hibs.net Messageboard

Page 82 of 309 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 9265
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reporter on twitter saying Harry Clarke 18month loan be done today, also states it has a break clause inserted for both clubs for the summer window and next January.

Must have a longer deal at arsenal than has been reported
    If he plays week in week out and does well he will be away to another team in the summer potentially
    But at present with Porto and McGinn about to serve suspensions needs must

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    If he plays week in week out and does well he will be away to another team in the summer potentially
    But at present with Porto and McGinn about to serve suspensions needs must

Yup. A short-term solution to our chronic defence problem isn't ideal but it'll do for now.

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    This boy doesn't lack confidence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJsr4ATuZm8
    My word, I love him already.

He wants to score, win trophies, run a lot to help the team.

I can't wait to see him. He's got that swagger.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Yup. A short-term solution to our chronic defence problem isn't ideal but it'll do for now.
    There is nothing chronic about our defence. Just to add some context. We have the 4th best defence in the league this season. We have the 7th best attack in the league. Myabe just maybe our issues are at the other end of the pitch.
    Last edited by Brightside; 06-01-2022 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    We don't have a chronic defensive problem, we have a short term problem due to suspensions. We also need some cover for central defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Bit of a nothing article but Boyle continues to be linked to Celtc/clubs in the Middle East.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...nger-9hlnjvlq2
    Well we are playing them again soon 🤷🏻*♂️

Not a rumour but wonder if we'll be looking at McCarthy from St Mirren. Were we not linked with him in Summer briefly with Ross?

Think he's injured currently, but a young centre back who sounds like he's quite decent. Contract is up at the end of the season.

Just had a quick check, St Mirren lost 3 from 12 of the league games with McCarthy playing this season. And have gone on to lose 3 of 6 since his injury, not winning in the other 3 games too.

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Not a rumour but wonder if we'll be looking at McCarthy from St Mirren. Were we not linked with him in Summer briefly with Ross?

Think he's injured currently, but a young centre back who sounds like he's quite decent. Contract is up at the end of the season.

Just had a quick check, St Mirren lost 3 from 12 of the league games with McCarthy playing this season. And have gone on to lose 3 of 6 since his injury, not winning in the other 3 games too.
    Sounds like the type of player we could do with and for those saying we don’t have defensive frailties, sorry just don’t see that at all, we have been soft touches at the back for years and it needs sorting out.

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Sounds like the type of player we could do with and for those saying we don’t have defensive frailties, sorry just don’t see that at all, we have been soft touches at the back for years and it needs sorting out.
    We had a brilliant defensive record last season, so no, not years.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    There is nothing chronic about our defence. Just to add some context. We have the 4th best defence in the league this season. We have the 7th best attack in the league. Myabe just maybe our issues are at the other end of the pitch.
    Spot on. Particularly when one of the defensive records better than ours is entirely due to fantastic goalkeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    We don't have a chronic defensive problem, we have a short term problem due to suspensions. We also need some cover for central defence.
    We’ve had 2 cbs all season plus Mcginn who can play there in a 3. We need 2 in if we’re playing 3 at the back. So we do have a problem as we have nobody beyond our first picks.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Bit of a nothing article but Boyle continues to be linked to Celtc/clubs in the Middle East.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...nger-9hlnjvlq2
    Would be amazed if there is no truth in it. At 3 million pounds what a player you are getting . Top of his game

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    We’ve had 2 cbs all season plus Mcginn who can play there in a 3. We need 2 in if we’re playing 3 at the back. So we do have a problem as we have nobody beyond our first picks.
    Thats not a chronic issue though. Yes its needs improvement. Every part of the team needs improvement. But the majority blame the defence when statistically its our attack that has let us down this season. Its worth watching the Longbangers recent podcast where they have scored the team mid season. Attacking players are scored higher. Thats a built in bias towards what people see as the exciting part of the team. But statistically our attacking players havent delivered this season (yet!).

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    No one is saying we dont have defensive issues.

@hibs.net private member
    the 4th best defence stat is interesting - I suppose it feels worse based on comparing vs last season.

Agreed on the problems at the other end - even last season we relied on the front 3 but this season only 1 has been contributing. Noone else in the team chips in.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    the 4th best defence stat is interesting - I suppose it feels worse based on comparing vs last season.

Agreed on the problems at the other end - even last season we relied on the front 3 but this season only 1 has been contributing. Noone else in the team chips in.
    Yep - we've had an overall team issue this season. Games we ended up drawing or losing we would have won last season. A few tweaks and everything improves.

