hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Mueller free to come to Hibs

His team Orlando have just been knocked out of the MLS playoffs and that means their season is over.
    Mueller played 80 minutes before being substituted.
    Just a case of tying up loose ends with Orlando, having a short rest etc before heading for Edinburgh and Easter Road.
    Can't play until January but can't see any reason for Orlando stopping him coming across here whenever he wants to set off.
    See you soon Chris!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His team Orlando have just been knocked out of the MLS playoffs and that means their season is over.
    Just a case of tying up loose ends with Orlando, having a short rest etc before heading for Edinburgh and Easter Road.
    Can't play until January but can't see any reason for Orlando stopping him coming across here whenever he wants to set off.
    See you soon Chris!
    From an insurance point of view would he even be allowed to train with us before January?

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    From an insurance point of view would he even be allowed to train with us before January?
    He's definitely moving so Orlando wouldn't have any real argument for stopping him, in theory if injured the club could cancel his contract but there's no way in reality that would happen, especially if he did so while training with Hibs. There would definitely be some liability cover in place that would cover him, the same would be required for trialists, etc.

Not saying he definitely will come but should he do so he'll be covered.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    He can come train but he can't play. Can't / won't be registered to play until January when the window opens and registration is allowed again.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    He can come train but he can't play. Can't / won't be registered to play until January when the window opens and registration is allowed again.
    Hopefully allows him a time to settle in and be game ready when he can play though unfortunately we go into. a break after Derby.

The money badger.

Can't wait to see his inspirational tweets after an insipid 0-0 draw away to ST mirren or someone like that.

Thanksgiving then Christmas. Wouldn't be surprised if he stayed where he is and comes over towards new years day

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    ...or a work permit to allow him to start early?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Thanksgiving then Christmas. Wouldn't be surprised if he stayed where he is and comes over towards new years day
    There is every chance of that given we have no games until the end of January that he can play in due to the shutdown.
    The upside of Orlando getting knocked out is there is no chance of him sustaining a bad injury before joining us. He has played 30 games this season so a rest will do him good.
    The downside is he won't play for 2 months now which is basically a close season so will be rusty when he arrives. We could also really do with him playing now given our brutal match schedule.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 24-11-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    ...or a work permit to allow him to start early?
    Under contract till December, so cant sign till new window in January.

See you soon Chris!
    There is every chance of that (comes over towards new years day) given we have no games until the end of January that he can play in due to the shutdown.
    The upside of Orlando getting knocked out is there is no chance of him sustaining a bad injury before joining us. He has played 30 games this season so a rest will do him good.
    The downside is he won't play for 2 months now which is basically a close season so will be rusty when he arrives. We could also really do with him playing now given our brutal match schedule.
    So, your original post was a pile of made up nonsense? The second, a backtrack of biblical proportions.

There is every chance of that given we have no games until the end of January that he can play in due to the shutdown.
    He’ll be free to play in the derby before the break

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    So, your original post was a pile of made up nonsense? The second, a backtrack of biblical proportions.
    It's okay for you spellbound Christine in your Hong Kong garden surrounded by your Arabian knights.
    I had to write the original post at 3am whilst the sandman was giving me heavy hints.
    I started the thread to give Hibs.netters some good news to wake up to this morning.
    In that original post I did not define the time scale of "short rest" or "soon" hence there is no nonsense or subsequent contradiction.

A couple of thousand folk viewed the original post and some submitted their own posts to the thread. I responded to one of the posts and agreed with the poster that Mueller would probably fire across here in a months time.

If that's all i'll let you get back to the mirage of your happy house and play on your helter skelter.

Keep in touch with yourself.

He might be able to come now but he's going to need a break. Has he not played for about the last 5 or 6 months?

I'd imagine he's going to need a break of 3-4 weeks before getting into training.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    He might be able to come now but he's going to need a break. Has he not played for about the last 5 or 6 months?

I'd imagine he's going to need a break of 3-4 weeks before getting into training.
    He has played 30 games for Orlando in the MLS this season.

I hope we don't expect too much too soon of this guy and write him off. Scottish football will be like a smack in the face for him. Big culture change. He'll need the rest of this season to settle in.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    It's okay for you spellbound Christine in your Hong Kong garden surrounded by your Arabian knights.
    I had to write the original post at 3am whilst the sandman was giving me heavy hints.
    I started the thread to give Hibs.netters some good news to wake up to this morning.
    In that original post I did not define the time scale of "short rest" or "soon" hence there is no nonsense or subsequent contradiction.

A couple of thousand folk viewed the original post and some submitted their own posts to the thread. I responded to one of the posts and agreed with the poster that Mueller would probably fire across here in a months time.

If that's all i'll let you get back to the mirage of your happy house and play on your helter skelter.

I’ve read this six times now and I still feel stupid.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I hope we don't expect too much too soon of this guy and write him off. Scottish football will be like a smack in the face for him. Big culture change. He'll need the rest of this season to settle in.
    To be perfectly honest, i've watched him a few times and he's not done anything special for me to think he's better than anything we already have.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Deep set of Siouxie and the Banshees references

If he's got a wife & kids (i think someone mentioned he does), the chances are they'll be covered by his health insurance as part of his contract with Orlando. Absolutely zero chance he will agree to any gap in coverage caused by an early release from his contract. He might head over to look for somewhere to live, but i'd be enormously surprised if he so much as appears in a promo video for us before January 1st.

I'll be interested in how his training is managed. It's not our call yet I don't suppose, but I wonder if he'll take the next 4-6 weeks off then do a pre-season during the shutdown?

Dear Prudence, Kiss them for me.......

Left by mutual consent!
    Who signed him?

Could he not be played as a trialist before January? Or is that loophole been closed?

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Who signed him?
    Was it not Ian Gordon who did the deal.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Aaaaaaaall the people, so many people, and they all go hand in hand, hand in hand through their...
    Parklife
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 25-11-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    I'll be interested in how his training is managed. It's not our call yet I don't suppose, but I wonder if he'll take the next 4-6 weeks off then do a pre-season during the shutdown?

Exactly what he will I do assume, had a full MLS season, so needs a break then do his preseason early January...also some people have said he hasn't looked any better than what we have, don't know the standard of MLS, maybe it's higher than our league...hence him not looking as good as some thought he'd be. Going by his Instagram account, think his work rate and attitude are first class... hopefully some players at East Mains will be inspired by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Lucky you. I got to one and a half and fainted.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    We had high expectations of Doidge returning and look how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Aaaaaaaall the people, so many people, and they all go hand in hand, hand in hand through their...
    Parklife
    Is that because the post is a blur?
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 26-11-2021 at 07:10 PM.