hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye that’s what it’ll be, Folk decided no to go to the semi’s because they “couldn’t be arsed”

Definitely not getting priced out the game or other mitigating factors.
    Those are perfectly good reasons. I've no problem with that. No doubt there were plenty who couldn't be arsed for this and the last one, because we were in bad form.

2. Log in to remove the advert

These comments from “hibs fans” saying that’s what we deserve because of semi final sales!!!
    Its that mentality that lets the old firm and spfl do what they want.
    It’s a national final and should always be a 50/50 split unless one club can’t sell there allocation.
    It’s time for clubs to stand up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Yeah sorry I didn't make it yesterday, this is all down to me, fire in lads.....
    It's nothing to do with the individual.

Thats us in with the Diddy clubs now though. We'll be lucky to get 50% against the OF ever again. It's a joke decision but sadly we let them make it.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I don’t doubt we would sell out. But it’s hard for hibs to argue when we only sell 10k for the semi.
    Why, they are different games? A final is not a semi. People fly from Australia and America for finals, not for semis. It’s the pinnacle of the tournament and there’s only two a season in Scotland.

We all know that we’ve never not sold out our final allocation.

It goes to the heart of neutrality. Sell tickets to Celtic if we can’t sell the (we won’t) but don’t give us a paltry number of tickets.

J

A final should be an equal split.

Hibs are more than capable of selling 21K for a final and we have proven it time and time again. 50/50 should be standard practice for a game at a neutral venue unless one club declines.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Yes, we only got 10K for the Semi, but the game was essentially a home game for the OF and they were heavy favourites.

I'm fairly confident we would sell out - although prices are higher than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

Thats us in with the Diddy clubs now though. We'll be lucky to get 50% against the OF ever again. It's a joke decision but sadly we let them make it.
    I don’t see how that’ll be the case. This is only the SPFL and when we sell out this allocation quickly we’ll be able to point to it in the future and show that it wasn’t enough.

This has never been the case previously. Us, Hearts and Aberdeen have all taken comparable numbers for semis and then sold out for the final.

@hibs.net private member

100 percent this….individuals can moan all they want, but our semi final sales have led to this……and it will be hard to change going forward .

It’s unacceptable from the league…does nothing to provide equality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've sold out every final we've played at hampden in my lifetime and we would certainly do so again. Disgrace of a decision by the SPFL and absolutely NOT the fault of Hibs fans in any way, shape or form

Semis and finals are completely different. Should be 50/50 unless it looks like one side clearly won't sell out. Everyone in Scottish football knows Hibs would sell out half of Hampden no problem for a final. We took 30k v Ross County in 2016 lol.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Semis and finals are completely different. Should be 50/50 unless it looks like one side clearly won't sell out. Everyone in Scottish football knows Hibs would sell out half of Hampden no problem for a final. We took 30k v Ross County in 2016 lol.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    100 percent this….individuals can moan all they want, but our semi final sales have led to this……and it will be hard to change going forward .

So it's unacceptable from the league but you're blaming hibs fans for it?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post

Our semi final sales have been the same (or less on occasion) and we've always sold out the final.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    I don’t see how that’ll be the case. This is only the SPFL and when we sell out this allocation quickly we’ll be able to point to it in the future and show that it wasn’t enough.
    Enough evidence of us selling dozens of finals. They're not interested in it now, they won't be in 6 months. This is a really really bad day for Hibs. I hope the club kick off about this hard.

Enough evidence of us selling dozens of finals. They're not interested in it now, they won't be in 6 months. This is a really really bad day for Hibs. I hope the club kick off about this hard.
    There’s no evidence to suggest the SFA would do this so it would be next year. I’m pretty confident we’ll get an even split next time in the league cup

If the club don't fight this (vocally) then the reality is now that all future finals against the Old Firm will be the same.

Winning finals against the Old Firm at a supposed neutral venue (no laughing now) just became that bit harder today.

This has nothing to do with the size of the Hibs support yesterday, this is to do with the continued blatant favouritism shown towards the bigot brothers by the governing bodies.

