hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Thomson.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah not for me. He's played a huge part in Hibs winning the Scottish Cup - that won't be forgotten.

All this stuff about "ban him from Easter Road", get a grip guys! Leave that nonsense to the zombies.
    He happened to be in the right place to win a header.

Other than that, he wasn’t even good enough for our bench but had an ego the size of Jupiter. He got a game because others were injured. A last resort.

The lack of 2016 winners medal for him is a ****ing delight.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    McInnes came across like the guy in the middle of both sides. Even his placement suggested that. Must admit McInnes speaks quite well as a pundit. Over the piece he seems to be as close to fair as you can be.
    He really did.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Hibs were lucky to get a penalty as they knocked Rangers out of the Premier Sports Cup this afternoon, according to Kevin Thomson.

The third goal of a 3-1 victory was from the spot, as Martin Boyle went down under Steven Davis' challenge, before picking himself up and blasting in for his hat-trick.

There did appear to be contact between the pair but the ex-midfielder, who played for both clubs, wasn't convinced it was enough for a spot kick.

Thomson told Premier Sports post match: "He's bumped into Steve Davis rather than the other way around, but Steve Davis' momentum going one way, Boyler's going the other, you can see he's just waiting for contact and then goes down.
    The fact that Davis never complained to Clancy or in fact none of there players went to him is all you need to know if it was a penalty or not .
    Broken glass Kev means nothing to me not worth banning best ignored .
    We were in the Beechwood after the game , no sound on the TV’s but you could see his bottom lip going and Big Marv with a huge big grin

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    The fact that Davis never complained to Clancy or in fact none of there players went to him is all you need to know if it was a penalty or not .
    Broken glass Kev means nothing to me not worth banning best ignored .
    We were in the Beechwood after the game , no sound on the TV’s but you could see his bottom lip going and Big Marv with a huge big grin
    As you say the simple fact not one of their players questioned the decision is all there is to know.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Finding all this negativity towards Kevin Thomson really boring.

He's a football man, who is/was employed by The Rangers Media. Off course, he's going to talk up them and in true The Rangers tradition fail to talk up the opposition, especially if they play in green. I've no doubt that when he doesn't need the money, he'll regularly attend Easter Road, which is where his heart lies.
    Birthday caird pish mate. If it were you: A Hibee employed by that mob, would you seriously act how he does? Or at least try and keep some amount of dignity, I know where I’d be. Thomson’s had enough chances as far as I’m concerned and has been found to be a right Hun roaster. We can move on from there at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Birthday caird pish mate. If it were you: A Hibee employed by that mob, would you seriously act how he does? Or at least try and keep some amount of dignity, I know where I’d be. Thomson’s had enough chances as far as I’m concerned and has been found to be a right Hun roaster. We can move on from there at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He used to sit behind us at Easter Rd until he started coaching with them.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A professional football player can have affection for more than one club depending where his career takes him. Pretty sure Marv didn’t grow up supporting Hibs but Thomson did.

Think we need to be a bit more grown up about it. They’re just pundits.

Was reading somehwere that Whittaker was in the rangers hospitality yesterday having a chat with the Huns.

Anyway **** Thomson and we should let him know that next time he's at Easter Road.

Blog Entries
    Nah not for me. He's played a huge part in Hibs winning the Scottish Cup - that won't be forgotten.

All this stuff about "ban him from Easter Road", get a grip guys! Leave that nonsense to the zombies.

I agree but as I posted earlier he was embarrassing yesterday. His comments on the penalty were total nonsense with only one audience in mind.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Finding all this negativity towards Kevin Thomson really boring.

He's a football man, who is/was employed by The Rangers Media. Off course, he's going to talk up them and in true The Rangers tradition fail to talk up the opposition, especially if they play in green. I've no doubt that when he doesn't need the money, he'll regularly attend Easter Road, which is where his heart lies.
    Nah. KT’s soor pus was not for the benefit of his employers. In my opinion, he was seriously annoyed and disappointed at the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    A professional football player can have affection for more than one club depending where his career takes him. Pretty sure Marv didn’t grow up supporting Hibs but Thomson did.

Think we need to be a bit more grown up about it. They’re just pundits.
    I have been a huge defender of KT on here. I know he often courts the rangers fans with his love ins and suck ups online and in the media but I guess he did play for them. He has been given a very rough ride by some Hibs fans at times and that was unfair. In actual fact I felt he was a future manager here. Yesterday was terrible though. Even I was shocked. No thoughts about a hibs win, no happiness. No positivity. Nothing.
    Only a sour face and anger at the rangers performance. No way he cares about our club anymore. I thought it was quite sad actually.
    Last edited by keep the faith; 22-11-2021 at 07:05 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Hibs were lucky to get a penalty as they knocked Rangers out of the Premier Sports Cup this afternoon, according to Kevin Thomson.

so an elbow on the neck is not a penalty, as i said yesterday he can be a hun all he likes but at least give balance and don't talk utter tripe just to appeal to the orcs fgs

I'll tell you Kevin Thomson supports. Kevin Thomson supports....Kevin Thomson.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar

He also never said Hibs were lucky to win. He didn't think it was a penalty, said it was clever by Boyler. I thought it was a penalty but I don't hate the guy for that.

