hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 309 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    I don't think Drey Wright is a bad player. He was a good player for St Johnstone and will probably go on and do well elsewhere. Some players just suit or don't suit a particular club for whatever reason. It's not really happening for him at Hibs but as long as he's wearing our shirt he'll continue to get my full support.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Drey Wright is a bad player. He was a good player for St Johnstone and will probably go on and do well elsewhere. Some players just suit or don't suit a particular club for whatever reason. It's not really happening for him at Hibs but as long as he's wearing our shirt he'll continue to get my full support.
    I genuinely can't ever remember him playing for St Johnstone let alone ever standing out or playing well. Don't think I'd even heard of him before he signed to be honest.

He's seem like a decent enough guy but he's not good enough for Hibs IMO. Certainly not if the aim is to finish 3rd and win trophies.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    You are far too sensible for this forum. I do find it frustrating when I read posters describe professional footballers as "horrific" or "brutal".

That said, Drey Wrights performances in a Hibs shirt have been disappointing. He's not doing "okay", as some have suggested. IMO, he hides in games when he comes on. If I could see hard work and effort to show us that he is a good player, then I could warm to him more. But he doesn't. I do think he's shown glimpse of him being a good player, especially in the game against Celtic in the final league game of the season, when we rested the majority of the team. Then, he was better than okay, but such moments are not occurring often enough, for me.
    Perfect balanced summary for me …

I can see if Drey Wright going to Killie and ripping it up in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Auckland Hibs View Post
    Ok.

Who's been worse in recent or many a year?

I don't rate him, he's been horrific since he joined -and he's a waste of a wage, hence why we tried to get rid of him on the last day of the transfer window.

I'm entitled to have a different point of view without it being deemed ridiculous.
    The last player we signed from St Johnstone before Wright was even more disappointing. Swanson. Glossed over though because he was apparently a Hibs fan (or was it a Hearts fan).

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    In fairness to Drey Wright I think he’s the type of player that needs to play week in week out to get upto speed and get a bit of confidence.

The first couple of games I saw him I was responsibly impressed, I remember him up front against Aberdeen and thought he had really good movement.

I’ve no doubt he’ll go to a bottom 6 team where he’ll play most weeks and be a really consistent performer.

My thing with him as a winger is I never had any confidence that he’d beat a man and put in a good cross. He’s quite good when it’s quite tight though and he manipulates the ball/his body to create a yard of space.

Whatever happens I wish him well, a lot of what he has done hasn’t came off for him but I’ve no problems with him and it’s sad to see he lacked confidence to push on.

Some signings work out brilliant, some dont.
    This is his biggest problem - we needed a winger, we thought he was a quick winger who beat players but the truth is he’s not.

I’m not exactly sure what exactly he is, but I’m pretty sure he’s not a bad player and he’s had a few appearance where he has been somewhere between competent and effective.

He’s never really looked comfortable or confident, therefore it’s quite hard to be fully confident in him.

I’ve never really got the criticism of him though, which has felt excessive to me from the word go. Yes, he sometimes gives the ball away. No, he doesn’t take players on and beat them. He’s generally pretty good at keeping possession and his defensive discipline and work rate are good. He’s quite handy to put on to help you see a game out.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    The last player we signed from St Johnstone before Wright was even more disappointing. Swanson. Glossed over though because he was apparently a Hibs fan (or was it a Hearts fan).
    Careful now.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Nah. Swanson at least had a few good games, in particular the 2-1 v Celtic.

Wright has scored a goal v Rangers and that's it. Not even close to the "worst Hibs player in years" though.

Not for the first time I was really impressed with Jamie McCart today.

Very mobile, strong, good on the ball and can defend. Couple of outstanding blocks/tackles/interceptions today stopping certain goals.

Appreciate he went through a dip in form at the start of the season which players at this level will do.

Hopefully we go back in for him.

Also thought Liam Gordon was very impressive but he’s under contract until 2024.

Not for the first time I was really impressed with Jamie McCart today.

Very mobile, strong, good on the ball and can defend. Couple of outstanding blocks/tackles/interceptions today stopping certain goals.

Appreciate he went through a dip in form at the start of the season which players at this level will do.

Hopefully we go back in for him.

Also thought Liam Gordon was very impressive but he’s under contract until 2024.
    Pre-contract for McCart in January to replace Daz next season which would leave us needing to sign 1 further centre half in the summer if Porteous is moving on.

I wonder if we're looking at ethan Ross at raith rovers as well, looks like he's doing really well too.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Pre-contract for McCart in January to replace Daz next season which would leave us needing to sign 1 further centre half in the summer if Porteous is moving on.
    I’d be signing one further centre back even if Porteous doesn’t move on, 2 if he does.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    I wonder if we're looking at ethan Ross at raith rovers as well, looks like he's doing really well too.
    He is an Aberdeen player on loan

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    He left Aberdeen in the summer as he was out of contract.

