hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And on most occasions have struggled to break the 10000 mark on most semis at Hampden.
    What you take to a semi final has no bearing on what you take to a Final . Every final should start with a 50/50 split. If any club decides they could not sell the allocation for the Final their allocation is reduced. Not really a difficult concept to comprehend

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I've emailed him and the main points I was making that he has added yet another advantage to celtic. Own city, own end, own dressing room and now more fans in what is meant to be a neutral stadium. Expect the same posh response as above but he can expect further emails from me asking more questions if it is. Total pile of pish from him. No matter who the OF play in a final they will always have ST holders who miss out as Hampden has a capacity of 50000 minus sponsors etc means approx 45000 available. The hun and celtic both have more ST'S than that. He is a cock
    Could have saved yourself a bit of time by just writing the sentence you finished with. Says all that needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    as I said on another thread
    Get the big screens up and running at er for the final, get tents erected, sell bevvy and make a mint.
    I think I remember seeing something that Stevenage did, where they had picnic tables all over the pitch.

TBH that has the potential to be epic, for those who cannot get a ticket for Hampden for whatever reason...

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Could have saved yourself a bit of time by just writing the sentence you finished with. Says all that needs to be said.
    True but he probably wouldn't have replied making it more difficult to have an argument with him!! I may sign off by calling him that though

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    And on most occasions have struggled to break the 10000 mark on most semis at Hampden.

I can only remember 1 semi at Hampden in last 20 years with us taking less than 10k. That was midweek game against Huns in 2004. Not sure where you get 'most' from.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    as I said on another thread
    Get the big screens up and running at er for the final, get tents erected, sell bevvy and make a mint.
    Aye, I can see Premier sports allowing that.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I can only remember 1 semi at Hampden in last 20 years with us taking less than 10k. That was midweek game against Huns in 2004. Not sure where you get 'most' from.
    Dunfermline replay that we lost was very sparsely attended iirc. But your point stands!

I've just emailed them we'll see what happens.

I'm not holding my breath.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    [QUOTE=Smartie;6755929]I have no doubt that they'll want as even a split of fans as possible and after we sell out our initial allocation very quickly, we'll soon find ourselves being given half the groundp.

But this has not clearly been said anywhere. I'm sure we would all be happy if they say 17.5k to start with, with up to 50% allocated should we sell out the initial allocation.
    But they have been ambiguous at best as to what any 'further' allocation we MAY get.

[QUOTE=Hibee87;6756432]
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I have no doubt that they'll want as even a split of fans as possible and after we sell out our initial allocation very quickly, we'll soon find ourselves being given half the groundp.

But this has not clearly been said anywhere. I'm sure we would all be happy if they say 17.5k to start with, with up to 50% allocated should we sell out the initial allocation.
    But they have been ambiguous at best as to what any 'further' allocation we MAY get.
    https://spfl.co.uk/news/premier-spor...-final-details

You can see by looking at that link and what has been given to each club that it's clear the only section that will be available for Hibs fans is section N in the upper.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McSwanky View Post
    Dunfermline replay that we lost was very sparsely attended iirc. But your point stands!
    I think I've blanked that game from my memory!!

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Can we realistically get 50 percent of the stadium with what we have been allocated plus the potential area we get after we sell?

I'm guessing the answer is no.

If the answer is no, then it's a crock of *****.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Callum_62; 23-11-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Can we realistically get 50 percent of the stadium with what we have been allocated plus the potential area we get after we sell?

I'm guessing the answer is no.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Not a chance!

They will get all the North over what we will get.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    So I got the same bog standard reply from Doncaster as everyone else so I replied with this. Won't help but made me feel a wee but better

Neil
    Thanks for taking the time to copy and paste my name into the standard reply you have been giving every Hibs supporter who has contacted you.
    You have not answered any of my questions. I asked why you thought it was OK to give another advantage to a team who, at a neutral venue, already have their own end given to them regardless of who they play and their own dressing room regardless of who they play. If you want to try to keep up the pretence of Hampden being neutral the only thing you can do is to have an even split of tickets for clubs who would sell out for a final.
    You mention that it is based on semi final tickets and also mention the other finals Hibs have been in but this is disingenuous. The finals you quote had allocations agreed by BOTH clubs and itvwasnt a case of both asking for 50/50. Also finals have never been based on this in the past and regardless of who celtic or indeed rangers were to play in a final they will never be able to satisfy their season ticket fan base as Hampden just isn't big enough to cope. So no matter how you cut it there will always be celtic fans who want to go that can't and that will still be the case this time. What you have done is deliberately disadvantage Hibs fans who would attend a final, as history shows Hibs fans will turn up in big numbers for a final, to pander once again to one of the old firm clubs.

