hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Let's bombard the SPFL & Sponsors

It's time to bombard the SPFL with complaints with regards the unacceptable ticketing arrangements for the League Cup Final.

We need to demand a 50/50 split as well as demanding to know why Hibs have been allocated the West Side of Hampden despite coming from the East of Scotland.

Why are Celtic always given their preferential side along with the other side of Glasgow when it's meant to be a neutral stadium when in reality it's anything but.

We also need to go after sponsors and such like on social media and drag them down as soon as it hits sponsors in the pocket then they will give the SPFL grief.

If we accept this **** situation then it will only get worse for ourselves in future cup finals as they will think they can give us even less next time, the line must be drawn here, this far no further!

No time to waste...

Phone:0141 620 4140

Email: info@spfl.co.uk

neildoncaster@spfl.co.uk

Also Glen's Vodka is the official partner of the SPFL.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/LochLomondGroup

Sponsors hate negative publicty!

01389 752 781

info@lochlomondgroup.com

https://twitter.com/GlensVodkaLLG

Cinch is another SPFL sponsor.

I would send to both emails for maximum affect.

hello@cinch.co.uk

press@cinch.co.uk

0333 015 4101

cinch (@cinchuk) / Twitter

Last edited by Steven79; 23-11-2021 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Adding more sponsors to the list

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's time to bombard the SPFL with complaints with regards the unacceptable ticketing arrangements for the League Cup Final.

We need to demand a 50/50 split as well as demanding to know why Hibs have been allocated the West Side of Hampden despite coming from the East of Scotland.

Why are Celtic always given their preferential side along with the other side of Glasgow when it's meant to be a neutral stadium when in reality it's anything but.

We also need to go after sponsors and such like on social media and drag them down as soon as it hits sponsors in the pocket then they will give the SPFL grief.

If we accept this **** situation then it will only get worse for ourselves in future cup finals as they will think they can give us even less next time, the line must be drawn here, this far no further!

No time to waste...

Email: info@spfl.co.uk.
    Emailed them yesterday asking for a full explanation of this disgraceful decision

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Email sent, I look forward to a full and honest explanation.

"...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Glen's Vodka is the official partner of the SPFL.

You can contact them below using either them phone number, Email or twitter.

01389 752 781

info@lochlomondgroup.com

No time to waste...

Email: info@spfl.co.uk

Also Glen's Vodka is the official partner of the SPFL.

01389 752 781

info@lochlomondgroup.com

Thanks for putting the email address up Steven and I've just sent a polite email asking the questions needing asked

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

I sent them an email yesterday as soon as I seen the ticket allocation, asking for an explanation why we weren't given the opportunity for an equal split, I won't be expecting a reply. I'm not sure we would sell out but not being given the opportunity to see if we can is just wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    Thanks for putting the email address up Steven and I've just sent a polite email asking the questions needing asked

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Nice one!

Premier Sports need to be contacted as well.

Cinch is another SPFL sponsor.

I would send to both emails for maximum affect.

hello@cinch.co.uk

press@cinch.co.uk

0333 015 4101

cinch (@cinchuk) / Twitter

Premier Sports can be contacted via the following.

CEO Richard Webb - richard.webb@premiersports.tv or richard.webb@premiersports.com

Email: john.purcell@premiersports.com (This is the guy that deals with advertising on the channel)

His mobile number is +353 86 3837336

Their support email address is
    support@premiersports.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV
    Last edited by Steven79; 23-11-2021 at 10:35 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks for starting this thread. I will email Premier Sports later and have already email Glen's and the SPFL. Hopefully, lots of fans will take the time and if anyone has contacts with other fans groups or posts on wider forums could they maybe ask other fans to note their displeasure. It will effect them too in time

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread. I will email Premier Sports later and have already email Glen's and the SPFL. Hopefully, lots of fans will take the time and if anyone has contacts with other fans groups or posts on wider forums could they maybe ask other fans to note their displeasure. It will effect them too in time
    Think it will only harm them if Hibs fans state they won't be buying or using their products.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    Think it will only harm them if Hibs fans state they won't be buying or using their products.
    I'd rather drink my own pish than open a bottle of Glen's so that won't be a problem.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I'd rather drink my own pish than open a bottle of Glen's so that won't be a problem.
    Yes, that is very true. A god awful product.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    That is what I said to them. I'm tee total so won't make any difference to me but anything that embarrasses the SPFL is a good thing as far as I am concerned

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Whilst we could easily sell 50/50 I do think it’s hard to justify when our attendance has not been great this season. We rarely sell out so I can see the point of view that Celtic get more fans.

To be honest it could work in our favour, just like the semi did so I’m not against it from that perspective.

I understand the arguments for asking 50/50 though. Just my opinion.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Made me lol

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Whilst we could easily sell 50/50 I do think it’s hard to justify when our attendance has not been great this season. We rarely sell out so I can see the point of view that Celtic get more fans.

To be honest it could work in our favour, just like the semi did so I’m not against it from that perspective.

