hibs.net Messageboard

Page 28 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We get these threads regularly but when it comes to it, you rarely hear from folk missing a final because they couldn't get a ticket.
    My Dad and I never got one for the 2007 final, but we weren't ST holders at the time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    The only time I'm aware of hibs fans not being able to get into a Final was , ironically, when it was pay at the gate against Dunfermline.
    I couldn't get a ticket for Livi final had to buy a hospitality for me and my dad.
    The club are in a no win situation here due to the numbers of tickets we have been given. Doncaster in my email exchanges indicated that there is scope for extra tickets depending on how sales go. Hope he keeps to his word. We need to sell out our allocation as quickly as possible. If we do get extra these could go on General sale.

I think we have to recognise that Hibs have the data on these things as well. They will know how many season ticket holders are likely to purchase more than 1 based on past instances, and how many wont purchase any (those maybe too old, or young to attend matches at Hampden)

This isn't a random decision.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The Scottish Cup final v Celtic in 2001 went to a form of ballot if I am remembering correctly. Those who went to the Semi Final or were members of the Famous Five scheme were eligible to enter so some did miss out on that one.
    I went to the semi that year and also missed out. Not having much luck am I lol. (I think the Glasgow postcode is to blame for that one).

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    I couldn't get a ticket for Livi final had to buy a hospitality for me and my dad.
    The club are in a no win situation here due to the numbers of tickets we have been given. Doncaster in my email exchanges indicated that there is scope for extra tickets depending on how sales go. Hope he keeps to his word. We need to sell out our allocation as quickly as possible. If we do get extra these could go on General sale.
    He's lying, unless they're planning to build another tier on Hampden in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    He's lying, unless they're planning to build another tier on Hampden in the coming weeks.
    He said it in two separate emails so we have it in writing.
    So let's wait and see,tickets are to be sold in blocks which Hibs will have been told about this arrangement.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I'm sure it'll go to public sale. Some ST holders just aren't going to ER this season (covid or other reasons) so I doubt they'll bother with this. Some will think we're beaten before we start. Others might just not fancy a day out in the weedge with all these Celtic fans hanging about. Some will of course let others have their client ref but I still think there will be tickets left.

Though the likelihood is that no ST holders will miss out, some will undoubtedly miss out on the seats they want, and that's my gripe. The limited number of South Stand tickets will be taken up not just by ST holders but people who happen to be a ST holders mate, how can that in any way be considered fair? One of my group is 75 & unable to stand for 90 mins, so a seat on the aisle if possible, and in an area where there's a chance people will sit for part of game is more than desirable. Chances are we'll now get tickets behind the goals, whilst somebody's mate who just turns up for finals, and has made zero effort sits in a comfortable South Stand seat!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Though the likelihood is that no ST holders will miss out, some will undoubtedly miss out on the seats they want, and that's my gripe. The limited number of South Stand tickets will be taken up not just by ST holders but people who happen to be a ST holders mate, how can that in any way be considered fair? One of my group is 75 & unable to stand for 90 mins, so a seat on the aisle if possible, and in an area where there's a chance people will sit for part of game is more than desirable. Chances are we'll now get tickets behind the goals, whilst somebody's mate who just turns up for finals, and has made zero effort sits in a comfortable South Stand seat!
    I think that is a fair point. The semi wasn't any better with the south upper being closed for sales for some time while fans were buying tickets in the east. I imagine the best tickets for the Final will actually come on sale when debenture ticket holders give up their seats. I think Hibs have done the right thing though. We need to sell out quickly and this is probably the best way of doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    A pay-at-the-gate final? Wow.
    There have always been Hibs supporters unable to get tickets for finals. Most allocations have been sold out. Just because you got a ticket doesnt meant that everyone that wants to go got a ticket. The important thing is the ever increasing kids, especially girls, who are attending games. This is all about protecting the future hibs supporters. I would much rather an 8 year old who went to the semi, gets a a ticket for the final before someone who hasnt been near Hibs since the Scottish Cup Final. They are the future, and if anyone has watched the highlights on Premier Sports, the amount of Hibs Kids who were there was amazing. Dont let them down Hibs, let them have tickets before some goremless sod who hasnt been to a game since the Scottish Cup Final

I wonder if they’ve maybe got the spfl to backtrack slightly and we might get the North stand if we sell these quickly. Celtic haven’t announced anything about their tickets yet so it’s not impossible

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    I wonder if they’ve maybe got the spfl to backtrack slightly and we might get the North stand if we sell these quickly. Celtic haven’t announced anything about their tickets yet so it’s not impossible
    Celtic won’t be announcing anything until after tonight’s game, although there’s is different. They will sell every ticket through a ballot, their sales won’t take days/weeks like ours.

