hibs.net Messageboard

Welcome financial boost for reaching final

It hadn’t really struck me until a few minutes ago, how much of a financial boost this will be for the club.

Will be a full house of 50,000, say an average of £30 a ticket, equals £1.5m of gate money.

Not sure of the split, possibly 40% each club, and 20% to the SPFL, would give us £600,000 before tax.

Then on top of that the prize money is £320k for the winner/ £145k for the runner up, and each club gets £42k for the live tv rights.

Plus the club will do hospitality packages and make some money that way.

I know the figures for the gate money might be out a bit, but should be a good boost.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Does the revenue from yesterday's and today's semi finals not get pooled and then split four ways amongst the clubs?

@hibs.net private member
    Ron the con will be getting another yacht.

In all seriousness, very good for our club. Let's win it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does the revenue from yesterday's and today's semi finals not get pooled and then split four ways amongst the clubs?
    That was my understanding off it - there was a Celtic/Rangers semi a few years back and they were moaning as the other semi had bugger all fans at it. They didn't want to split the money four ways but had to

I think in addition to the normal there will also be a surge of purchases in relation to merchandise.

Fans who maybe don’t already have, will be buying a top etc to wear at the cup final.

I noticed the restocked the away strip yesterday, I’ll be ordering one for the final.

Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    Correct

And every £ in Hibs pocket for the final would have been in Sevco pocket.....and they are desperate for cash.

Nice one.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I think in addition to the normal there will also be a surge of purchases in relation to merchandise.

Fans who maybe don’t already have, will be buying a top etc to wear at the cup final.

I noticed the restocked the away strip yesterday, I’ll be ordering one for the final.
    Maybe a surge in half season ticket sales if that gets you a cup final ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Maybe a surge in half season ticket sales if that gets you a cup final ticket?
    Good shout, would be quite an incentive for a few I’d imagine.

Only thing is we’ll need to continue today into the league to convince a few yet I’m sure 😅

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    We can't underestimate the cash and boost this will generate for the club. Through TV, gate receipts, merchandise and sponsorships we should be looking at around a million pounds before tax.

Hopefully this windfall will allow us to push the boat out during the next transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    It hadn’t really struck me until a few minutes ago, how much of a financial boost this will be for the club.

Will be a full house of 50,000, say an average of £30 a ticket, equals £1.5m of gate money.

Not sure of the split, possibly 40% each club, and 20% to the SPFL, would give us £600,000 before tax.

Then on top of that the prize money is £320k for the winner/ £145k for the runner up, and each club gets £42k for the live tv rights.

Plus the club will do hospitality packages and make some money that way.

I know the figures for the gate money might be out a bit, but should be a good boost.
    I would be surprised if get all of the gate like that, what about the costs of putting the game in, policing, stewarding etc. Etc.

What is the thinking behind the semi finalists also getting a share of cup final revenue? Seems like they are being financially rewarded for losing a game.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    What is the thinking behind the semi finalists also getting a share of cup final revenue? Seems like they are being financially rewarded for losing a game.
    Pretty sure its only the semi final games that are split 4 ways. The losing semi finalists dont make money from the final.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Scottish league cup rules and regulations

10.7 For each Match in the Semi Final Round of the Competition:
    10.7.1 the ticket pricing and number of tickets to be allocated to each participating
    Club/club shall be determined by the Board;
    10.7.2 15% (or such lesser percentage as the Company may be able to agree) of the gross admission receipts after deduction of the applicable VAT shall be paid to the neutral venue owner and operator as payment for the hire of the stadium and associated services;
    10.7.3 following the payment specified at Regulation 10.7.2, the Match expenses and costs incurred by the Company or for which the Company is liable shall then be deducted from the remaining balance and applied in the discharge and/or reimbursement of such expenses and costs;
    10.7.4 the Company shall retain 5% of the remaining balance following the payments specified at Regulations 10.7.2 and 10.7.3; and
    10.7.5 following all payments specified in this Regulation 10.7 the remaining net admission receipts after all such deductions, payments etc. shall have been made and/or allowed for shall be divided equally amongst the four competing Clubs or clubs which participated in the Semi Final Round of the Competition.
    Page 15 of 24

10.8 For the Final Match of the Competition:
    10.8.1 the ticket pricing and number of tickets to be allocated to each participating
    Club/club shall be determined by the Board;
    10.8.2 20% (or such lesser percentage as the Company may be able to agree) of the gross admission receipts after deduction of the applicable VAT shall be paid to the neutral venue owner and operator as payment for the hire of the stadium and associated services;
    10.8.3 following the payment specified at Regulation 10.8.2, the Match expenses and costs incurred by the Company or for which the Company is liable shall then be deducted from the remaining balance and applied in the discharge and/or reimbursement of such expenses and costs;
    10.8.4 the Company shall retain 5% of the remaining balance following the payments specified at Regulations 10.8.2 and 10.8.3; and
    10.8.5 following all payments specified in this Regulation 10.8 the remaining net admission receipts after all such deductions, payments etc. shall have been made and/or allowed for shall be divided equally between and paid to the two competing Clubs or clubs which participated in the Final Round of the Competition.