hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the same token there were numerous chances passed up before they came on. We don’t need to wait till the last 15 if chances in a particular game are not forthcoming . I guess time will tell.
    It’s not just about the chances, it’s about having that bit quality when we do get them. This, for me, isn’t all about getting Allan in the team because if Magennis was available I’d be looking to get him in the team. The two of them are totally different but both contribute in the final third and I just think we’ll toil more often than not without that balance that either can bring.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    What a great cross for Nisbet, it was right in front of me when he hit it. Well done young man.

United we stand here....

Brilliant ball in on his weaker foot. He missed a great chance to send one of our players clear towards the end of the half with a poor pass but he's been decent again.

He doesn't impose himself on the game. Needs to improve alot IMO.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    He doesn't impose himself on the game. Needs to improve alot IMO.
    He's 21 and been a regular for about 3 games. It'll come.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Brilliant ball in on his weaker foot. He missed a great chance to send one of our players clear towards the end of the half with a poor pass but he's been decent again.
    Sorry if that’s what standard of player we are keeping then it’s going to be a long hard season. I can’t fault his effort but he is the new Danny handling. We need better standard off player in January transfer window. Just look at the spaces in the crowd fans are giving up watching this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    He's 21 and been a regular for about 3 games. It'll come.
    Just dont see it - you've got the Danny handling/fraser Murray types and the Scott brown/Thompson/McGinn type at that age.

I would put him in with the first group.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    Sorry if that’s what standard of player we are keeping then it’s going to be a long hard season. I can’t fault his effort but he is the new Danny handling. We need better standard off player in January transfer window. Just look at the spaces in the crowd fans are giving up watching this crap.
    There are spaces in the stand because people are watching from home.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    I think the fact that we've started competing in midfield since he started playing tells us different. Good assist today, should have been two, and so unlucky to rattle the crossbar.

He's gotten better game on game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    There are spaces in the stand because people are watching from home.
    I watched it from home due to having a cold but I’m losing my patience watching this crap week after week. Fans saying we are unlucky jeez we have took 4 points from last 24 we need to wake up before it’s to late.

Just dont see it - you've got the Danny handling/fraser Murray types and the Scott brown/Thompson/McGinn type at that age.

I think you need to be a bit more patient in this situation Paco.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I watched it from home due to having a cold but I’m losing my patience watching this crap week after week. Fans saying we are unlucky jeez we have took 4 points from last 24 we need to wake up before it’s to late.
    4 points from last 9 though

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Seen an article yesterday or today from him saying he's not shy anymore on the pitch.

I thought he was one of our better players again today with a great assist which was just after he played a slack ball out left and was another threat on goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

Or 19 from 45.

On Campbell, I thought he was the best of the midfield today but that isn’t the midfield three of a good team.

Fine young player who will only get better as time goes on.

Tries hard.A lot of drive.Got an edge. The rest of the midfield is more skilful than him but play in fits and starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

oh that’s seems a good return so we’ve nothing to worry about. Jeez I must have dreamt all those empty seats at the game today.

We were unlucky. Hit the bar, 2 off the line, Nisbet missed a great chance. Any of them go in and you're probably not even on here tonight.

Before what's to late?

I thought Josh was pretty good again today. A couple of tame efforts, but he's definitely got an attacking intent his midfield partners don't quite have. Unlucky with his rocket off the bar.

Is there nothing in between? There is, there's the likes of Hanlon and Stevenson who aren't spectacular but they are capable of holding their own and play a vital role in the squad.

I thought he was very good today, the fact that JDH and Newall were hooked and Campbell wasn't suggests JR thought so aswell

oh that’s seems a good return so we’ve nothing to worry about. Jeez I must have dreamt all those empty seats at the game today.
    Did you look happy when the referees gifted Sevco six points against us?

Great ball for the assist, he was quieter than Newell and DH and seemed to see less of the ball but seemed to make better use of it when he did get it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Tries hard.A lot of drive.Got an edge. The rest of the midfield is more skilful than him but play in fits and starts.
    Agree with this. He gives us a bit of energy and runs ahead of the ball to create space while the other two just want to sit and pass the ball. I think there is room for only one of JDH and Newell in a competitive midfield android probably go JDH.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

If Scott Allan gets that assist there’s a new 5 page thread

Fantastic vision and quality to execute that especially on his weaker foot

People were quick to say all he does is work hard. Give him time to show his quality.

He’ll get more confident and comfortable in the first team with each game and then try passes like the one today and his shot which rattled the woodwork.
    Last edited by Unseen work; 04-12-2021 at 05:36 PM.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    Agree with this. He gives us a bit of energy and runs ahead of the ball to create space while the other two just want to sit and pass the ball. I think there is room for only one of JDH and Newell in a competitive midfield android probably go JDH.

A midfield of JDH, Campbell and Allan/Murphy is probably not the long term answer but the best balance from what we have/who is available. I think playing both JDH & Newell, who both like to sit deep and do their best work closer to the Hibs goal than the opposition goal, is a correlation with Ross’ cautious nature. We played deep and compact last season, and playing both players and playing them in the way we do this season suggests to me that’s Ross’ preferred midfield style. I think it’s a style/balance that will only take us so far.

If he had scored today he would probably have got MOTM as his assist was also a great pass.

Small margins as a goal or 2 and 3 points and this place is much happier but instead we have some folk comparing him to other young players who didn’t do enough at the club to stay on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    A midfield of JDH, Campbell and Allan/Murphy is probably not the long term answer but the best balance from what we have/who is available. I think playing both JDH & Newell, who both like to sit deep and do their best work closer to the Hibs goal than the opposition goal, is a correlation with Ross’ cautious nature. We played deep and compact last season, and playing both players and playing them in the way we do this season suggests to me that’s Ross’ preferred midfield style. I think it’s a style/balance that will only take us so far.
    Can't argue with any of that.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought he was very good today - works really hard. He must put more miles in than the others easily. As someone else said Newell and JDH being subbed before him probably shows the manager agrees.

Great ball for the 1st, just about took the goals out of their foundations. Should’ve scored with the other chance though.

Had him as my MOTM today, looks like I'm one of the very few 😂