Hibs took around 40000 to that final and there were plenty of tickets left iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Doncaster in the emails indicated that it has been allocated to Celtic and that we will not get any of the North. We can only hope but would not hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    Hibs took around 40000 to that final and there were plenty of tickets left iirc.
    I had to wait till last minute to buy my tickets and I can assure you that I contacted the club and was told there were no tickets left for sale.

I had to wait till last minute to buy my tickets and I can assure you that I contacted the club and was told there were no tickets left for sale.
    Same. I ended up in the Livingston end as couldn't get Hibs tickets.

Strange one mate there was about 47000 at that game, maybe they didn't sell part of the stadium, not calling you a liar btw

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    The Scottish Cup final v Celtic in 2001 went to a form of ballot if I am remembering correctly. Those who went to the Semi Final or were members of the Famous Five scheme were eligible to enter so some did miss out on that one.
    Yip, I believe that’s how I got my ticket.

Was living in Bath but came up for the semi. I always keep my stubs. Sent them up to my cousin for a unified block of tickets for all of us at the semi.

What a time to be alive. Boiling hot day. Have very few photos of the final as no smart phones and didn’t take a camera.

There are a few photos circulating so managed to find a couple.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    There wasn’t. I had to take hospitality to get to that one.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

There wasn’t. I had to take hospitality to get to that one.
    What happened to all the remaining tickets? Official attendance was 45500.

I'm sure that when we played rangers in the final at Parkhead the club done a random voucher at a home game at Easter Rd about a month before it to ensure that regular walk ups got a ticket for the final(possibly against Dundee Utd). Always thought that was a good idea as nothing was announced before it.

*I also think this is were the club are missing a trick by not offering the club membership. Guys who can't make games for whatever reason can still pay say £50 to be a member and it gets them priority over general sales for match tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Same. I ended up in the Livingston end as couldn't get Hibs tickets.

My Dad took charge of buying tickets for us and he took so long to get round to it that the whole 38,000 allocation were sold out, and we had to sit in the Livi end as well.

I've never allowed him to be in charge of buying tickets since.

Incidentally, there were quite a number of Hibbies around us

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    What about us that were there on Sunday who don't have a season ticket or mate that is a season ticket holder?
    Thats where I am unfortunately. Flew up Sunday for the semi and flights already booked up for the 19th. Get up as often as can work and family depending.

Understand completely the club doing it the way they have. Just praying goes to general sale to get a ticket. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    My Dad took charge of buying tickets for us and he took so long to get round to it that the whole 38,000 allocation were sold out, and we had to sit in the Livi end as well.

I've never allowed him to be in charge of buying tickets since.

Incidentally, there were quite a number of Hibbies around us
    And there were a few hundred in hospitality as well. Everyone at my table were in the same boat couldn't get tickets. Hospitality for that game was £120 plus Vat so not a bad deal. Need deep pockets now for hospitality.

First Team Breakthrough Seekyit's Avatar
    Sorry I'm a bit late to the show and it's probably been discussed.

Have I got this right? There were 4 of us at the semi final, 2 ST holders and 2 non ST holders (who both have client references).

Can 1 ST holder log in tomorrow and purchase 4 tickets?

Incidentally, I'm a bit baffled at the ST + 1 myself and the thought of an ST losing out on a ticket isn't right, but is the above correct?

@hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekyit View Post

Have I got this right? There were 4 of us at the semi final, 2 ST holders and 2 non ST holders (who both have client references).

Incidentally, I'm a bit baffled at the ST + 1 myself and the thought of an ST losing out on a ticket isn't right, but is the above correct?
    Yes that is correct, you can get 4, aslong as you have both ST reference numbets on your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Seekyit View Post

Yes, if you've got 2 ST holders you'll be able to buy 4 tickets.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    There doesn’t seem to be a maximum limit like the semi final, from memory it was 20 max.

In a hypothetical world, if you have 13 valid references, can 26 tickets be purchased?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Possible but unlikely imo. Many ST holders attend games with ST holders.
    I think that's what I said, or at least meant to say.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    There doesn’t seem to be a maximum limit like the semi final, from memory it was 20 max.

In a hypothetical world, if you have 13 valid references, can 26 tickets be purchased?

Yes.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.