Winter 2021-22 transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Would be amazed if there is no truth in it. At 3 million pounds what a player you are getting . Top of his game

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Every time this happens Boyle gets a new improved contract and he has signed it
    Nisbet had one improved offer and never signed it
    Tells you Boyle is committed to Hibs ,but if offer s keep coming ,he is bound to be tempted one of these days

Maybe chronic was a poor choice of words. They aren't by any means poorly performing, but half of them are ageing and we have little to no backup.

@hibs.net private member
    Yep - we've had an overall team issue this season. Games we ended up drawing or losing we would have won last season. A few tweaks and everything improves.
    Fine margins eh?

@hibs.net private member
    No one is saying we dont have defensive issues.
    I believe we do but it’s not the back line in my opinion. We have a very capable back three but they need support that they rarely get from the middle and front lines. We are exposed wide every game when the McGinn or Doig/Stevenson are left to juggle two or three attackers whilst our midfielders and especially our wide attackers admire from a distance. This also leads to Hanlon
    and Porto being pulled out of position.
    We already see signs of this improving under Shaun Maloney but it has to be sustained if our defenders are to have a fighting chance. Far too often they have been made to look bad. Time to step up Murphy/Boyle/Newell/Doyle-Hayes etc.

I wonder what size of squad we will want to carry into the 2nd half of the season ?

Transfermrkt has us with 29 players currently with the talk of Henderson and Clarke to come in taking us up to 31.

Obviously there will be some leaving bit even with Henderson and Clark in the building I'd probably still like to see at least 1 more CB

All parts of the team have underperformed at times this season. The only truly consistent performer we've had is Boyle. Pretty much very other player, with the odd exception, has had dips in form and let the side down at times.

That has to change and change quickly if we are to finish 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    I wonder what size of squad we will want to carry into the 2nd half of the season ?

Transfermrkt has us with 29 players currently with the talk of Henderson and Clarke to come in taking us up to 31.

Obviously there will be some leaving bit even with Henderson and Clark in the building I'd probably still like to see at least 1 more CB
    Long term injuries to Mackie, Magennis, Hallberg and Doidge only recently returned, add in Gullan never used, Wright 1st game in months, Gogic another never used. That's 7 players not contributing at all for months

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    All parts of the team have underperformed at times this season. The only truly consistent performer we've had is Boyle. Pretty much very other player, with the odd exception, has had dips in form and let the side down at times.

That has to change and change quickly if we are to finish 3rd.
    Even Boyle has had plenty games where he hasnt delivered. But thats expected at our level.

Just shows how crucial Doidge and a Magennis-type player were to the old system.

With Nisbet fairly isolated and playing a combo of JDH/Newell/Gogic, it was very stagnant.

Already we've seen improvement, so I fully expect that stat to change dramatically.

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    sky sports reporting the Henderson move is a loan....thought we were signing him on a permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by RoslinInstHibby View Post
    sky sports reporting the Henderson move is a loan....thought we were signing him on a permanent?
    Think it's loan-to-buy ala Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post

Yeah, but if one of our players gets a runny nose, players within five miles of him will have to self-isolate for ten years. So we probably need a big squad.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoslinInstHibby View Post
    I hope he'll not be used as some sort of bargaining chip if they go after Boyle.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    I believe we do but it’s not the back line in my opinion. We have a very capable back three but they need support that they rarely get from the middle and front lines. We are exposed wide every game when the McGinn or Doig/Stevenson are left to juggle two or three attackers whilst our midfielders and especially our wide attackers admire from a distance. This also leads to Hanlon
    and Porto being pulled out of position.
    We already see signs of this improving under Shaun Maloney but it has to be sustained if our defenders are to have a fighting chance. Far too often they have been made to look bad. Time to step up Murphy/Boyle/Newell/Doyle-Hayes etc.
    I do think this will change under Maloney due to 2 main factors. Firstly he wants to dominate possession more and secondly he wants us to press the opposition properly.

Bizarrely Jack Ross was not really interested in either of those things. He was happy to surrender possession to the opposition and ask them to break us down. It worked last season but this year we just gave teams far too many chances to cross the ball or get into our final third without any real pressure. That will change.

We have Stevenson who can cover the left of a back 3 and now Clarke to cover McGinn. If we didn't get any further defensive reinforcements, I think we're fairly well equipped now.