@hibs.net private member St.Kristopher's Avatar
    Superb game. Different gravy!

First Team Breakthrough
    Anybody agree with me.
    Paul was fouled with his headed clearance that led up to their goal

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He was brilliant, an absolute colossus at the back. Maybe could/should have stayed down at their goal with the head knock to kill the game but credit to him, he got up to defend again. Brilliant performance.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Said to my wife he wasn't going to see the final whistle.

Was unreal for the following 89:30. Big man paid off his new contract in one night.

Him and Porto have taken some flack this season, but they were both absolutely outstanding today.

Looks like they’ve been working on defending crosses, and it has really paid off.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 7heaven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody agree with me.
    Paul was fouled with his headed clearance that led up to their goal
    I thought that at the game too. He was MOTM for me today. A fantastic performance

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    He was fantastic, absolutely fantastic.

It would be nice if some of the critics could just do as the OP and take some of it back. It’s not about crowing, but I just find it churlish to criticise, criticise and not be able to just say, hats off, the guy was immense today.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

It would be nice if some of the critics could just do as the OP and take some of it back. It’s not about crowing, but I just find it churlish to criticise, criticise and not be able to just say, hats off, the guy was immense today.
    Good post.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

First Team Breakthrough
    We need to keep decent players in our squad and this man is one of them, had great game even after very early yellow

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...d-club-3467235

Captain Paul Hanlon set his sights on a rare Hibernian double after Sunday's 3-1 Premier Sports Cup semi-final win over Rangers at Hampden Park.

His performance was all the more remarkable given he was on a yellow (admittedly that was his error) for the entire match and knew he was 1 bad tackle from being sent off.

It takes a very experienced and accomplished player to do that.

Was only the fact that our goals were all scored by the same player that stopped PH getting man of the match IMO. Absolutely outstanding.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

Agree phenomenal performance the motives of supposed fans who overly criticise then are not able to recognise a great performances should definitely be questioned whether fans at all or just trolling imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree phenomenal performance the motives of supposed fans who overly criticise then are not able to recognise a great performances should definitely be questioned whether fans at all or just trolling imo.
    I honestly think there is more trolling in the other direction, some folk seem desperate to noise people up who have expressed a negative opinion previously. Folk have formed an opinion of a player over nearly 500 games, they’re not going to change it on the back of Sunday although don’t think there is anyone who can possibly deny that he was outstanding in that game. Granted there may be the odd person who is just at the wind up but perceived negative opinions aren’t just people trolling, folk mainly just call what they see IMO. It’s like the whole thing about people apparently being desperate to see us lose so they can have a moan. How happy everyone is after Sunday surely shows nobody really thinks that way.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I honestly think there is more trolling in the other direction, some folk seem desperate to noise people up who have expressed a negative opinion previously. Folk have formed an opinion of a player over nearly 500 games, they’re not going to change it on the back of Sunday although don’t think there is anyone who can possibly deny that he was outstanding in that game. Granted there may be the odd person who is just at the wind up but perceived negative opinions aren’t just people trolling, folk mainly just call what they see IMO. It’s like the whole thing about people apparently being desperate to see us lose so they can have a moan. How happy everyone is after Sunday surely shows nobody really thinks that way.
    Mostly agree but there are posters who disappear when we win, so nobody could say that they’re happy about Sunday.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    One in the eye for all those with plenty negative to say about him and Lewys new deals during week...absolutely immense with some colossal challenges - wee Lewy bust a gut when he can on too - fitting those two and Daz were all on the pitch at full time- legends
    We are having another day at Hampden and it's partly because of you!

This would make sense if the serial moaners where on here after the game showing that happiness. Yet let’s see what happens if Ross County beat us. They will suddenly have an opinion on every one of the players and manager. So if the trolling is worse the other way then so it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This would make sense if the serial moaners where on here after the game showing that happiness. Yet let’s see what happens if Ross County beat us. They will suddenly have an opinion on every one of the players and manager. So if the trolling is worse the other way then so it should be.
    People don’t moan if we win but do if we lose. Imagine that eh….

There are plenty folk who talk about giving this place a miss when we lose because of the negativity and all that. Yet when we win they litter it with digs at folk who may have expressed a negative opinion. It’s exactly the same thing just pedalling the opposite opinion. Thankfully, most folk are pretty sensible and just call what they see.