Your job is to look after the interests of ALL clubs but time after time the two Glasgow clubs seem to be the ones who get the decisions in their favour.

You also mention that this is the initial allocation and clubs may get more. I can't see how with the Hampden set up Hibs could get many more than the 17500, unless of course you mean that you are prepared to offer more to celtic if Hibs haven't sold all 17500 by a certain date. Clarification on this would be much appreciated.

I would hope that you would understand the anger that this decision has caused amongst Hibs fans, and with other non old firm fans as they can all see where this precedent leads us to in future, but to be honest I don't think you will which for someone tasked with leading our game is pretty disappointing

Regards

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    I sent this a lot earlier today but no reply

I have seen a response you have given which is an absolute disgrace
    You are in charge of an organisation that has no sense of sporting integrity. You should hang your heads in shame.
    Semi final sales should have no impact on the tickets offered for a final, you are pandering to Celtic and if you had any balls you would admit it.
    I am sure your sponsors will love all the negative publicity they and your organisation will get over the next month
    Let's hope the clubs and fans of other clubs who you are meant to represent start rising up against this pathetic decision.

Sent from my iPhone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    So I got the same bog standard reply from Doncaster as everyone else so I replied with this. Won't help but made me feel a wee but better

Neil
    Thanks for taking the time to copy and paste my name into the standard reply you have been giving every Hibs supporter who has contacted you.
    You have not answered any of my questions. I asked why you thought it was OK to give another advantage to a team who, at a neutral venue, already have their own end given to them regardless of who they play and their own dressing room regardless of who they play. If you want to try to keep up the pretence of Hampden being neutral the only thing you can do is to have an even split of tickets for clubs who would sell out for a final.
    You mention that it is based on semi final tickets and also mention the other finals Hibs have been in but this is disingenuous. The finals you quote had allocations agreed by BOTH clubs and itvwasnt a case of both asking for 50/50. Also finals have never been based on this in the past and regardless of who celtic or indeed rangers were to play in a final they will never be able to satisfy their season ticket fan base as Hampden just isn't big enough to cope. So no matter how you cut it there will always be celtic fans who want to go that can't and that will still be the case this time. What you have done is deliberately disadvantage Hibs fans who would attend a final, as history shows Hibs fans will turn up in big numbers for a final, to pander once again to one of the old firm clubs.

Your job is to look after the interests of ALL clubs but time after time the two Glasgow clubs seem to be the ones who get the decisions in their favour.

You also mention that this is the initial allocation and clubs may get more. I can't see how with the Hampden set up Hibs could get many more than the 17500, unless of course you mean that you are prepared to offer more to celtic if Hibs haven't sold all 17500 by a certain date. Clarification on this would be much appreciated.

I would hope that you would understand the anger that this decision has caused amongst Hibs fans, and with other non old firm fans as they can all see where this precedent leads us to in future, but to be honest I don't think you will which for someone tasked with leading our game is pretty disappointing

Regards
    That's an excellent letter, well done.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Can't remember who posted Doncaster's email address on here, but that was an excellent idea.

So many very good emails to him, many refuting his daft and trite responses.

I actually think he or his press officer have made a huge mistake with these emails today.

Even if it doesn't result in a change of allocation, at the very least I hope it makes him see sense for the next time.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a perfectly reasonable response?

They want to ensure they sell out a cup final and may have doubts about our ability to sell out half a ground for a LC final (nonsense as that might be).

I have no doubt that they'll want as even a split of fans as possible and after we sell out our initial allocation very quickly, we'll soon find ourselves being given half the ground.

