hibs.net Messageboard

Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2939
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who’s to say the semi final hasn’t been the only game some fans have attended? Would they still deserve preference over a ST holder then?
    Nope ST holders have priority to get semi tickets ahead of everyone else as it is now and then on to the final if they attended, but if you decide to sit in the house and watch on telly as there’s more chance of a pumping than a win, to then jump to head of the queue when other people took the gamble is wrong imo

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Everyone knows a Season Ticket will guarantee the chance to buy a ticket for Category A away games, semi finals and finals. It's right that Season ticket holders have priority even if they didn't attend a semi final.

To those who were at the Semi final but don't have a season ticket - buy a season ticket.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Yip as I said I understand the importance of a ST holder to the club, however a ST guarentees you a seat for 19 home games the fact it entitles you to a final ticket but not have to attend any other round in the competition is wrong imo, more ST holders is what we need no disagreements there but under what I said originally the best way to guarentee you where at cup finals is by holding a ST you just have to take up ur option of going to the semi final to get it which you will still hold priority for.

The cut to ticket numbers is because our attendance in the semi was so poor, should you have to attend a semi final to get final tickets that would stop that issue from happening again if ST holders take up semi tickets there won’t be fans there that ‘just attend one game’ everybody wins
    Some take, just because they didn't attend one game.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    I'm of the opinion that the 'ST holder' holds far more power now than any other fan, I'm fully aware of the benefits someone buying a ST offers the football club but in circumstances we find ourselves in now, where as little as half the people that have bought ST's attended the semi final I think its outrageous those same people now find themselves as priority, should the club come out and guarantee everyone who attends a semi final a final ticket should we get there, there is no way we take less than 25k.

ST holders should get the opportunity of a final ticket should they want to attend the semi, and they should get first choice of semi tickets, but if its not taken up then the people who do go deserve first chance of final tickets.

we where close to 6/1 to win last weekend, no one gave us a hope including a large number of our own fans, now those same fans can just log in to ticketmaster and get a ticket a head of someone who took the chance and they need to 'be lucky to know a ST holder' to get a spare its mental
    Deary me, some business plan that🙈 Attending one game overrides a year long financial commitment, I’d actually value the walk up punter who attends non category A game more than people who rock up at big games and trips to Hampden. I know of Hibs ‘fans’ who hardly set foot in ER but when the attraction of day out in Glasgow on an organised bus becomes available they’re right up for it. Give me the ‘supporter’ who makes it to ER when time/finances allow any day.

Starting to get the fear that all this bickering is for nothing and that none of us will get to go 🚫☢

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    Deary me, some business plan that🙈 Attending one game overrides a year long financial commitment, I’d actually value the walk up punter who attends non category A game more than people who rock up at big games and trips to Hampden. I know of Hibs ‘fans’ who hardly set foot in ER but when the attraction of day out in Glasgow on an organised bus becomes available they’re right up for it. Give me the ‘supporter’ who makes it to ER when time/finances allow any day.
    Well said. Fans who invest their time and money into games at Easter Road should have a higher priority than those who simply attend one game (a semi final).

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    If there are only a couple of thousand tickets left and there is still decent demand it just shows how not having the loyalty system is ridiculous. We can't even get tickets to those who went to the semi. Hope the new CEO looks at ticketing. They appeared to have taken the time to make the decision to load on charges for collection I just wish they could sort out a basic loyalty scheme. I genuinely think you end up with more attending games and if they could load points on for games at ER and make them twice as valuable as away games to promote supporters going to home games. LD has left the building so the subject should be revisited
    I was shouting for loyalty points after 2016 and was pissed off when they got scrapped but I think its more hassle than its worth TBH, especially as clubs are by-passing Hibs and allowing us to buy direct (which is a good thing, saves the hassle of getting to ER). The post 2016 demand has died down and granted there has been a few touch-and-go moments I've managed to get a ticket for every match, as has our whole group.

Introducing loyalty points could have the opposite effect on crowds as you end up with different people at different levels. The mum or dad is on 100 points but the kid is only on 50 points so not eligible just now type thing.