There are plenty folk who talk about giving this place a miss when we lose because of the negativity and all that. Yet when we win they litter it with digs at folk who may have expressed a negative opinion. It’s exactly the same thing just pedalling the opposite opinion. Thankfully, most folk are pretty sensible and just call what they see.
    Naming individual posters is against the rules so I'll refrain from doing so, but have a read at the Hanlon and Stevenson contact threads and the gravy train one.

There were posters all over them, every day, slagging off the players and the club, but they're suddenly too busy to post after such a fantastic win and performance.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

But why don’t they celebrate? Why aren’t they joining in all the threads congratulating the players? It can’t be that hard to express admiration when the players perform like that.

But why don’t they celebrate? Why aren’t they joining in all the threads congratulating the players? It can’t be that hard to express admiration when the players perform like that.
    Flip it on its head, why do some refuse to criticise. There are a very small.number at either end of the scale who won’t back down either way. Many posters who would (I think) be considered serial moaners have expressed their happiness at the weekend.

I agree with you the serial moaners go missing when we get a good result, perhaps admin could look at this more closely? though I'm not sure how time consuming that would be.

You tend to go missing yourself when your favourite player isn't at his mercurial best so sticks and stones and all that

Hanlon had a great game, as did they all. To a man the team were magnificent, and as you keep telling us when we concede goals it's a team effort when defending so let's not go overboard on his performance.

That challenge in the opening seconds was a shocker and could so easily have had us 1 down and a man down and game over before the fans sat down. I was fearing the worst and thankfully nothing came off it, but we could so easily have seen you missing from this board for a few days.

Let's hope he keeps up that level of performance for the rest of the season and we see a lot more positive Hanlon threads ( minus that challenge )

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    I agree with you the serial moaners go missing when we get a good result, perhaps admin could look at this more closely? though I'm not sure how time consuming that would be.

You tend to go missing yourself when your favourite player isn't at his mercurial best so sticks and stones and all that

Hanlon had a great game, as did they all. To a man the team were magnificent, and as you keep telling us when we concede goals it's a team effort when defending so let's not go overboard on his performance.

That challenge in the opening seconds was a shocker and could so easily have had us 1 down and a man down and game over before the fans sat down. I was fearing the worst and thankfully nothing came off it, but we could so easily have seen you missing from this board for a few days.

Let's hope he keeps up that level of performance for the rest of the season and we see a lot more positive Hanlon threads ( minus that challenge )
    Good man. I’m sure he will have plenty games not at this level. But that’s the nature of football.

I thought Hanlon's early tackle was vital.

Had he allowed the player to get past him, as he was going to do, we could have lost the game there and then and this thread would anything but congratulatory.

Paul knew exactly what he was doing.

I’d suggest if someone has watched Hanlon for 500 games and think he’s not good enough then they need to take the blindfold off or turn around and face the park.

Left by mutual consent!
    Excellent post.

Everyone should just enjoy the win. We have a cup final to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I thought Hanlon's early tackle was vital.

Had he allowed the player to get past him, as he was going to do, we could have lost the game there and then and this thread would anything but congratulatory.

Paul knew exactly what he was doing.
    Though he got booked, it put down a marker and set the tone for the game that Hibs were not going to be push overs and were fired up for it. I recall in the final in 2016 there were a couple of thundering challenges before Stokesy scored. Put doubts in the Rangers players minds, exactly what we needed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I’d suggest if someone has watched Hanlon for 500 games and think he’s not good enough then they need to take the blindfold off or turn around and face the park.
    There's varying degrees of opinion with Hanlon though (as with every single player) that go from the extremes of thinking he's an absolutely outstanding player who should be a Scotland regular all the way through to he's absolutely pish and passed it. It's these extreme views that seem to polarise the debates.

I think the vast majority of fans see him for what he is and that's a good player who has the odd dip in form.

Quote Originally Posted by GRA View Post
    Though he got booked, it put down a marker and set the tone for the game that Hibs were not going to be push overs and were fired up for it. I recall in the final in 2016 there were a couple of thundering challenges before Stokesy scored. Put doubts in the Rangers players minds, exactly what we needed to do.
    I agree 100%, but not just outside the box thanks and not with both feet off the ground risking a sending off