hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 309 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=J-C;6755789]Covid is bad in mainland Europe due to many not getting vaccinated, the uptake abroad is poor compared to Britain

Except the vaccinated are just as likely to come down with the virus as the unvaccinated. And just as likely to transmit the lurgy.

Another thing you can do is use the internet to check reputable sources before you talk nonsense.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...uce-risks.html
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...648-4/fulltext

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stubru59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Covid is bad in mainland Europe due to many not getting vaccinated, the uptake abroad is poor compared to Britain

Except the vaccinated are just as likely to come down with the virus as the unvaccinated. And just as likely to transmit the lurgy.
    As we all know this is complete nonsense but I'm just doing my duty to sort the quotes out so J-C isn't attributed to them ;)

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    stubru59[/B];6756096]

Congratulation stubru59 you have won the hibs.net ill informed dumperheid of the day award
    Do yourself a favour and research your statement on a credible resource as it is wrong.
    If you were on the TV programme Qi a big claxon would have gone off when you pushed transmit.
    Careless talk costs lives.

and you managed to mess up the quotes on your post. Sit down and stop touching things.

Last edited by CMurdoch; 23-11-2021 at 03:35 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    I think it is fair to say that there is not 100% parity between unvaccinated and vaccinated individuals when it comes to risk of dying, infection and spreading, but it would also be foolish to dismiss the fact that vaccinated people can and still do die and infect. The stats are in the links below.

UK Govt stats
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...llance-reports

Latest: https://assets.publishing.service.go...rt-week-46.pdf

I personally think there is too much black and white polarisation fuelled into this debate - it isn't simply about vaccinated versus unvaccinated, it should also included those with pre-infection natural antigens (which some studies demonstrate to be better and longer lasting than vaccination). Also testing for infection rather than testing that you've had been vaccinated should be the precursor for social restrictions.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Can we take this misinformation off the transfer thread please?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Wait, it's not meant to be about the transfer of Covid between people this winter?!

A serious attempt to stop misinformation on .net would end up with the site closing down

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Chris Mueller plays tonight in the last 16 of the MLS play-offs, a defeat would mean an end to his time with Orlando. If that occurs, hopefully he can come over and join us so he’s ready to hit the ground running once he is registered to play on January 1st.
    Can that happen? Like, work permit wise. Also, his contract with his club wouldn't be up and his one here wouldn't be started. Its a weird situation. I'd say its unlikely but I'm certainly no expert on this type of thing.

@hibs.net private member
    I think any information halps making THEIR OWN judgement. But I agree it shouldn't be in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Be careful with generalisations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Yip. It's wrong to make generalisations about "abroad". There are European nations who have vaccinated more than us.
    [QUOTE=flash;6756110]
    Quote Originally Posted by stubru59 View Post
    Except they aren't.
    Only going by what was said on the breakfast news this morning, reporter from Belgium was saying that many in the country have not been getting the vaccine and this is also the case in a good few other countries, the uptake in the vaccine compared to the UK is a lot less, hence why the cases are rising fairly rapidly in Europe.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Can that happen? Like, work permit wise. Also, his contract with his club wouldn't be up and his one here wouldn't be started. Its a weird situation. I'd say its unlikely but I'm certainly no expert on this type of thing.
    He’d probably need permission from Orlando but considering he’ll never play for them again, I don’t imagine it would be an issue. In regards to work permits, he’d have no issues getting a temporary work visa until he signs officially.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=J-C;6756254]
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post

Only going by what was said on the breakfast news this morning, reporter from Belgium was saying that many in the country have not been getting the vaccine and this is also the case in a good few other countries, the uptake in the vaccine compared to the UK is a lot less, hence why the cases are rising fairly rapidly in Europe.
    The UK, with an average of 40k new infections a day for 10 weeks now continues to have one of the highest infection rates in the world. We have roughly double the total number of infections in Germany, Spain, Italy and France, our most comparable neighbours. 3 of these 4 countries have a higher vaccination rate than the UK. There is undoubtedly a 'surge' in certain, smaller European countries but we've been experiencing that 'surge' for over 2 months. I think we're getting ready to play the blame game when it goes t#ts up again here. We've seen that scenario before!