Took a couple of months deciding (probably waiting on a bigger club) before signing for Raith in October I think.

Sure he was training with Sunderland but clearly never materialised.

Raith must have had to pay a bit of compo for him or come to some agreement

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I’d be signing one further centre back even if Porteous doesn’t move on, 2 if he does.
    Ideally you would want to be sitting with 4 established centre halves but whether Hibs can afford to have that is another matter.
    I was thinking they would go for 3 plus McGinn in reserve for emergencies so Hanlon, McCart plus 1 other good quality CH.
    In essense we only have 2 centre halves this season plus Daz who should have retired in the summer and a very young guy on loan in Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    No he’s not mate he signed there permanently after them agreeing components aberdeen

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Ideally you would want to be sitting with 4 established centre halves but whether Hibs can afford to have that is another matter.
    I was thinking they would go for 3 plus McGinn in reserve for emergencies so Hanlon, McCart plus 1 other good quality CH.
    In essense we only have 2 centre halves this season plus Daz who should have retired in the summer and a very young guy on loan in Wood.
    I'd like to think we could also have a development player or two (or three or four) pushing to get in the first team, who could come in as cover if needed, not just CB but anywhere in the team.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Chris Mueller plays tonight in the last 16 of the MLS play-offs, a defeat would mean an end to his time with Orlando. If that occurs, hopefully he can come over and join us so he’s ready to hit the ground running once he is registered to play on January 1st.

@hibs.net private member
    Chris Mueller plays tonight in the last 16 of the MLS play-offs, a defeat would mean an end to his time with Orlando. If that occurs, hopefully he can come over and join us so he’s ready to hit the ground running once he is registered to play on January 1st.
    Hopefully he is over here sooner rather than later.... the Covid situation in mainland europe is getting pretty bad and lockdowns are happening again. If another lockdown or at least a travel ban happened would he be able to travel due to work reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Hopefully he is over here sooner rather than later.... the Covid situation in mainland europe is getting pretty bad and lockdowns are happening again. If another lockdown or at least a travel ban happened would he be able to travel due to work reasons?
    Covid is bad in mainland Europe due to many not getting vaccinated, the uptake abroad is poor compared to Britain.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    With the Drey Wright thing I think it would really benefit both him and the club if we parted company. He is low on confidence and as soon as he makes a mistake he gets pelters, it's a vicious circle that doesn't look like being broken. The ony way he will succeed at Hibs now is if he comes on against Hearts with 5 mins to go and hits a "Wordly" volley in the top corner to win us the match. That might just buy him enough good will and boost his confidence enough to find out if there is really a player in there. otherwise he would be better of heading to a new club and starting afresh I think.

Well reminded.
    Hopefully he avoids injury and Orlando lose.
    It's away against Nashville who they played against 3 weeks ago.
    They drew 1-1 that night with Orlando having a goal disallowed in the last minute which they are still very angry about.
    Nashville were unbeaten at home all season (17 games).
    Nashville strength is defending. Will they be able to keep a motivated Nani out?
    Fingers crossed for Mueller to Easter Road soon.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 23-11-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    No he’s not mate he signed there permanently after them agreeing components aberdeen
    Ok cheers didn't realise that.

He left Aberdeen in the summer as he was out of contract.

Took a couple of months deciding (probably waiting on a bigger club) before signing for Raith in October I think.

Sure he was training with Sunderland but clearly never materialised.

Raith must have had to pay a bit of compo for him or come to some agreement

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Covid is bad in mainland Europe due to many not getting vaccinated, the uptake abroad is poor compared to Britain.
    https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Be careful with generalisations.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Be careful with generalisations.
    Yip. It's wrong to make generalisations about "abroad". There are European nations who have vaccinated more than us.

[QUOTE=J-C;6755789]Covid is bad in mainland Europe due to many not getting vaccinated, the uptake abroad is poor compared to Britain

Except the vaccinated are just as likely to come down with the virus as the unvaccinated. And just as likely to transmit the lurgy.

First Team Breakthrough
    Is there any chance of keeping the Covid misinformation (such as stubru's garbage above) off the forum?

[QUOTE=stubru59;6756096]
    Covid is bad in mainland Europe due to many not getting vaccinated, the uptake abroad is poor compared to Britain

Except the vaccinated are just as likely to come down with the virus as the unvaccinated. And just as likely to transmit the lurgy.
    Except they aren't.

[QUOTE=stubru59;6756096]
    Covid is bad in mainland Europe due to many not getting vaccinated, the uptake abroad is poor compared to Britain

error
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 23-11-2021 at 03:17 PM.