hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murphy...

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a strange standard to hold him to. Are the rest of our team ***** as well then? In fact the whole league is *****.
    As with a lot of posters on .net,not only have you got the wrong end of the stick,you’ve got the wrong stick.

At no point in my post did I imply that I thought Hibs players and all the other players in the league were *****.Hibs and some other teams have very good players.But great not in my book.

My definition of a great player is someone who is recognised as such on the European and World stage.

IMO,there is none in Scotland at present.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not done it for me at Hibs. Needs to be released imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Jack Ross saying he has a knee nock which kept him out the semi and will keep him out tonight.
    A knee knock sounds like bruising etc and makes a change from his hamstring injuries
    Hopefully it is nothing more than that and certainly not related to the cruciate injury that saw him out for 11 months a couple of seasons ago.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 24-11-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Back to Boro in January officially if not before unofficially
    😉

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    😉
    Do you know if Wood was a toys out the pram job? Timing is strange.

I’d punt never fit and when he is he’s crocked the next run of matches after. Thanks but move him on. No time for sentiment.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Really like Murphy as a player gives a good level of quality on the other side to Boyle however there is no getting away from his constant injuries. Can't imagine we would consider that a risk worth taking to extend

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Really like Murphy as a player gives a good level of quality on the other side to Boyle however there is no getting away from his constant injuries. Can't imagine we would consider that a risk worth taking to extend
    I agree with all of that Jim.
    The latest injury has reluctantly tipped me into the no renewal camp.

@hibs.net private member
    I am usually very critical of Jamie's workload and a little less critical of his final product. Not today though. While Scott Allan is rightly getting plaudits for his part in the goals I think Murphy deserves at least as big a pat on the back. The part he plays in the winning goal is fantastic. He wins the ball deep in the Hibs half and sprints to continue to attack before ending up on the edge of the six yard box for a cool finish. The goal was absolutely top drawer with a number of Hibs players showing the urgency we lack at times and it all started with Murphy. His overall energy levels were brilliant and he played with much more purpose off the ball than he normally does despite us having much of the ball. He got a goal and assist and could have scored at least one more in a great appearance from the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I am usually very critical of Jamie's workload and a little less critical of his final product. Not today though. While Scott Allan is rightly getting plaudits for his part in the goals I think Murphy deserves at least as big a pat on the back. The part he plays in the winning goal is fantastic. He wins the ball deep in the Hibs half and sprints to continue to attack before ending up on the edge of the six yard box for a cool finish. The goal was absolutely top drawer with a number of Hibs players showing the urgency we lack at times and it all started with Murphy. His overall energy levels were brilliant and he played with much more purpose off the ball than he normally does despite us having much of the ball. He got a goal and assist and could have scored at least one more in a great appearance from the bench.
    Goal and assist, can’t complain.

I’ve actually been more critical of what he’s done (or not done) on the pitch than the games he’s missed because he can’t really do anything about that.

Need more of that. If I’m being critical, he actually missed two really good chances prior to scoring.

Thought his volley would’ve been goal of the season had it gone in. Was some move! Hopefully he can bring today’s form onto Wednesday night 🤞🏻

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Thought his volley would’ve been goal of the season had it gone in. Was some move! Hopefully he can bring today’s form onto Wednesday night
    What a flick from Nisbet to set that up - and the keepers save was outstanding . Murphy must have thought he’d scored when he connected with that . Great play .

I like Murphy but I’ve felt that he just can’t buy a goal. Maybe today’s goal will get him on to a scoring streak. Let’s hope so.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    What a flick from Nisbet to set that up - and the keepers save was outstanding . Murphy must have thought he’d scored when he connected with that . Great play .
    Not a great admirer of that big galoot of a keeper but it was a very good, instinctive save.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Thought his volley would’ve been goal of the season had it gone in. Was some move! Hopefully he can bring today’s form onto Wednesday night 🤞🏻
    I wasn't sure who hit that at the game but watched it back now. We played some brilliant football in the second half and pity that never went in as it was superb play all round

Jamie goes past players like they arent there. On both sides. Mibbe not the very best of finishers, but Christ, he is a joy to watch at times.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Jamie goes past players like they arent there. On both sides. Mibbe not the very best of finishers, but Christ, he is a joy to watch at times.
    He reminds me of one Michael O'Neill the way he glides past players.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Yes really like him as a player and good he had such a brilliant impact from the bench was exactly what the team have been screaming out for. Had a good hand in the equaliser and right place to score the winner. On another day he scores a hat trick himself. The quality of his impact highlights more than ever the frustration he has been so stop start during his Hibs career. Hopefully we stays fit up to the break in Jan.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Lovely to see him playing forward thinking, creative football yesterday..I’m sure he’s more frustrated by the injuries than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Lovely to see him playing forward thinking, creative football yesterday..I’m sure he’s more frustrated by the injuries than anyone.
    No doubt about that such a dangerous player for us when in that form.

Good 20 odd minutes by Murphy, may not be a regular starter any more but contributions like that will go a long way to helping us succeed. Same goes for Allan too.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    When fit he is a game changer for us, keeping him fit seems to be the issue but no doubting he is a cracking player, for someone not relatively quick he beats players with ease

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Good 20 odd minutes by Murphy, may not be a regular starter any more but contributions like that will go a long way to helping us succeed. Same goes for Allan too.
    When he’s fully fit , I reckon he will be back starting

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    When he’s fully fit , I reckon he will be back starting

Problem is keeping him fit, a fit squad always brings selection headaches for the manager but that's a good thing, I want all the players to be pushing for a starting spot, that means they're all champing at the bit to play.

We have three players in our team who have ability that makes them so entertaining to watch - Murphy, Allan and Boyle.

Such a shame that injury/health issues seem to have impacted 2 of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Absolutely