I didn't go on Sunday. I have no complaints if I fall on the wrong side of a line when it comes to getting a ticket, and I think his point about every Hibs supporter who attended the semi getting a ticket and not every Celtic fan getting one is a fair one.
    You may not be but consider this. Why does buying a season ticket for Celtic or The The Thes entitle you to a greater share of the pot at a National Final? They contribute to their club not Scottish Football. A season ticket gets them a seat at their home ground, nothing else. Away support at grounds like Ross County and Inverness do not show that club invest more in the game but reflect the fact BBC Scotland and STV chose to show these teams on the TV from the begining of being able to broadcast, meaning places like the Highlands with no major team only saw one or the other. Choosing which was a choice of the church you attended at some point in life. They'd no one else to see(in the top flight) on a regular basis. Its exacltly the same stupid argument with stadium size. "Top flight must have capacity of x1000. " Always casually ommitting Queens Park who had a ground capable of hosting over 100000 fans.
    Neil Doncaster can sound as reasonable as he likes but he knows it's total bs. Where is the downside of not starting 50/50, unless its a rigged game? If the game's rigged it's fn stupid making it clear.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by O'Rourke3; 23-11-2021 at 09:45 PM.

Sent the following earlier tonight. Hoping the fact that I have pre-empted the standard template response may mean I get something more substantial but doubt it.

Dear Mr Doncaster

I am a Hibernian fan and I am contacting you with regards to your organisation's decision to provide an unfair distribution of tickets in favour of Celtic FC for the forthcoming Premier Sports Cup final on 19th December 2021.

I understand you have already been contacted by some of my fellow Hibernian fans and also by the club itself on this issue, unfortunately to no avail, so I do not expect you will change your decision.*

However I feel that this matter is of so much importance and a question of sporting integrity that I feel it is vital that I place on record my complete dissatisfaction with regards to this matter.

From speaking to other Hibs fans who have already contacted you and received a reply, I understand your justification for making this decision is based on the limited segregation options within Hampden Park and historical ticket sales for semi finals and finals.

On the first point regarding limited segregation, this has never been an issue on previous occasions when Hibs have been given (and successfully sold) an equal split of tickets for cup finals at Hampden and I do not understand how this can be used as justification to discriminate against one club and not the other. If there are concerns around segregation then surely there should be restrictions in place for fans of both teams.

On another point regarding segregation, I am assuming that you will be aware of the incidents on Sunday which resulted in Hibs fans in the south stand lower being assaulted by missles (in particular glass bottles) which were thrown by Rangers fans who were sitting directly above the Hibs fans in the south stand upper. Fortunately I do not believe anyone was seriously injured but I am sure you will appreciate that this will have been an extremely frightening experience for those who were in the vicinity of the area where the missiles landed. Having one set of fans sitting directly above the opposition's fans is completely unacceptable and hopefully will not be repeated for the final and we won't have Celtic fans sitting above Hibs fans.

With regards to the decision being based on historical ticket sales for semi finals and finals, I cannot understand what relevance semi final attendances have on ticket allocations for a final. Finals almost always attract larger audiences (both in person and on TV), they are a showpiece event and Hibs have recent history in easily selling more than 20,000 tickets for cup finals.

In the replies I have seen from you to other fans, you even refer to the fact that Hibs managed to take much more than that the last time we got to the League Cup final in 2016. This was also the case in 2004 and 2007 in the League Cup and in 2012, 2013 and 2016 for the Scottish Cup.*

The other point I have seen in your reply has been regarding this not being the first time that there has been an unequal allocation of tickets for a cup final as Ross County only received an initial allocation of 7,000 for that match. I feel this is completely irrelevant to the question of why Hibs are not receiving an equal share of tickets for next month's match. Unlike Hibs, Ross County do not have the fanbase which allows them to sell over 20,000 tickets, even for a cup final.

I feel that this decision is extremely unfair and totally unjustified. I understand the desire to have a full stadium for a cup final but if there had been any doubt surrounding Hibs' ability to sell more than 20,000 tickets for this match, why could there not have been an arrangement put in place which meant that Hibs had to sell so many tickets by a certain date or the rest get passed to Celtic? This could surely have been achieved whilst still maintaining segregation.

I feel that it is a matter of great regret that as the administrators of Scottish football you have failed in your duties to uphold the basic principle of sporting integrity and I believe it is bad enough that fans of Celtic (and Rangers) are allowed to get their own end in a supposedly neutral national stadium (a situation which would be hilarious if it wasn't so ridiculously absurd) without also getting an unfair advantage with regards to ticket allocations for a cup final.

I look forward to hearing from you.

I don’t think Doncaster’s response was that ridiculous in terms of his explanation and wording, considering it’s him. And it’s hardly a surprise if he’s sending the same response to hundreds of hibs fans going radge about the same topic.

