hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: The Fans

Testimonial Due

The Fans

One of the most enjoyable, best supports in years.

Brillaint every one of you who were there. Felt the support from the start behind the team

“One Steven Gerrard” “walking away is the rangers way” were particularly funny

2. Log in to remove the advert

Totally agree. Got right behind the team and very vocal

Just for today and maybe the next week, we’ve got the whole of Scottish football behind us after that performance. A lot of that of course will do with what took place on the park but what took place off it is just as worthy of recognition and note. 9,10,11K has been quoted, for those of us there it felt like 50, 000. As loud as I can remember such a massively out numbered support as we were today, from start to finish the team was backed at every kick. I genuinely don’t believe that result happens without the support today. Some patter to remember for years to come, One Steven Gerrard especially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new singing section down the front of the East Stand were class. As was everyone else.

Probably posted elsewhere but what was the total number we had there yesterday? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably posted elsewhere but what was the total number we had there yesterday? Anyone know?

The radio mentioned 10k

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    One of the most enjoyable, best supports in years.

Brillaint every one of you who were there. Felt the support from the start behind the team

“One Steven Gerrard” “walking away is the rangers way” were particularly funny

Totally agree.

My Missus even joined in some of the songs, even though she wasn't sure what the words were. She especially enjoyed the 'ooh' chant

If ah wisnae stuck in Holland ah wid huv bin there, outstanding support. Goin tae miss the final tae

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    The radio mentioned 10k
    Some nonsense that others on Twitter are pointing to 5/6k as reasoning for our final allocation. Might not be the biggest support in the world, but the TV pictures of our section look pretty good to be fair. Easily 9/10k, was hardly this vast space of empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    Some nonsense that others on Twitter are pointing to 5/6k as reasoning for our final allocation. Might not be the biggest support in the world, but the TV pictures of our section look pretty good to be fair. Easily 9/10k, was hardly this vast space of empty seats.
    It was 9,500 according to Doncaster at the SPFL who commented that all Hibs fans at the semi final would get a ticket plus Hibs would get an extra 8,000 tickets for distribution.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    It was 9,500 according to Doncaster at the SPFL who commented that all Hibs fans at the semi final would get a ticket plus Hibs would get an extra 8,000 tickets for distribution.
    I wouldn’t believe that prick if he told me today was Tuesday.

Yeah one of the best supports I can remember. Absolutely jumping

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Doesn’t really work like that as there was non season ticket holders there who deserve a cup final ticket but there is no way to guarantee them one so he’s talking out his arse saying everyone who was at the semi will get one
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Doesn’t really work like that as there was non season ticket holders there who deserve a cup final ticket but there is no way to guarantee them one so he’s talking out his arse saying everyone who was at the semi will get one
    This

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    That's fans of the charity club for you, always fudging the numbers.

One thing I noticed on Sunday was I saw quite a few groups of young, fresh-faced individuals. It made me think that there's probably a group of 17/18/19 year olds that previously went to big games with their parents and grandparents pre-Covid that are now able to attend big games by themselves.