I understand the arguments for asking 50/50 though. Just my opinion.
    A final should always start with a 50/50 split and then reviewed once sales have started. Not the other way around and certainly not when the least weve ever taken is 25000 due to the split. We have taken 40k twice this century.

What's the ABV?

I have sent off a few emails, thanks for posting.

Absolutely no hope of them changing their mind. But I enjoyed venting my spleen.

:-)

Already responded with "12000 Glasgow fans who attended the semi v St J. miss out". So as they had more you lose out regardless.

A reply from Doncaster below… Expect a copy and paste job

Thank you for your email and for contacting me with your concerns.

I presume that you are a Hibernian FC supporter and if so, I hope very much that you enjoyed your day at Hampden Park on Sunday and are looking forward to what should be a fantastic final on Sunday 19 December.

Ticket allocation decisions are often difficult and there are many factors which need to be taken into account by the SPFL and the Stadium Authorities, including the history of sales in semi-finals and finals, and the limited segregation options within Hampden Park.

In this instance, the agreed initial ticket allocations will ensure that every Hibernian supporter who was at the match on Sunday will have the opportunity to buy a ticket for the final, with a minimum of a further 8,000 tickets available. In contrast, over 12,000 Celtic supporters who were at Saturday's semi-final tie will not have the opportunity to buy a ticket for the final.

It is important also to note that these numbers are initial allocations only and there will likely be the opportunity for further allocations to both clubs depending on sales.

It is in fact quite a common occurrence for one team in a final to be allocated more tickets than their opponents. Indeed, the 2016 Scottish League Cup final saw Hibernian receive an initial allocation of 25,800 tickets (with Ross County getting 7,000).

I understand that the decision may be disappointing to you, but I do hope that you recognise the rationale outlined above.

Kind regards,

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post

I presume that you are a Hibernian FC supporter and if so, I hope very much that you enjoyed your day at Hampden Park on Sunday and are looking forward to what should be a fantastic final on Sunday 19 December.

Ticket allocation decisions are often difficult and there are many factors which need to be taken into account by the SPFL and the Stadium Authorities, including the history of sales in semi-finals and finals, and the limited segregation options within Hampden Park.

In this instance, the agreed initial ticket allocations will ensure that every Hibernian supporter who was at the match on Sunday will have the opportunity to buy a ticket for the final, with a minimum of a further 8,000 tickets available. In contrast, over 12,000 Celtic supporters who were at Saturday's semi-final tie will not have the opportunity to buy a ticket for the final.

It is important also to note that these numbers are initial allocations only and there will likely be the opportunity for further allocations to both clubs depending on sales.

It is in fact quite a common occurrence for one team in a final to be allocated more tickets than their opponents. Indeed, the 2016 Scottish League Cup final saw Hibernian receive an initial allocation of 25,800 tickets (with Ross County getting 7,000).

I understand that the decision may be disappointing to you, but I do hope that you recognise the rationale outlined above.

Kind regards,

Neil
    So going by that logic the next time Rangers meet Celtic in the semi/final the Green half of Glasgow should have more fans since they have more season ticket holders/bigger crowds?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    So going by that logic the next time Rangers meet Celtic in the semi/final the Green half of Glasgow should have more fans since they have more season ticket holders/bigger crowds?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Which is exactly what everyones response should be when we get the expected cut and paste response from him

@hibs.net private member

Kind regards,

Neil
    Nowhere in that response does he mention sporting integrity or neutrality. And by his logic, Celtc deserve more tickets because St Johnstone only took 2,000 to the semi. He's an arse.

Kind regards,

Neil
    ha,ha got the same lazy incorrect reply he did change the name at the top, his rationale is Not Sporting Integrity in any shape or form.

Kind regards,

Neil
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a perfectly reasonable response?

They want to ensure they sell out a cup final and may have doubts about our ability to sell out half a ground for a LC final (nonsense as that might be).

I have no doubt that they'll want as even a split of fans as possible and after we sell out our initial allocation very quickly, we'll soon find ourselves being given half the ground.

I didn't go on Sunday. I have no complaints if I fall on the wrong side of a line when it comes to getting a ticket, and I think his point about every Hibs supporter who attended the semi getting a ticket and not every Celtic fan getting one is a fair one.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

They want to ensure they sell out a cup final and may have doubts about our ability to sell out half a ground for a LC final (nonsense as that might be).

I have no doubt that they'll want as even a split of fans as possible and after we sell out our initial allocation very quickly, we'll soon find ourselves being given half the ground.

I didn't go on Sunday. I have no complaints if I fall on the wrong side of a line when it comes to getting a ticket, and I think his point about every Hibs supporter who attended the semi getting a ticket and not every Celtic fan getting one is a fair one.
    Glad you wrote that Smartie, because I agree with you.

Given that we only sold circa 10k for the semi-final, this was always going to happen.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Smartie, Celtic have been allocated the rest of the ground, apart from South Upper, where we have been given Q only at this stage
    The only extra I believe we could get are M&N south upper

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Have we ever not sold our allocation for a league cup final or any final? I don’t see us getting extra tickets when we sell our initial allocation, but I will hold my hands up if we do.

United we stand here....