Having said that - I DO think it’s ridiculous if ANY cup final has the potential to not at least give a chance of a 50/50 split. It’s meant to be a neutral venue. It should be the same when we play Ross county, St Johnstone etc.. both clubs should have the same chance at the same time to have their fair share of support there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Sent the following earlier tonight. Hoping the fact that I have pre-empted the standard template response may mean I get something more substantial but doubt it.

Dear Mr Doncaster

I am a Hibernian fan and I am contacting you with regards to your organisation's decision to provide an unfair distribution of tickets in favour of Celtic FC for the forthcoming Premier Sports Cup final on 19th December 2021.

I understand you have already been contacted by some of my fellow Hibernian fans and also by the club itself on this issue, unfortunately to no avail, so I do not expect you will change your decision.*

However I feel that this matter is of so much importance and a question of sporting integrity that I feel it is vital that I place on record my complete dissatisfaction with regards to this matter.

From speaking to other Hibs fans who have already contacted you and received a reply, I understand your justification for making this decision is based on the limited segregation options within Hampden Park and historical ticket sales for semi finals and finals.

On the first point regarding limited segregation, this has never been an issue on previous occasions when Hibs have been given (and successfully sold) an equal split of tickets for cup finals at Hampden and I do not understand how this can be used as justification to discriminate against one club and not the other. If there are concerns around segregation then surely there should be restrictions in place for fans of both teams.

On another point regarding segregation, I am assuming that you will be aware of the incidents on Sunday which resulted in Hibs fans in the south stand lower being assaulted by missles (in particular glass bottles) which were thrown by Rangers fans who were sitting directly above the Hibs fans in the south stand upper. Fortunately I do not believe anyone was seriously injured but I am sure you will appreciate that this will have been an extremely frightening experience for those who were in the vicinity of the area where the missiles landed. Having one set of fans sitting directly above the opposition's fans is completely unacceptable and hopefully will not be repeated for the final and we won't have Celtic fans sitting above Hibs fans.

With regards to the decision being based on historical ticket sales for semi finals and finals, I cannot understand what relevance semi final attendances have on ticket allocations for a final. Finals almost always attract larger audiences (both in person and on TV), they are a showpiece event and Hibs have recent history in easily selling more than 20,000 tickets for cup finals.

In the replies I have seen from you to other fans, you even refer to the fact that Hibs managed to take much more than that the last time we got to the League Cup final in 2016. This was also the case in 2004 and 2007 in the League Cup and in 2012, 2013 and 2016 for the Scottish Cup.*

The other point I have seen in your reply has been regarding this not being the first time that there has been an unequal allocation of tickets for a cup final as Ross County only received an initial allocation of 7,000 for that match. I feel this is completely irrelevant to the question of why Hibs are not receiving an equal share of tickets for next month's match. Unlike Hibs, Ross County do not have the fanbase which allows them to sell over 20,000 tickets, even for a cup final.

I feel that this decision is extremely unfair and totally unjustified. I understand the desire to have a full stadium for a cup final but if there had been any doubt surrounding Hibs' ability to sell more than 20,000 tickets for this match, why could there not have been an arrangement put in place which meant that Hibs had to sell so many tickets by a certain date or the rest get passed to Celtic? This could surely have been achieved whilst still maintaining segregation.

I feel that it is a matter of great regret that as the administrators of Scottish football you have failed in your duties to uphold the basic principle of sporting integrity and I believe it is bad enough that fans of Celtic (and Rangers) are allowed to get their own end in a supposedly neutral national stadium (a situation which would be hilarious if it wasn't so ridiculously absurd) without also getting an unfair advantage with regards to ticket allocations for a cup final.

He said in questions I raised with him that the North Stand can only be split 50/50 or not at all he said that the North Stand has been given to Celtic and we will get no tickets for that area. So effectively if we sell out we might get at the most 1000 tickets.
    They are acting like they are the old firms whores.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    He said in questions I raised with him that the North Stand can only be split 50/50 or not at all he said that the North Stand has been given to Celtic and we will get no tickets for that area. So effectively if we sell out we might get at the most 1000 tickets.
    See, I didn't realise any of that.

I thought it would have been the case that they'd have gone on the basis of giving Celtic half the North Stand and we'd get the other half if we sold enough tickets in the West and South. That in itself would be less than ideal as the North Stand tickets are more desirable but at least there would be a pathway towards a 50/50 split at a cup final, which would be reasonable.

This is actually pish, so I take back what I said earlier about it appearing reasonable.

See, I didn't realise any of that.

