@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. 👍
    Me too.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    My Motm too.

@hibs.net private member
    My MOTM too. He works so hard but we are now seeing some real quality in flashes. Best cross at ER this season imo

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    A midfield of JDH, Campbell and Allan/Murphy is probably not the long term answer but the best balance from what we have/who is available. I think playing both JDH & Newell, who both like to sit deep and do their best work closer to the Hibs goal than the opposition goal, is a correlation with Ross’ cautious nature. We played deep and compact last season, and playing both players and playing them in the way we do this season suggests to me that’s Ross’ preferred midfield style. I think it’s a style/balance that will only take us so far.
    I think that midfield 3 will be fine playing 4231 as it was with magennis at the start of the season. It lets campbell support the striker and we have 2 attacking outlets each wing. It doesn't work as well in a 352 with cadden as he essentially replaces one of the attacking players and he is no more than a hard worker with a half decent cross and no one in the middle to hit. I think doig is similarly limited.

I expect cadden to be out the team (or possibly mcginn and cadden at rb) and a return to murphy and boyle wide in a 4231 next game. I'd play doidge over nisbet too if fit enough. If we do stick with 352 then boyle should play wingback with doidge up front.

As for campbell, played well again today and you can see his confidence is growing. I agree with other posters in that once magennis is back we may see him play deeper in a more box to box role.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Has been a real find in recent games. Some real quality in his game and works so hard

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Josh doesn't look out of place in the team, and looks a decent prospect. Being a young lad he'll improve with games.

Have to say though, so far I'm not seeing the justification for the level of praise he's been getting. I could be wrong, but just saying what I see.

Looks a good player, learning all the time. Should've scored today but I'll bet he doesn't miss next time.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I think Josh has made a very good and steady start in the first team. How old is he? 20/21? I think he is progressing nicely and certainly doesnt look out of place in the first eleven and he'll only get better. Adds energy to the middle of the park which IMO is much needed.

Don't see it myself! He had a great opportunity in the 1st half, just before Nisbet scored, to send Cadden down the wing in an overlap situation hit a dreadful pass. He also needs to take care with his shooting; an inch lower and he would have scored. He was also lucky with the cross for the goal; doesn't he know that you'll never score from crossing so deep.

His body language isn't great either and I'm not convinced he really wants to be at Easter Road, despite signing the new deal.

isn't that the Hibs.net way, constantly focussing on the negatives.

Good start to his Hibs career. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’m genuinely surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for a young player making a breakthrough. He’s played a handful of games and done pretty well so far, I’m not sure that many of our best ever academy players came into the team and had an instant impact. I suppose it has a lot to do with the general malaise that so many seem to stuck in just now.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’m genuinely surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for a young player making a breakthrough. He’s played a handful of games and done pretty well so far, I’m not sure that many of our best ever academy players came into the team and had an instant impact. I suppose it has a lot to do with the general malaise that so many seem to stuck in just now.
    I think he has been excellent as Saturday showed his assist for Nissy was brilliant unlucky with the shot that hit the bar but should have scored his other chance. Really like how two footed he seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    If Scott Allan had played the ball for the Niz goal we’d have a 200 post count messiah thread. He’s a good young player with loads of potential

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    If Scott Allan had played the ball for the Niz goal we’d have a 200 post count messiah thread. He’s a good young player with loads of potential
    Absolutely
    Good thing about Josh, is he’s been on loan at 3 clubs, and has managed to get a run of games under his belt

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Absolutely
    Good thing about Josh, is he’s been on loan at 3 clubs, and has managed to get a run of games under his belt
    Agree certainly doesn't look short physically which some younger players can look

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree certainly doesn't look short physically which some younger players can look
    Could be next Scott Brown ... reminds me of hin a lot

1st goal for the Hibees

Quote Originally Posted by Shanksaidno View Post
    Could be next Scott Brown ... reminds me of hin a lot
    He would be nowhere near that team that Scott brown was at the heart off.

I suppose people are just trying to exaggerate any little positive atm giving how poor we are.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    He would be nowhere near that team that Scott brown was at the heart off.

I suppose people are just trying to exaggerate any little positive atm giving how poor we are.
    Well he was probably still in primary school then so you are probably right 😁

Glad for josh deserved a goal shame it wasn't the winner.

@hibs.net private member Silversand's Avatar
    Liking the look of Josh, great prospect, looking forward to see how he develops.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

As poor as we’ve been recently this boy has been absolutely excellent. Since he game on v Celtic he’s been overall our best player by a good bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    As poor as we’ve been recently this boy has been absolutely excellent. Since he game on v Celtic he’s been overall our best player by a good bit.
    Young, energetic and hungry, we need more like him in the team which has gone stale.

He's really improved since the semi final.

My only worry is that it's a bit Sam stantonesque, yeh, he looks good, but only cause everyone else is awful.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    He's made big strides in solving our lack of energy in the middle. If our forwards weren't firing blanks, he'd be getting a lot more positivity.

Really like the look of Josh, does a lot of running and brings a real energy level to the midfield.

Thought he was excellent in the semi-final against Rangers, and has kicked on from there.

I just hope when Magennis returns, the manager will opt to choose both of them, as a pose to just the one.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    He's really improved since the semi final.

My only worry is that it's a bit Sam stantonesque, yeh, he looks good, but only cause everyone else is awful.
    I really don’t think that’s the case. Nobody was awful yesterday (obviously most were just that midweek) and it’s a case of a youngster getting his chance and making the transition to first team regular. Wish we saw more getting the opportunity.

Agree with that. Nonsense to take him off on Wednesday imo

Campbell has been decent, "absolutely excellent" is a bridge too far for me though, missed key chances in the Motherwell and ST J games, gets himself into the right positions and high energy but needs to show more quality in the final third for a guy playing no10 role to be consider "absolutely excellent".

Thought he had a decent game, surprised he got MOTM myself. He's a young lad, he works hard on the pitch has some good moments, some bad moments - it will be interesting to see how he develops. Good to see him off the mark with his first goal for 1st team!