hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jack Ross

First Team Breakthrough
    Really happy for Jack Ross, he deserved that performance from Hibs at Hampden

2. Log in to remove the advert

sometimes we beat rangers with a back to the walls,get a goal type of game. tonight we horsed them and were by far the better team. take a bow mr Ross

Today just confirms we would have beat those ****ers off the park at ibrox last time around if the cheating ref hadn't stepped in

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard today that’s now 46 wins in 91 games as manager for Hibs

As far as Hibs go that’s a very very good record and will be higher than most.

Add in our first 3rd place finish in 16 years, two finals and two semi finals in just two years and I think it’s fair to say he’s doing well.

Yes we get frustrated about performances or results but that the level we’re at - but he is raising it considerably.

He is getting us to big games and occasions frequently.

I’ve no doubt he’ll get us back up the league.

I also think he attracts good players and makes Hibs a place players want to come - especially young ones. It’s now time to add some experienced quality to take us to the next level.
    And to stay.

That's why we love football - what a result. Well done everyone at Hibs - it could be a good Christmas.

Another final under Ross. This time with 20k of us there backing the team. We can do this.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Our record in getting to hampden is absolutely incredible since 2016

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Our record in getting to hampden is absolutely incredible since 2016

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Going for our 6th time in just over a year. This time let's bring a trophy back to Leith.

A result to match the performance against The Rangers had been brewing for quite a while now. Although he hadn't beaten them until yesterday the post-lockdown performances against them were quite good, defeats mainly down to the small margins of football and being on the wrong side of debatable refereeing decisions.

Hoping this can jump start our season back into life. Looks as if the COVID-19 enforced break gave us a good opportunity to reset but need to keep up that level now, games will be coming thick and fast.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRA View Post
    A result to match the performance against The Rangers had been brewing for quite a while now. Although he hadn't beaten them until yesterday the post-lockdown performances against them were quite good, defeats mainly down to the small margins of football and being on the wrong side of debatable refereeing decisions.

Hoping this can jump start our season back into life. Looks as if the COVID-19 enforced break gave us a good opportunity to reset but need to keep up that level now, games will be coming thick and fast.
    I fully agree with all of that.

It was about time we got a result like we did yesterday in such a game.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    I fully agree with all of that.

It was about time we got a result like we did yesterday in such a game.
    So you keep saying.

Instead of wording it that way, why not just say a big congratulations to the team and JR. Yesterday’s game has put to bed the “We don’t perform in big games” tag.

Instead of its “about time” why not “well done”

Testimonial Due
    Buzzing for Jack Ross. Hopefully people can keep faith and trust him through difficult moments that will come as it does with every hibs manager.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I like Jack Ross

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I was very vocal about wanting him punted after the Celtic game but he has certainly shut me up. Great seeing his reaction after the game. Fresh start for him from here on in from me and roll on the final.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I was very vocal about wanting him punted after the Celtic game but he has certainly shut me up. Great seeing his reaction after the game. Fresh start for him from here on in from me and roll on the final.
    Same here.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Like others I had lost a lot of confidence in him and thought it was the beginning of the end.

But that is exactly the kind of performance I've been looking for.

Always great to score 3 against Rangers but it was the defensive side that really impressed me.

Hands up - I got this one totally wrong.

In the whole run up to yesterday I just wasn't feeling it at all. I had huge reservations about the ability of Jack Ross and this group of players to be able to put in a big performance when it mattered most. I'd been fighting the urge to be negative and pessimistic in the run up to the game as I didn't think it was in anyone's interests to be pissing on chips in the run up to the big game just to be able to say "I told you so" after the event.

It was a fantastic performance on so many levels - from the manager and from the players. He got the tactics and team selection spot on, with a couple of big calls in there (Boyle up front, Campbell starting). The subs were good and all played a role in the victory.

The criticism of the results Jack Ross' teams have had in big games has been justified - but he's just stuck a great big spike through that criticism. Beating Rangers in Glasgow to reach a cup final cancels out an awful lot of the criticism that has come his way. If he can get another performance and a win in the final then all will be forgotten. Alan Stubbs in many ways papered over a few cracks with his cup win but does anyone really care?

I'm so chuffed for so many people, particularly I think some of our longest serving players who have endured criticism over the past few weeks upon renewing their contracts. These are good players and people we will look back upon as some of our favourites in years to come, once the dust has settled on their Hibs careers. Darren McGregor, Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson shouldn't have to prove themselves to anyone, but still...

I've flip-flopped on Jack Ross. I've been positive when there have been things to be positive about and I've been negative when there have been things to be negative about, but he's gone a long way towards galvanising the whole club and the whole support with a performance and result to make us all proud when it really mattered most.

Well done to everyone involved.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    My manager.

Unbelievable result and performance with us looking so so organised all over the pitch.

Starting Campbell was a huge call and risk but he got it spot on and deserves enormous credit for that.

Now is this classed as a big game?😅

His records in cups is fantastic.
    Agree.