Regarding OF fans getting into the Hibs end I don't know why people get so worked up about it. Plenty Hibs fans in the Livi end in 2004. Stacks of Hibs fans in the home ends in the championship against Falkirk (play-off), Dumbarton, BSC Glasgow, infact there was a good few dozen in the home ends at Parkhead a few years ago. So long as they're not acting like dicks I can't say i'm overly arsed.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Starting to get the fear that all this bickering is for nothing and that none of us will get to go 🚫☢
    Can’t really see this happening. Unless they bring forward the “fully vaccinated” status to having had the booster which is probably too soon to implement. Maybe the checks will be more stringent or could request everyone to take and provide evidence of a negative test. Lots of us are having to do that for social gatherings and it’s no big deal to do.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    https://www.67hailhail.com/news/prov...ediate-change/

A rare bit of sympathy from a Celtic site

sadly not replicated by their legions of entitled Twitter erseholes who seem to think our turnout for a semi final forfeits any right to future tickets
    Last edited by Pagan Hibernia; 29-11-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post

Indeed

It's a good balanced piece

Neil Doncaster has achieved the impossible - he's made me agree with something that Davie Provan says!

That's how bad the ticket allocation decision is.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar

sadly not replicated by their legions of entitled Twitter erseholes who seem to think our turnout for a semi final forfeits any right to future tickets
    If the shoe was on the other foot and all semi finals and finals took place in Edinburgh and we didn't have to travel and pay for it our attendances would be much bigger for these games. These arse cheeks forget these games always get played in their back gardens.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

Pretty much repeated everything that was said on Off the Ball on Saturday.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    If the shoe was on the other foot and all semi finals and finals took place in Edinburgh and we didn't have to travel and pay for it our attendances would be much bigger for these games. These arse cheeks forget these games always get played in their back gardens.
    I really do think that Old Firm fans have blind spots and just don’t grasp the fact that these are not Old Firm home fixtures. Playing in Glasgow obviously a factor with not really understanding the concept of a neutral, or supposed neutral venue.

Unless we play Hearts, Aberdeen etc in a final I think we have sadly seen the last of 50/50 splits. Anyone who thinks that Doncaster and the SPFL have made this decision off their own back is kidding themselves. Celtic will have been pushing behind the scenes for this skewed carve up of tickets. The same will no doubt happen with the SFA and The Scottish Cup.

@hibs.net private member
    There’s no override you just have to attend the semi and nothing changes, we’re Currently being punished for the poor semi attendance and have the allocation cut by around 7k, we’ve sold 14k out of the 17.5 already to ST holders alone, with no thoughts towards the guys who made up the 8-10k vs Rangers how difficult u think it’s going to be for any non-st holders in that number to get hold of tickets to see the final, something needs changed my way might not be the answer but somethings needing tweaked to help improve semi attendances so that we can get back to 50/50 splits on our next visit and all I’ve thought of so far is the only way to guarentee your seat at a final should we get there is to be a ST holder and attend the semi final, keeps the priority for ST holders and gives more emphasis on the semi

I’m aware you won’t get turkeys voting for Xmas, it would take something to not get enough tickets so satisfy our average ST holder sales but if the trend of people not showing for semi’s continues it’s harder for people who can’t afford the initial outlay of a ST to get to the big games as the allocation shrinks, they’ll be screaming from the roof tops every time now for more of the split now it’s happened once we need to make it more difficult to do it next time

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar

Sympathy not that rare or maybe just shows how unrepresentative Twitter is. I have had conversations with a number of Celtic fan's and they all agree that a final should be a 50/ 50 split unless one of the teams is unable to sell their allocation.

Surely the SPFL should ask the clubs first about tickets. There are clubs that will not be able to sell half of the stadium but they should be offered that. If its clear that the club have exhausted their sales then the other team is offered the tickets as we have been given in the past. I do not believe that the North stand can only be 50/50 split or not at all,how can you spilt either east or west stand, only when it suits the SPFL. Doncaster has become the judge an jury on this decision. There are Hibs Hearts Aberdeen and probably the two Dundee sides that will sellout half of Hampden. By the way Mr Doncaster your heavy stewarding of the upper and leaving two rows of seats free did not work at the semi.

Overseas HibsTV subscribers like me currently play £179.99 per year, which is around half the price of an adult season ticket holder. Nevertheless, it still appears that this level of investment is of little priority to the Cub who just sent me the following reply re the Cup Final:

“The sales window at the moment is for season ticket holders only, when we get to selling tickets as a general sale then this become open to anyone on the database to purchase, this would be when Hibs TV subscribers would be eligible for purchasing.”

BTW I have no problems with giving STH first dibs, but maybe going forward post-Leanne, we can get some kind of points-based system happening again for finals.