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Get this Covid stuff off this thread and keep it off please, this type of thread usually goes wildly off tangent enough without introducing a completely unrelated topic.

With the greatest respect to all who have posted on the topic if I want any further information on Covid, Hibs Net would not be in my top 100 choices of where to get it, and yes I get the irony of that statement after plaguing the Broadband threat on the PM board for info.

Something I really enjoy is reading about players we may or may not be signing, even if some of the contributions prove hopelessly wrong, I really don't want to have to read page after page of unrelated stuff in an attempt to do so.

Thanks

Stephen O'DONNELL still on radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Surprised at that tbh

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Get this Covid stuff off this thread and keep it off please, this type of thread usually goes wildly off tangent enough without introducing a completely unrelated topic.

With the greatest respect to all who have posted on the topic if I want any further information on Covid, Hibs Net would not be in my top 100 choices of where to get it, and yes I get the irony of that statement after plaguing the Broadband threat on the PM board for info.

Something I really enjoy is reading about players we may or may not be signing, even if some of the contributions prove hopelessly wrong, I really don't want to have to read page after page of unrelated stuff in an attempt to do so.

Thanks
    I agree and apologies, i didn't realise what thread it was.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    With the Drey Wright thing I think it would really benefit both him and the club if we parted company. He is low on confidence and as soon as he makes a mistake he gets pelters, it's a vicious circle that doesn't look like being broken. The ony way he will succeed at Hibs now is if he comes on against Hearts with 5 mins to go and hits a "Wordly" volley in the top corner to win us the match. That might just buy him enough good will and boost his confidence enough to find out if there is really a player in there. otherwise he would be better of heading to a new club and starting afresh I think.
    A bit Roy of the Rovers that, but I do get your point. it is likely we will need to use him in this run of games coming at some point. i have my fingers crossed for him if he does get another chance and hope he can turn it around for himself and us i'm sure he as got more to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Where did you see/hear that?

Be stunned if that was true considering we have McGinn and Cadden. O’Donnell is 29 and McGinn 31 with the latter being much more mobile for his age.

The time, if any, to get him was when he left Killie.

Any chance we would be looking at free agents with the 9 games in December coming up? No insider info just wondering

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDT View Post
    Any chance we would be looking at free agents with the 9 games in December coming up? No insider info just wondering
    They wouldn’t be match fit - so unlikely I’d say

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Be careful with generalisations.
    I love this. Categorically refutes the misinformation yet he still comes back with more utter rubbish. Got to love the lengths people in denial will go to make up false information

St Johnstone have signed Viv Solomon-Otabor who was formerly of Wigan on a short term deal till January.

Going by Twitter Wigan fans really rate him

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    St Johnstone have signed Viv Solomon-Otabor who was formerly of Wigan on a short term deal till January.

Going by Twitter Wigan fans really rate him
    They also really rated Tom James

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    They also really rated Tom James
    That's not unusual

Dan Crowley should be on our list if we don’t get McGrath.

Only 24, tons of ability and very creative as a number 10/attacking
    Mid.

Out of contact in January, currently at Cheltenham after signing a 3 month deal - far too good for them.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Nathan Wood confirmed as away back to Boro early. Some signing that.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Nathan Wood returns to Middlesbrough

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...-middlesbrough

Mid.

Out of contact in January, currently at Cheltenham after signing a 3 month deal - far too good for them.
    I think Jeando Fuchs at Dundee Utd he is out of contract at the end of the season would also be a good alternative to McGrath. But i would be surprised if we could either.

Just a curiosity if he is on a three moth contact is he available to talk to clubs at anytime

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Nathan Wood returns to Middlesbrough

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...-middlesbrough
    Sums up Hibs transfer expertise in a nut shell. Embarrassing.

Mid.

Based on his previous that is a decent and interesting call.
    Has played overseas in the past so a move to Scotland wouldn't bother him.
    However, he is prone to falling out with managers with a couple of previous loan spells ending early.
    He is a talented No.10 in the hole behind the strikers so probably an Allan replacement and importantly Ross would almost have to build the team around him to accommodate his lack of defensive inclination. He is an exciting player with great close skills and if Hibs could get him firing he would be worth a fortune.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 25-11-2021 at 12:19 PM.