I've said it before (and probably need to say it again) consistently getting to semi finals and finals season after season is a great achievement and he doesn't get enough credit for that at times. Every time we get to a final it's a chance to win silverware, we're not going to win them all but we'll win them sooner or later.

Well done to the fans on this thread who gave him stick for previous poor performances and wanted him punted for admitting they were proved wrong yesterday.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Well done to the fans on this thread who gave him stick for previous poor performances and wanted him punted for admitting they were proved wrong yesterday.
    Even as a backer of JR I don’t think anyone can say they have been proved right or wrong on the basis of yesterday alone and i’d be surprised if the doubters have had their minds fully changed on the basis of that.

One things for sure though yesterday is a result and performance that will live long in the memory and no one can take that away from him now.

The energy and passion shown is something which has been a recurring theme during Jacks tenure and yesterday was a lot more like what we were are all wanting to see compared to our recent spell.

It’s great that everyone is coming together to savour the result and rightly so. Moments like that are what we all love about being Hibs fans. We are now entering a very busy period of games and it’s important we use that feel good factor to get back up the table and fighting for 3rd.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    That Celtc game is almost inexplicable given how we played yesterday. We sat so far off them and let them waltz into our half. It is the most annoyed I have been at a game for years. So different yesterday where The Rangers struggled to build anything from the back and we often got possession back in good positions. The game plan was spot on and I hope we try the same in the final and future games against the Uglies. It gets the crowd into the game too as we se the effort and pressure and urge the players on. In old money the worse that can happen is you go down swinging. Ross has a fantastic record getting to semis and finals and yesterday added something that was missing from his CV. I get the feeling it won't be the last mark in the big games column

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    Even as a backer of JR I don’t think anyone can say they have been proved right or wrong on the basis of yesterday alone and i’d be surprised if the doubters have had their minds fully changed on the basis of that.

One things for sure though yesterday is a result and performance that will live long in the memory and no one can take that away from him now.

The energy and passion shown is something which has been a recurring theme during Jacks tenure and yesterday was a lot more like what we were are all wanting to see compared to our recent spell.

It’s great that everyone is coming together to savour the result and rightly so. Moments like that are what we all love about being Hibs fans. We are now entering a very busy period of games and it’s important we use that feel good factor to get back up the table and fighting for 3rd.
    Well-balanced post. Just like it was't right to be demanding JR to go after a 4 game losing streak, it isn't right to be proclaiming everything is rosey after 1 win (albeit an absolutely fantastic one with performance to boot). The match up suited Hibs and we've played well against Rangers most games under JR without getting due reward. Let's hope we can take this kind of performance into the games where teams press us. That's the challenge facing the management team.

I have to say that the turnaround from the previous games was remarkable.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Was a critic of Jack Ross last season wanted him gone after Hearts semi and then the cup final.
    Even this season questioned his ability to win big games but he has certainly blown that out of the water big time and being the two faced #### I am I am absolutely delighted for him.
    72 cup final was my 1st trip to Hampden only missed last seasons trips due to COVID and yesterdays game was the most enjoyable 90 minutes I have had at Hampden stone cold sober bouncing about like a teenager voice gone body recovering.
    2016 and others victories were all stressful right up to the final whistle yesterday was a walk in the park.

Don’t think it’s so much being proved wrong because I still think a lot of the criticisms were valid.

I’ve never been totally convinced either way although just prior to the break I was starting to lean towards having seen enough.

Yesterday was absolutely brilliant and I didn’t see it coming. Just the manner of it more than anything. I just thought there was something totally different about us, just the aggression and intent we showed. I loved it and hope it continues.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Don’t think it’s so much being proved wrong because I still think a lot of the criticisms were valid.

I’ve never been totally convinced either way although just prior to the break I was starting to lean towards having seen enough.

Yesterday was absolutely brilliant and I didn’t see it coming. Just the manner of it more than anything. I just thought there was something totally different about us, just the aggression and intent we showed. I loved it and hope it continues.
    I agree with your view that we seemed more aggressive in our approach. Even before the game there seemed to be a level of confidence in our chances from the club. Usually we're very non commital and playing the big games down, this time I felt we were very positive pre game.

Was a brilliant performance..everyone deserves enormous credit. That first half was something special.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

I wonder if the enforced break did us good, allowed. Niggly injuries to heal, rest to be had and batteries to be recharged. We have a small squad and have had a long injury list and played a lot of games, it had to have taken its toll. Rested, raring to go and we build from here again 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    I wonder if the enforced break did us good, allowed. Niggly injuries to heal, rest to be had and batteries to be recharged. We have a small squad and have had a long injury list and played a lot of games, it had to have taken its toll. Rested, raring to go and we build from here again 👍
    I think the break has definitely worked in our favour. If nothing else, I think it took away some of the pressure that was starting to build. Bench also looked a bit stronger yesterday as well.

In fairness to JR and the team, aside from one silly mistake on the park, the tactics were spot on, the desire, hunger and commitment was spot on and it showed in the performance. I never in a million years seen it coming after recent form. 10/10 all round from me.

Gets it right again next month, and all the previous **** is forgiven in my eyes.