Why can't we just enjoy the victory?

If you want to hear a real prick speak check out Richard Gough on the Sportsound podcast tonight "we are the club of no surrender". Not sure I've ever heard anyone try to endear themselves to the army of Orcs that follow der Hun as much as he did tonight. John Collins was terrible too, according to him "Rangers dominated". He sounds right up his own arse at times. Daryl Broadfoot ripped him to bits.

I lost all respect for the guy when he crawled over broken glass to go join them, but I agree with you in that he shouldn't be banned from ER.
    Let him come as often as he wants if he can handle the abuse he'll get now.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Thought he toned it down a bit last night

Reduced to saying things like “My hibs pals tell me … blah blah blah .

Still a hun though

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Aye I expected him to be brutal but he was pretty level headed about it

I still find it amazing that an SPFL manager is allowed to moonlight as a Hun Commentator and say "We" and "Us" etc.

KT was fine last night, unlike the hun commentator who took being a welt to a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    KT was fine last night, unlike the hun commentator who took being a welt to a whole new level.
    Hun commentator is in for a huge shock when Celtic win the league

I thought he was abysmal

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Had to turn volume off couldn't take listening to that

Both KT's sons have signed for the Hibs youngsters, so I think he's going to continue to be a well kent face about ER and East Mains while being a confessed Rangers supporter. Its just a bit odd.

Testimonial Due
    Someone has definitely had a word with him about how he comes across or pointed out the comments on here. That wee weirdo commentator was desperate to get him to go full hun but he resisted every time.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    The script kind of went:

Hibs player tackles a Rangers player:

Main commentator (Tom Miller I think): absolutely disgraceful, why is the referee not taking action? Absolutely dreadful, disgusting, appalling, Ryan Porteous is an angry young man who eats live animals, etc.
    KT: Yes, I agree, Tom, that looks pretty bad

Replay happens

TM: repeat of what he just said
    KT: actually, he got the ball, the ref got that right / nothing much in that, on reflection, etc.

KT toned it down a bit from previously. I'd still say he's definitely a bigger Rangers fan than Hibs fan (I really doubt he is still a Hibs fan). He obviously doesn't keep up with much Hibs related stuff either as he was shocked that McGregor didn't start. Why would he? He's been nowhere near the team for ages!

I watched the game with a Rangers fan and they even commented at the some of the nonsense Tom Miller was spewing.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Thought he toned it down a bit last night

Reduced to saying things like “My hibs pals tell me … blah blah blah .

Still a hun though
    Sadly I had to endure the second half on Hun TV and he absolutely did tone it down compared with the last time. I had to wait for a bit to decide if it was him or no. Not the usual gushing love in! Agreed, still a massive throbber though!

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    The script kind of went:

Hibs player tackles a Rangers player:

Main commentator (Tom Miller I think): absolutely disgraceful, why is the referee not taking action? Absolutely dreadful, disgusting, appalling, Ryan Porteous is an angry young man who eats live animals, etc.
    KT: Yes, I agree, Tom, that looks pretty bad

Replay happens

TM: repeat of what he just said
    KT: actually, he got the ball, the ref got that right / nothing much in that, on reflection, etc.

KT toned it down a bit from previously. I'd still say he's definitely a bigger Rangers fan than Hibs fan (I really doubt he is still a Hibs fan). He obviously doesn't keep up with much Hibs related stuff either as he was shocked that McGregor didn't start. Why would he? He's been nowhere near the team for ages!

I watched the game with a Rangers fan and they even commented at the some of the nonsense Tom Miller was spewing.
    Tom miller is a died in the wool hun and spouts pish which he took to a new level last night.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Had to turn volume off couldn't take listening to that
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    Tom miller is a died in the wool hun and spouts pish which he took to a new level last night.
    I thought it was quite amusing.

Kind of **** you'd laugh at rather than laugh with.

20 minutes in "Rangers have breathtaking tonight"

I thought it was quite amusing.

Kind of **** you'd laugh at rather than laugh with.

20 minutes in "Rangers have breathtaking tonight"
    I'm the same and was actually laughing when he said something along the lines of the rangers supporters are all standing up applauding and cheering this fantastic rangers performance!!! Then Thomson had to tell him the crowd where actually celebrating the Aberdeen equaliser against celtic

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Langlee Hibs View Post
    Sadly I had to endure the second half on Hun TV and he absolutely did tone it down compared with the last time. I had to wait for a bit to decide if it was him or no. Not the usual gushing love in! Agreed, still a massive throbber though!
    I had to post on the match thread asking who the co-commentator was as he appeared to be too impartial to be KT but still with the bias you expect from Hun TV

@hibs.net private member
    Had to listen to Huns tv for 2nd half Thomson wasn’t to bad .
    Tom Miller is an erse . if you need to cheer yourself up listen to Rangers TV 2016 cup final clip on YouTube you can hear the hurt