2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. 👍
    Me too.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    My Motm too.

@hibs.net private member
    My MOTM too. He works so hard but we are now seeing some real quality in flashes. Best cross at ER this season imo

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    A midfield of JDH, Campbell and Allan/Murphy is probably not the long term answer but the best balance from what we have/who is available. I think playing both JDH & Newell, who both like to sit deep and do their best work closer to the Hibs goal than the opposition goal, is a correlation with Rossí cautious nature. We played deep and compact last season, and playing both players and playing them in the way we do this season suggests to me thatís Rossí preferred midfield style. I think itís a style/balance that will only take us so far.
    I think that midfield 3 will be fine playing 4231 as it was with magennis at the start of the season. It lets campbell support the striker and we have 2 attacking outlets each wing. It doesn't work as well in a 352 with cadden as he essentially replaces one of the attacking players and he is no more than a hard worker with a half decent cross and no one in the middle to hit. I think doig is similarly limited.

I expect cadden to be out the team (or possibly mcginn and cadden at rb) and a return to murphy and boyle wide in a 4231 next game. I'd play doidge over nisbet too if fit enough. If we do stick with 352 then boyle should play wingback with doidge up front.

As for campbell, played well again today and you can see his confidence is growing. I agree with other posters in that once magennis is back we may see him play deeper in a more box to box role.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Has been a real find in recent games. Some real quality in his game and works so hard

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Josh doesn't look out of place in the team, and looks a decent prospect. Being a young lad he'll improve with games.

Have to say though, so far I'm not seeing the justification for the level of praise he's been getting. I could be wrong, but just saying what I see.

Looks a good player, learning all the time. Should've scored today but I'll bet he doesn't miss next time.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I think Josh has made a very good and steady start in the first team. How old is he? 20/21? I think he is progressing nicely and certainly doesnt look out of place in the first eleven and he'll only get better. Adds energy to the middle of the park which IMO is much needed.

Don't see it myself! He had a great opportunity in the 1st half, just before Nisbet scored, to send Cadden down the wing in an overlap situation hit a dreadful pass. He also needs to take care with his shooting; an inch lower and he would have scored. He was also lucky with the cross for the goal; doesn't he know that you'll never score from crossing so deep.

His body language isn't great either and I'm not convinced he really wants to be at Easter Road, despite signing the new deal.

isn't that the Hibs.net way, constantly focussing on the negatives.

Good start to his Hibs career. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Iím genuinely surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for a young player making a breakthrough. Heís played a handful of games and done pretty well so far, Iím not sure that many of our best ever academy players came into the team and had an instant impact. I suppose it has a lot to do with the general malaise that so many seem to stuck in just now.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Iím genuinely surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for a young player making a breakthrough. Heís played a handful of games and done pretty well so far, Iím not sure that many of our best ever academy players came into the team and had an instant impact. I suppose it has a lot to do with the general malaise that so many seem to stuck in just now.
    I think he has been excellent as Saturday showed his assist for Nissy was brilliant unlucky with the shot that hit the bar but should have scored his other chance. Really like how two footed he seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    If Scott Allan had played the ball for the Niz goal weíd have a 200 post count messiah thread. Heís a good young player with loads of potential

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    If Scott Allan had played the ball for the Niz goal weíd have a 200 post count messiah thread. Heís a good young player with loads of potential
    Absolutely
    Good thing about Josh, is heís been on loan at 3 clubs, and has managed to get a run of games under his belt

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Absolutely
    Good thing about Josh, is heís been on loan at 3 clubs, and has managed to get a run of games under his belt
    Agree certainly doesn't look short physically which some younger players can look

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree certainly doesn't look short physically which some younger players can look
    Could be next Scott Brown ... reminds me of hin a lot