hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably had less than ten thousand at both celtic semis if not both defo the first one

It's possible, I really can't remember. The point is though the OP said we took less than 10k to most Hampden semis. That's just plain wrong. Incredibly in last 20 years we've been at 16 semis, excluding replays. Not all were at Hampden, 2 at Tiny I think, but there's only 2 or 3 at max where our support was less than 10k.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    It's possible, I really can't remember. The point is though the OP said we took less than 10k to most Hampden semis. That's just plain wrong. Incredibly in last 20 years we've been at 16 semis, excluding replays. Not all were at Hampden, 2 at Tiny I think, but there's only 2 or 3 at max where our support was less than 10k.
    According to Doncaster we took less than 10,000 supporters to Hampden on Sunday.
    He said all Hibs supporters at the semi final will get a ticket for the final and Hibs will get another 8,000 tickets on top of that i.e. there was circa 9,500 Hibs supporters at Hampden on Sunday

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Probably had less than ten thousand at both celtic semis if not both defo the first one
    I thought we had more at the first than the second given we had half the north stand also

A shambles.

Celtic can act high and mighty all they like, but their semi final attendances over the years (excluding games vs rangers) aren't all that great considering the amount of ST holders they have.

Plenty examples in the last 10 years alone. Pricks

Ayr and Dunfermline replay are two others

No reply today to my email from yesterday.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Change your email address to mrsdoctorbudge@youcantrelegateus.com?

You never know

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Commendable effort but no doubt pishing against the wind unfortunately.

Outside the initial statement from Hibs have the club said anything further? At this stage I'm guessing nothing more can be done but going forward it should be a given that there's a 50/50 split unless it's apparent you can't sell your allocation.

Should we apply more pressure to Hibs to advocate for this? Given Kieran scopes these boards as well as other social media groups etc. I hope our feelings are being passed on. Also I'd like Ron and Ben to be pushing to make sure this doesn't happen again. It's simply not acceptable.

Apologies if I've missed further correspondence which states we're being heard.

It's another reason why Hampden isn't fit for purpose that they couldn't design the North Stand to have differing splits ie 25/75 and 50/50.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Aye, nothing for me either to my 2nd email. Easy to send out a bog standard email but not easy to answer direct questions. He is a ******

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    No reply either

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Aye, nothing for me either to my 2nd email. Easy to send out a bog standard email but not easy to answer direct questions. He is a ******
    My email must have been too challenging since I already pre-empted some of the standard replies that others received.

Left by mutual consent!
    Replied to his response yesterday too and no reply today when I asked him that Hampden wasn't a neutral venue.

Awright boys, do you want me to give the Donkeymeister a call in the morning and see if he would consider reducing our ticket allocation a bit more?
    Can someone else cancel the "Donkey Oot" banners.
    Cheeeeuurs
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 24-11-2021 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Whilst we could easily sell 50/50 I do think it’s hard to justify when our attendance has not been great this season. We rarely sell out so I can see the point of view that Celtic get more fans.

To be honest it could work in our favour, just like the semi did so I’m not against it from that perspective.

I understand the arguments for asking 50/50 though. Just my opinion.
    That's an absolutely moot point. The whole point of a neutral venue is so that no club has the advantage of playing on their own pitch ... In modern day professional football it's absolutely fundamental that the logic of that also extends as far as possible to both club's having an equal support on the day. Hibs have proved time after time that we are capable of selling well over 20,000 tickets for a cup final. What crowds a club draws at home has absolutely no place in this discussion.