I want to see our owner and board fighting our corner at every opportunity, and this should start today.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This has never been the case previously. Us, Hearts and Aberdeen have all taken comparable numbers for semis and then sold out for the final.
    This 100%. We've always sold out at least half the stadium every time we've made a final this century.

Been numerous occasions where a team has sold less than half in a semi and sold half (sometimes even more) for a final.

Take the Hibs v Aberdeen semi in 2017. We sold half and they were nowhere near half. Yet, when it came to the final, they were given a 50-50 split. So how come this is different? What is the justification?

Haven't even given an option to see how sales go and if half isn't sold by a certain date then can hand them back.

Disgraceful west coast bias from the SFA yet again!

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t doubt we would sell out. But it’s hard for hibs to argue when we only sell 10k for the semi.
    Why would a semi final attendance have any bearing on one for a final. We have sold out our allocations for finals recently. We would sell out this. There is clear and obvious bias towards Celtic already in this fixture. We have been given the end furthest from the vast majority of our support and out support will be less in number dues to the bias of the organisers. The ticket prices are extortionate too particularly for the likes of my who has two kids over 16. Typical Scottish football though, amateur in the extreme. I would have no issue if they gave is 17.5K and a deadline to sell before releasing others but this is clear bias and against sporting integrity. Hearts got equal allocations with Celtic for the 2019 SC Final. Why would the LC be different for us v Celtc

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    There’s no evidence to suggest the SFA would do this so it would be next year. I’m pretty confident we’ll get an even split next time in the league cup
    Based on what?
    Some people just need to take the opposite view from everyone else I suppose.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Except the clubs don't set the price for the final.
    They do

When you think that most of the freebies, sponsor tickets, debentures etc will no doubt end up in Celtic hands too, this means we'll be looking at only having a third of the stadium in a national cup final.

Neutral venue my arse!

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Put the SPFL will use the fact we only sold 10k as a driver to reduce our attendance

It’s not the SFA here it’s the SPFL.

Also they do realise Hibs have to travel to Glasgow for games and it’s not on our door step.

Every club should be given 50/50 split for a final and if they want less fine but give them a chance to sell tickets and then have a clear cut off date to offer any unsold tickets.

Would love to hear the explanation of why less tickets and why Celtic get their usual end.

They should have made it clear before the semi finals allocation for the final will be based on semi uptake. If that was the case why did they limit Hibs to 10,000 for the semi?

Even from a supporters impact on the game them having the full north stand is an advantage. It's the closest stand to the pitch and they'll have that entire side of the pitch to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by GRA View Post
    This 100%. We've always sold out at least half the stadium every time we've made a final this century.

Been numerous occasions where a team has sold less than half in a semi and sold half (sometimes even more) for a final.

Take the Hibs v Aberdeen semi in 2017. We sold half and they were nowhere near half. Yet, when it came to the final, they were given a 50-50 split. So how come this is different? What is the justification?

Haven't even given an option to see how sales go and if half isn't sold by a certain date then can hand them back.

Disgraceful west coast bias from the SFA yet again!
    That’s the Scottish Cup run by the SFA, this is the League Cup run by the SPFL who have already done the exact same thing to Aberdeen a couple of years ago. Aberdeen didn’t seem to kick up much of a fuss at the time which probably hasn’t helped us now

Put the SPFL will use the fact we only sold 10k as a driver to reduce our attendance
    But it makes no odds to the final. We'd sell half the stadium. There would be no reduction in revenues.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    So it's unacceptable from the league but you're blaming hibs fans for it?
    People can make their own choices about any game they go to ..there’s no blame, but it is part of the cause. it’s clearly been an important factor ….

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Our semi final sales have been the same (or less on occasion) and we've always sold out the final.
    Very rare it is as low as yesterday in recent times …. they’ve often been much stronger …

Complete lunacy, totally undermines any notion of sporting integrity. Hibs have a demonstrable track record of selling out a 50% cup final allocation - even during much worse times than this from a football perspective. Unjustifiable.