I thought it would have been the case that they'd have gone on the basis of giving Celtic half the North Stand and we'd get the other half if we sold enough tickets in the West and South. That in itself would be less than ideal as the North Stand tickets are more desirable but at least there would be a pathway towards a 50/50 split at a cup final, which would be reasonable.

This is actually pish, so I take back what I said earlier about it appearing reasonable.
    My questions to him and responses are on the cup final tickets thread, and there are others on there that make quite interesting reading. Time now for Ron to get his size 10s on and wade in on this. SPFL once again couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

Dear Mr Doncaster

Excellent work

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Why could 50% of the north stand just not have been allocated to either side initially then and Hibs get given a deadline for selling so many of our other tickets and if it looks like we're struggling to do so by around 10 days before the match the other 50% in the north stand can then go to Celtic?

That's surely not a difficult thing to organise.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Probably had less than ten thousand at both celtic semis if not both defo the first one

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I don’t think Doncaster’s response was that ridiculous in terms of his explanation and wording, considering it’s him. And it’s hardly a surprise if he’s sending the same response to hundreds of hibs fans going radge about the same topic.

Having said that - I DO think it’s ridiculous if ANY cup final has the potential to not at least give a chance of a 50/50 split. It’s meant to be a neutral venue. It should be the same when we play Ross county, St Johnstone etc.. both clubs should have the same chance at the same time to have their fair share of support there.

Exactly. It’s not a level playing field.

A long history of the Old Firm having a bigger backing at Hampden finals has led to the SPFL now thinking that Celtc are entitled to more tickets, and they don’t even register that as an issue.

Well played to all that have emailed Neil Doncaster over the past day or so. Some more than reasonable, well articulated concerns raised

I have sent the following to all my MSPs and the Sports Minister in the hope it will be raised in Parliament.

I am writing to you as my local MSP.

If you have been reading the sports pages this week you will probably be aware that there is some concern being voiced by Hibernian Football Club and its supporters about the decision by the Scottish Professional Footbal League (SPFL) to allocate more tickets to Celtic supporters for the forthcoming Premier Sports League Cup Final at Hampden Park in Glasgow. In all previous cup finals, both League Cup and Scottish Cup it has been the case that the officials from the SPFL and the clubs involved agree on the allocations, some clubs with smaller fanbase will accept a smaller allocation but in all recent finals the Hibernian has been invloved in they have alwas taken at least 50% of the available tickets.

The SPFL cite the larger number of season ticket holders that Celtic have as the rationale, however that being the case will they give Rangers a lower allocation the next time the play Celtic in a League Cup Final as they have around 8,000 less season ticket holders than Celtic.

I realise this may not be imortant in the grand scheme of things but in the terms of fairness and sporting integrity I think it is something that needs to be addressed as I see this as the thin end of the wedge that will allow the SPFL to reduce the allocations for all Scottish football clubs with the exception of Cetic and Rangers.

Many thanks for your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I have sent the following to all my MSPs and the Sports Minister in the hope it will be raised in Parliament.

I am writing to you as my local MSP.

If you have been reading the sports pages this week you will probably be aware that there is some concern being voiced by Hibernian Football Club and its supporters about the decision by the Scottish Professional Footbal League (SPFL) to allocate more tickets to Celtic supporters for the forthcoming Premier Sports League Cup Final at Hampden Park in Glasgow. In all previous cup finals, both League Cup and Scottish Cup it has been the case that the officials from the SPFL and the clubs involved agree on the allocations, some clubs with smaller fanbase will accept a smaller allocation but in all recent finals the Hibernian has been invloved in they have alwas taken at least 50% of the available tickets.

The SPFL cite the larger number of season ticket holders that Celtic have as the rationale, however that being the case will they give Rangers a lower allocation the next time the play Celtic in a League Cup Final as they have around 8,000 less season ticket holders than Celtic.

I realise this may not be imortant in the grand scheme of things but in the terms of fairness and sporting integrity I think it is something that needs to be addressed as I see this as the thin end of the wedge that will allow the SPFL to reduce the allocations for all Scottish football clubs with the exception of Cetic and Rangers.

Many thanks for your attention.

First reply.

I will have a look at this as not sure there is much I can do as a politician but I will check.

I agree with the point re season tickets as your season ticket is only for the home league games. I should say I have a season ticket for Kelty Hearts and even at home cup games we have to pay and one of my sisters has one for Celtic and the same rules apply.