hibs.net Messageboard

Page 20 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We never sold 20,000 for the semi in 2013, or 2016 for that matter.

On both occasions we still received 50% for the final.

As mentioned above, this will now be the standard allocation, probably even decreasing over time.

Shafted once again.
    I know. I understand all of this. We should not be getting less than 50%. The point is, by selling 10k 3 times in a row, we've made it easy for them.

I agree, this is the way they want to go. I can see it being standard from now on too. Its ****ing shameful.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It wouldn’t make sense but it’s what I’ve been told after a mate who had an AST was allocated 2.
    Think he’s at it, all the AST fans got an email today, saying they could only get one ticket per AST

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think he’s at it, all the AST fans got an email today, saying they could only get one ticket per AST
    He might be trying to get me back from a wind up at the last cup final but seems a boring way to do it.

He might be trying to get me back from a wind up at the last cup final but seems a boring way to do it.
    Think he is, get him back on something else😀

It wouldn’t make sense but it’s what I’ve been told after a mate who had an AST was allocated 2.
    It's not true - AST get 1 ticket, as they should. Not sure how anyone could want 2? If they want to sit with friends / family they have to come out of the scheme for this game.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I think your pal is telling porkies.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    If we sell our allocation will we be entitled to more tickets? Idk why they couldn't just give us half the stadium ffs. Spfl is an absolute joke.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I think your pal is telling porkies.
    Yeah it wouldn’t make sense but we’ll see when they confirm.

Worst wind up ever if it’s not the case.

Nope. I had to opt out of it for the final to sit with my mate/s

@hibs.net private member
    What I meant was friends/family of existing season tickets holders, and AST being able to sit together. We are taking about a few people here
    It’s a pain in the ass of a scheme, for club and fans, costs the fans money on the odd occasion if you are ill and can’t go
    You can do that though. Just opt out of the scheme and buy tickets with your ST holding friends and family like the rest of us. Your still guaranteed a ticket

It won't affect myself, but I hope that people who left the £89 the season covid kicked in will get a chance for tickets. At the time L.Dempster said they would be looked after

Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    You can do that though. Just opt out of the scheme and buy tickets with your ST holding friends and family like the rest of us. Your still guaranteed a ticket
    That’s what we’ve done

@hibs.net private member
    That’s what we’ve done
    Brilliant I hope you enjoy the day with your family instead of the grumpy AST holders

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    West--13,000
    East--12,800
    North--9,100
    South--17,000

so we must be getting just 4,500 for the South to start with

if we possibly get more it's either in the North or South, possibly part of both stands maybe ?are sellick definitely starting to sell C1-C5 first in the North stand, we've saw segregation in the North for other games

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    West--13,000
    East--12,800
    North--9,100
    South--17,000

if we possibly get more it's either in the North or South, possibly part of both stands maybe ?are sellick definitely starting to sell C1-C5 first in the North stand, we've saw segregation in the North for other games
    We won’t get any of the North. It can only be segregated in the middle or at either end

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    We won’t get any of the North. It can only be segregated in the middle or at either end

it's probably already been discussed i guess, it's probably for the cameras as well and any more tickets we get will therefore be in the South then

This is a sensitive subject.

Can we please refrain from posting inflammatory misinformation regarding ticketing. By all means debate the subject at hand but at a time when a lot of people will be concerned about the arrangements please think twice before posting.

West--13,000
    East--12,800
    North--9,100
    South--17,000

If both clubs get 4500 in the South that leaves 8000 for all the sponsors, hospitality, other clubs etc.
    We ain't getting anymore in my opinion.

I have also written to Hibs on this iniquitous topic and will let you know if I receive a reply.

It makes me so angry but does not in the least bit surprise me. Who would just think that there would be any other way than a 50/50 split?

