hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar

Hibernian family/class

Well here we are again with another hampden adventure on the horizon. The last several weeks have been turbulent to say the least with cancelled games, losses, Covid, manager bashing and player bashing. This is nothing new, this is possibly how most clubs up and down the country run. Good spells, bad spells, at your best, at your worst. If truth be told this is indeed football. Even clubs we aspire to be have this in their locker. Man U, Barca, and the likes will suffer indignity at the level they find themselves. One thing I’ve always found with our club, and I say our club, because it is. It doesn’t belong to me, or you, or him, or her. It belongs to us all. In fact it doesn’t really belong, it kind of just sits there in our lives and rolls around in how we decide to feel or play with it. But here’s the thing, does it matter if your the best hibs fan in the world. In our heads we ALL are. And that’s how it should be. Hibernian is what makes you, me, him, her, and all the rest come together. Good or bad it boils down to one thing. HIBERNIAN. If I think something is right or wrong, who the hell am I to have a go at the next guy who disagrees or has their opinion. I’m not. But one thing is for sure, and it’s been happening for a while, our agreeing to disagree has taken on a complex that is beyond recovery it seems. We have started to in fight with each other on anything from strip choice to players chosen, to televisions in the ground to the point where it’s becoming bloody ridiculous.

I don’t care who goes to a game, turns up for a game, watches it on tv, or can’t afford to go. But the vitriol that seems to follow is now on social media, berating anyone and anything said or mentioned is horrendous.

We are Hibs. We say we are hibs class, but I see a hugely divided support that have nothing better to do than rip the star out of each other for opinions. Yes this is a social media platform, yes we have to debate, yes we have differences in thoughts and opinions, but my word, let’s honestly think before we post then let the horrid nasty crap response to each other kicks in.

We’re not the perfect football team. In the 45 years I followed us home and away I’ve learnt we never will be. But what we are is different from the rest. We’re bigger and better than your Aberdeen’s, your mother wells, your Dundee uniteds and the others in that bracket. We’ve sold more season tickets than most of them put together. Doesn’t mean you have to beat them EVERY time. That won’t happen. We’re not that shallow bunch of shi£e we have to share our city with, who’s fans are just pathetic and deluded at times. We’re not any side of the Glasgow erse cheek that think they are just untouchable but are actually horrendous as each other.

We’re a special special club. With a special special history and what should set us apart is ourselves as fans. We will always have a handful of fans that are just beyond any sort of logic but ffs let’s just stop the infighting, support the team, support the management, support each other and move forward as one. I you never know, it might just take us somewhere that we never expected.

We are ALL hibs. 2k at a game, 10k at a game or 20k at a game is irrelevant, it’s what we do when we’re there regardless of the competition. It’s time to unite when all around are fighting amongst themselves at times. If I say green and you say white does it really mean we have to argue.

Opinions matter. But not as much as our wonderful club. Life’s too short.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaleHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well here we are again with another hampden adventure on the horizon. The last several weeks have been turbulent to say the least with cancelled games, losses, Covid, manager bashing and player bashing. This is nothing new, this is possibly how most clubs up and down the country run. Good spells, bad spells, at your best, at your worst. If truth be told this is indeed football. Even clubs we aspire to be have this in their locker. Man U, Barca, and the likes will suffer indignity at the level they find themselves. One thing I’ve always found with our club, and I say our club, because it is. It doesn’t belong to me, or you, or him, or her. It belongs to us all. In fact it doesn’t really belong, it kind of just sits there in our lives and rolls around in how we decide to feel or play with it. But here’s the thing, does it matter if your the best hibs fan in the world. In our heads we ALL are. And that’s how it should be. Hibernian is what makes you, me, him, her, and all the rest come together. Good or bad it boils down to one thing. HIBERNIAN. If I think something is right or wrong, who the hell am I to have a go at the next guy who disagrees or has their opinion. I’m not. But one thing is for sure, and it’s been happening for a while, our agreeing to disagree has taken on a complex that is beyond recovery it seems. We have started to in fight with each other on anything from strip choice to players chosen, to televisions in the ground to the point where it’s becoming bloody ridiculous.

I don’t care who goes to a game, turns up for a game, watches it on tv, or can’t afford to go. But the vitriol that seems to follow is now on social media, berating anyone and anything said or mentioned is horrendous.

We are Hibs. We say we are hibs class, but I see a hugely divided support that have nothing better to do than rip the star out of each other for opinions. Yes this is a social media platform, yes we have to debate, yes we have differences in thoughts and opinions, but my word, let’s honestly think before we post then let the horrid nasty crap response to each other kicks in.

We’re not the perfect football team. In the 45 years I followed us home and away I’ve learnt we never will be. But what we are is different from the rest. We’re bigger and better than your Aberdeen’s, your mother wells, your Dundee uniteds and the others in that bracket. We’ve sold more season tickets than most of them put together. Doesn’t mean you have to beat them EVERY time. That won’t happen. We’re not that shallow bunch of shi£e we have to share our city with, who’s fans are just pathetic and deluded at times. We’re not any side of the Glasgow erse cheek that think they are just untouchable but are actually horrendous as each other.

We’re a special special club. With a special special history and what should set us apart is ourselves as fans. We will always have a handful of fans that are just beyond any sort of logic but ffs let’s just stop the infighting, support the team, support the management, support each other and move forward as one. I you never know, it might just take us somewhere that we never expected.

We are ALL hibs. 2k at a game, 10k at a game or 20k at a game is irrelevant, it’s what we do when we’re there regardless of the competition. It’s time to unite when all around are fighting amongst themselves at times. If I say green and you say white does it really mean we have to argue.

GGTTH

Nicely put - well done.

Love this 👍🥰

GGTTH
    Who do you think you're talking to?

GGTTH
    I think that's where it all breaks down on social media. Everyone might be entitled to an opinion, but opinions are most certainly not created equal.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Who do you think you're talking to?
    Brilliant mate totally agree have a different opinion from one another but let’s get right behind our club and team and all pull together as one we as a club are in a good place with our owner get along to support our team whenever possible be it at the Leith San Siro or on our travels I for one I’m so proud to be a hibby always will be no matter what ggtth 🇳🇬