hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Player Ratings

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar

Player Ratings

Just too excited and happy to stop posting on here tonight

Macey - 9.5 good on crosses and extra 1/2 point for the keepy uppy off the post
    McGinn - 9 solid, hard working, calm, got his blocks in when needed
    Porteous - 8.5 sold a goal with that clearance but won his headers again and again and managed to stay on his feet.
    Hanlon - 9 First 20 seconds aside, he was amazing..must be covered in bruises from blocking shots
    Doig - 7 Not his greatest performance, but worked hard, let's hope it wasn't a serious injury
    Cadden 9.5 Great energy and so positive going forward, I love it when he plays
    Doyle-Hayes 9.5 put in a proper shift, won tackles, covered a huge amount of ground
    Campbell 8.5 Unspectacular but didn't put a foot wrong
    Newell - 10 One of his best performances for us, brilliant work rate, some real desire and some excellent passing
    Nisbet - 10 played brilliantly, great ball for the 2nd, held the ball up well, unselfish, looked class
    Boyler - 11 What can I say, Sproule-esque

Stevenson - brilliant and solid when he came on..that moment where he kept the ball in on their bye line...some desire.
    McGregor - Great to have him on the pitch at the end
    Doidge - Amazing to have him back..really helped in the last few minutes keeping hold of the ball up the top rnd of the park.

Jack Ross - 11 you proved your team can play at hampden in big matches...well done gaffer
    Last edited by worcesterhibby; 21-11-2021 at 05:19 PM. Reason: forgot to give Hanlon a score

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    All 10/10. Outstanding from everyone

10. The lot of them.

Tough on Doig? Tavernier was anonymous before he went off..

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Hanlon and Boyle get 10s from me.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

10/10 all players, fans, coaches and manager

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USAHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This 100% I was actually expecting to see Patterson at gala time.

Thought Doig was actually very good defensively and very little came down his side.

It was very telling when he went off as Stevenson struggled to begin with IMO.

He settled in well eventually though.

Other than that everyone was brilliant and whilst Boyle will get all the headlines there were so many great performances out there for me today, all of the back 3, the wing backs, two centre mids.

I can’t remember a game that I’ve seen us so organised, compact and aggressive in our pressing/play.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    I think that this is one of those games where, save for a moment of hesitation between a CB and goalie, everyone did their job.

Doig was a case in point, played off Tavernier till the ball went to him then hunted him down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by USAHibee View Post
    Doig was really good, his best game for a while.

Can’t agree with Doig assessment. Thought he had a great game. Closed tavernier down high up the park stopping them playing their normal game. Left Tavernier just floating in useless crosses from deep when he is usually one of the huns most potent weapons going forward. Got forward well and caused them problems.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Macey - 7. Think he could have done better at the goal and nearly ended up on a million YouTube highlight reels from that back pass.

Doig - 8. A tough shift but largely did very well.
    Hanlon - 10. He put in a massive ‘up yours’ to those commenting on his contract renewal posts on social media. I don’t think I’ve given out a ten on one of these threads before but there’s a trend coming…
    Porteous - 10. Unplayable.
    McGinn - 10. See Porteous.
    Newell - 10. See McGinn
    Doyle Hayes - 9
    Campbell - 9
    Cadden - 9
    Boyle - 10
    Nisbet - 9

That was one of the best performances over 90 minutes that I can remember. What a day.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

James Tavernier - 11

Historically, few have contributed so much to the Hibs cause at Hampden!

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CmoantheHibs View Post
    Can’t agree with Doig assessment. Thought he had a great game. Closed tavernier down high up the park stopping them playing their normal game. Left Tavernier just floating in useless crosses from deep when he is usually one of the huns most potent weapons going forward. Got forward well and caused them problems.
    fair play, I thought his distribution was lacking in the 2nd half a bit, but happy to bump up his score to 10 with the rest of the team

12/10 for every one of them. Epic.

Porteous was excellent, deserves a higher rating.

That goal was down to Macey for me, he should have been screaming for Porteous to leave it and you could tell Ryan was waiting and waiting for a shout that never came. As a result it was a hurried clearance.