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    If both clubs get 4500 in the South that leaves 8000 for all the sponsors, hospitality, other clubs etc.

be interesting to know how many have a Debenture or whatever they're called, i think it's a cert it will mostly be old firms that have them as they're both there so often, which probably explains why their were sevco fans above hibs fans in the south, the SFA have no way of knowing which team a debenture holder supports, no sure how they things work, you may be right re 17.5k being enough but i think we will need more, tough one for families though a week before santa comes we may end up returning some of the 17.5k
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 23-11-2021 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    You can bet your bottom dollar that Celtic fans will get their mits on at least 5,000 of those 8,000. It'll be a reversal of the 2007 final where we had 30,000 and Killie got 18,000 and that left about 3,000 League officials, sponsors ect. Plus around 1,000 unused for segregation.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HNA11 View Post
    This is a sensitive subject.

Can we please refrain from posting inflammatory misinformation regarding ticketing. By all means debate the subject at hand but at a time when a lot of people will be concerned about the arrangements please think twice before posting.
    Yeah sorry - to clarify he didn’t get 2 tickets through the AST. He managed to move from the allocated seat though and was told it would be 2 per head.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Regardless, Celtic be prepared to be totally outsung and btw we're taking the cup back to Edinburgh.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post

You can bet your bottom dollar that Celtic fans will get their mits on at least 5,000 of those 8,000. It'll be a reversal of the 2007 final where we had 30,000 and Killie got 18,000 and that left about 3,000 League officials, sponsors ect. Plus around 1,000 unused for segregation.
    Guaranteed this is the case. I know quite a few old firm fans who have debentures. It’s the only way they could guarantee a cup final ticket.

be interesting to know how many have a Debenture or whatever they're called, i think it's a cert it will mostly be old firms that have them as they're both there so often, which probably explains why their were sevco fans above hibs fans in the south, the SFA have no way of knowing which team a debenture holder supports, no sure how they things work, you may be right re 17.5k being enough but i think we will need more, tough one for families though a week before santa comes we may end up returning some of the 17.5k
    Debenture holders get the chance of a seat in a particular category but not a specific seat. They get asked which team they want it for and the segregation gets adjusted accordingly. There are 4000 odd of them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just had the template email response from Doncaster telling me that Hibs took 37k in a crowd if 45k v Livingston for a League Cup Final. What a shambles the SPFL are.
    Last edited by 90274; 23-11-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    Just had the template email response from Doncaster telling me that Hibs took 45k v Livingston for a League Cup Final. What a shambles the SPFL are.
    The attendance that day (according to Wikipedia) was 45500.
    Somebody cannae count.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

I shall try to be objective and see it from the point of view of the Old Firm. They have several times the number of season ticket holders than all other clubs; thus, for a game at Hampden a fifty-fifty split means some of their ST holders miss out, whilst an occasional match-going fan of their opponent gets a ticket. Is that fair? No.

On the other side of the coin, a final at the national stadium is meant to be a neutral venue, not like a home game for the Old Firm, and the policy has always been a fifty-fifty split, with more tickets going to one club when the other can't sell their allocation. This is a fundamental aspect of a cup final and has always worked well, so why has it been changed??

Give us half the tickets initially. Then, if we don't sell them all, allow Celtic to have the remainder. This has always worked. Are we know always going to have cup final crowds dominated by the Old Firm?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    If this is the concern, they could have done:

Hibs: 100% of North plus section B in West = approx. 15K tickets + option of selling in A = approx 21K tickets
    Celtc: 100% East plus non-hosp/deb South = approx. 21K tickets

That way, both clubs get equal access to "good" seats as well.
    Or they could’ve just held onto half the north (my least favoured option but if needs must for fairness) and once we sell behind the goals out we get that 50%, if we don’t then it gets handed over. It’s 4 weeks until the game, two weeks to sell them, if not celtic get them. I’d take 1/10 of his salary to make that decision.

Testimonial Due
    The Hibs v Kilmarnock final attendance in 2007 has not been bettered by any other final tie since - including every Celtc/Sevco final. It's 3,000 higher than the Killie v Celtic final in 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...gue_Cup_finals