I know of a Celtic fan that has bought tickets in section C1 which surely suggests that we won’t be getting any more tickets?

I think that all those fans that made the effort in 1991 to go to Hampden on Cup Final day, only to find out the gates had closed early because it was full, should be made the top priority for the remaining tickets.

If Hibs don't make an announcement to that effect today, then it proves once and for all that they don't care about the Fans.

Petrie!

...ehm, I mean, Dempster!

Ach sod it, what's the new guy's name again?

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curried View Post
    Overseas HibsTV subscribers like me currently play £179.99 per year, which is around half the price of an adult season ticket holder. Nevertheless, it still appears that this level of investment is of little priority to the Cub who just sent me the following reply re the Cup Final:

“The sales window at the moment is for season ticket holders only, when we get to selling tickets as a general sale then this become open to anyone on the database to purchase, this would be when Hibs TV subscribers would be eligible for purchasing.”

BTW I have no problems with giving STH first dibs, but maybe going forward post-Leanne, we can get some kind of points-based system happening again for finals.
    TBF, you guys should get next dibs on final tickets.

Like you said, it’s half the price of a ST. Maybe you only get one ticket?

J

Hibs do need to look at the ticketing and situations like this.

There are folk who spend hundreds on ST tickets / hospitality - you could even say gold should have got priority over other sections.

Then we have club shop purchases where folk spend hundreds of £.

Overseas fans who buy Hibs tv and ST (some don’t attend) but want to support the club also - surely there should be some incentives if they want to return for a bigger game.

I’m not sure the answer but Hibs need to find a way that entices people to spend more but also attend and get a fair shot when tickets are tight.

A simple keep ticket stub could have been said before the semi final and ideally Hibs you will get a reduced final attendance if you don’t sell X amount in semi final.

Agree Hibs have information on the database so could ask overseas fans with your credentials by email to reply if they would be wanting a ticket for the final, based on this tickets can be held back as they are doing for the hospitality packages. Not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    TBF, you guys should get next dibs on final tickets.

Like you said, it’s half the price of a ST. Maybe you only get one ticket?

J
    That was my initial thinking on a fairness basis. Ach well....such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    Exactly. I wonder how much the average Hibs fan would have to fork out for a semi and final compared to the average Celtic fan.
    Last edited by Since452; 29-11-2021 at 11:39 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=Lancs Harp;6763025]
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam978 View Post

Bl00dy hope so mate.

My plan B Ive written to Drey Wright to ask him if he's got any family spares. Ive told him I think he's the best player ever to pull a Hibs shirt on and how he isnt playing week in week out i'll never know, I'm your biggest and only fan Drey. Sort me out. That should work.
    The only flaw in your plan b is drey miss places a lot of passes so your tickets could end up anywhere....

So am I correct in the assumption that the following is now the proposed priority order for getting Cup Final Tickets?

1. Season Ticket holder that is also in the AST scheme
    2. Gold Area Season Ticket holder
    3. Silver Area Season Ticket Holder
    4. Bronze Area Season Ticket Holder
    5. AST scheme members that don't have a Home ST
    6. Child Season Ticket Holder (East, West or FF Upper)
    7. Went to Dingwall last week
    8. Attend ER fairly regularly as Walk-Ups
    9. Attended Semi Final v Rangers
    10. Child Season Ticket Holder (FF Lower)
    11. Used to have a Season Ticket but don't get out so much due to age/infirmity/location
    12. Have an overseas TV subscription
    13. Have bought something from the Club Shop.

Did I miss any out?

Last edited by Keith_M; 29-11-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    So am I correct in the assumption that the following is now the proposed priority order for getting Cup Final Tickets?

6. Child Season Ticket Holder (non FF Lower)
    11. Used to have a Season Ticket but don't get out so much due to age/infirmity/location

Did I miss any out?

What about if you get your face painted on a Hibs kids day?

@hibs.net private member

6. Child Season Ticket Holder (non FF Lower)

Did I miss any out?

14. Knows all the words to Sunshine on Leith

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    What about if you get your face painted on a kids kids day?
    Number 15?

14. Knows all the words to Sunshine on Leith
    Should defo be higher than 14

6. Child Season Ticket Holder (East, West or FF Upper)

Did I miss any out?

Yes. Those that didn't get a ticket in the 1st home game of the season (Ross County) ballot. Should be at the top of the list. 😜