought over in the hope he can do well ,and move into a bigger club ,and it gives us a foothold in that market ,which Ron Gordon seems keen to be involved in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told that player salaries are confidential. That could be complete nonsense mind you so don't shoot the messenger. Just passing on what I heard.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    I was told that player salaries are confidential. That could be complete nonsense mind you so don't shoot the messenger. Just passing on what I heard.
    People always talk, players talk. A guy i know was on a grand a week when he signed for his first club and we all knew about it, this was a good few years ago so was a lot of money then

He's written a book. He'll fit in just fine with us Rive Gauche Hibbies. His insta signed off with SoL yesterday. I like him.

He be over in time to be at the cup final. Get him involved with the team and the build up. Tell him we always get to cup finals and semi finals. Says a lot for him to leave the warm climate of Florida to come to Edinburgh in the winter. He will probably still go onto the pitch wearing less than Kamberi.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    He be over in time to be at the cup final. Get him involved with the team and the build up. Tell him we always get to cup finals and semi finals. Says a lot for him to leave the warm climate of Florida to come to Edinburgh in the winter. He will probably still go onto the pitch wearing less than Kamberi.
    He’s from Chicago and spent 3 years at college in Wisconsin so he’s likely experienced more extreme winter conditions than he’ll face over here.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    He's written a book. He'll fit in just fine with us Rive Gauche Hibbies. His insta signed off with SoL yesterday. I like him.
    He’s definitely going to bring something different on that side of it. Loves an inspirational social media post or two. Not sure how they’ll go down when we’ve lost 1-0 away to Dundee and the likes right enough 😂

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    He’s from Chicago and spent 3 years at college in Wisconsin so he’s likely experienced more extreme winter conditions than he’ll face over here.
    You know what it like when people move down south and become soft southerners. Seriously was not aware of that so will be at home here.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He’s definitely going to bring something different on that side of it. Loves an inspirational social media post or two. Not sure how they’ll go down when we’ve lost 1-0 away to Dundee and the likes right enough 😂
    A dressing room full of boys from Leith, Kirkcaldy, and Bellshill will give him plenty enough stick before it even reaches the Twitter masses.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Nah
    You’d be surprised.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    You’d be surprised.
    We were desperate to keep Boyle but no way are we giving him £10k a week like the poster suggested.
    Although we may have had to bump it up to remove the much talked about buy out clause.
    Would still be amazed if he was on more than £6k a week.
    As for Mueller based on his £1800/week wage in the MLS you could see him on £3500 at Hibs. In effect doubling his wage.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 28-11-2021 at 01:49 PM.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    We were desperate to keep Boyle but no way are we giving him £10k a week like the poster suggested.
    Although we may have had to bump it up to remove the much talked about buy out clause.
    Would still be amazed if he was on more than £6k a week.
    As for Mueller based on his £1800/week wage in the MLS you could see him on £3500 at Hibs. In effect doubling his wage.
    I think this is fairly close to the mark.

Would be surprised if Hibs are paying anybody more than 5k a week though.

£260k per annum is good money for a good player.

I still find it hard to believe that numerous EPL players are on 100k upwards per week. A debate for another day, but sickens me to be honest.

Left by mutual consent!
    No way Boyle is on £10k a week. I don't believe that.

That would blow the wage to turnover ratio out the water.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    A dressing room full of boys from Leith, Kirkcaldy, and Bellshill will give him plenty enough stick before it even reaches the Twitter masses.
    Having followed him on Insta since he signed, I think it is safe to say he's in for a bit of a culture shock in terms of how your average player in the UK thinks/acts and their interests

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Having followed him on Insta since he signed, I think it is safe to say he's in for a bit of a culture shock in terms of how your average player in the UK thinks/acts and their interests
    We are a football club in Edinburgh, the second most attractive city to live in the UK after London. There shouldn't be any culture shocks for an American player coming to Edinburgh TBH. Edinburgh is a very cosmopolitan city.

It does make you wonder why we don't attract more high quality foreign players as we are an Edinburgh club.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    His insta reads as though he spends his entire time memorizing the crap they used to print on "Motivational" work posters in the 1980's

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    We are a football club in Edinburgh, the second most attractive city to live in the UK after London. There shouldn't be any culture shocks for an American player coming to Edinburgh TBH. Edinburgh is a very cosmopolitan city.

It does make you wonder why we don't attract more high quality foreign players as we are an Edinburgh club.
    Because players will go where the money is.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    His insta reads as though he spends his entire time memorizing the crap they used to print on "Motivational" work posters in the 1980's
    positivity, enthusiasm, athleticism and will to win mentality is what I expect from a US player. Who knows might even rub off?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    I think this is fairly close to the mark.

Would be surprised if Hibs are paying anybody more than 5k a week though.

£260k per annum is good money for a good player.

I still find it hard to believe that numerous EPL players are on 100k upwards per week. A debate for another day, but sickens me to be honest.
    Because clubs have turnovers in the hundreds of millions. Clubs making hundreds of millions and paying players 10k a week would be wrong IMO.