hibs.net Messageboard

Page 232 of 309 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,960 of 9265
    @hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone criticising our players on here thought about getting behind them on a Saturday rather than just looking for any excuse to get on to them. Like it or not they’re hibs players and are so for the foreseeable future. Get behind them and support them, confidence is key to what we’re trying to do here. Maybe JDH and Newell don’t want to play that killer pass because they know if it doesn’t come off the fan base is going to get on their backs
    You might be on to something here

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Everyone criticising our players on here thought about getting behind them on a Saturday rather than just looking for any excuse to get on to them. Like it or not they’re hibs players and are so for the foreseeable future. Get behind them and support them, confidence is key to what we’re trying to do here. Maybe JDH and Newell don’t want to play that killer pass because they know if it doesn’t come off the fan base is going to get on their backs
    That’s kind of the point of this place though.

Agree about the lack of support and patience in the stadium though.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Just because Newell is our best midfielder doesn’t mean he is good enough.

Our midfield has a long way to go
    Fair point but JDH and Campbell are worse so he needs to be in before them. Our engine room is our biggest problem

Post of the month . I agree 100% . I`ve no idea how our season will finish ( anything from 4th to 10th in league and anything from losing to Arbroath to winning cup ) but I`m already seeing reasons for optimism for next season with new young signings , development team signings , Under 18 team success , etc

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I think problem with JDH and Newell playing killer passes is their too deep in our half and routinely get the ball from our defenders while facing our own goal square on personally.

If it is because of our fan base then sadly that loops back to the players. Devoid of leadership and no guts. Showed in the latter stages of the 2nd half when fans became restless, nobody on the pitch looked to be trying to get anything going. Going through the motions could've categorised our play.

Difficult to support a team that genuinely looks lifeless and clueless. I don't boo, I just quietly shake my head.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Just because Newell is our best midfielder doesn’t mean he is good enough.

Our midfield has a long way to go
    He is more than good enough. An extremely good SPFL premiership midfielder.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    He is more than good enough. An extremely good SPFL premiership midfielder.
    Maybes aye, maybes naw. Newell likes to sit and pass the ball. If you've got two other midfielders who want to sit and pass then you're not going to get far if another team closes you down. Since Lennon's 3rd season/Heckingbottom we've had Mallan, Allan, Vela, Newell and JDH - all players with very limited mobility who want to get on the ball and pass but are not so good at moving into space.

Hands up the worst midfield I've seen from Hibs was A trio of Mallan, Vela and Allan under Heckingbottom. Teams just played right through us.

Martindale said today that he wants all his players attacking and all of his players defending. Mobility is key to that.

Newell is a neat footballer but if you're going to play him, he needs legs alongside him.

While Magennis may be capable it's no guarantee. He had a promising start to the season but we still couldn't dominate the ball in the games I saw.

Worrying thing from today is Euan Henderson looks to be of the same ilk too.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Box to box midfielder. Forget a winger

We need energy in the middle

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    Maybes aye, maybes naw. Newell likes to sit and pass the ball. If you've got two other midfielders who want to sit and pass then you're not going to get far if another team closes you down. Since Lennon's 3rd season/Heckingbottom we've had Mallan, Allan, Vela, Newell and JDH - all players with very limited mobility who want to get on the ball and pass but are not so good at moving into space.

Hands up the worst midfield I've seen from Hibs was A trio of Mallan, Vela and Allan under Heckingbottom. Teams just played right through us.

Martindale said today that he wants all his players attacking and all of his players defending. Mobility is key to that.

Newell is a neat footballer but if you're going to play him, he needs legs alongside him.

While Magennis may be capable it's no guarantee. He had a promising start to the season but we still couldn't dominate the ball in the games I saw.

Worrying thing from today is Euan Henderson looks to be of the same ilk too.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Henderson is here to replace Newell I think. Joe will be going back down south when his contract ends. I think Euan will be more attack oriented as well.

Just realised this is the winter transfer thread .
    Not much time to sign anyone . I think we`re going to struggle to make top 6 and so fight for top 5 ( 5th will almost definitely be enough for Conference ) and cup needs luck so good signings would be welcome but am doubtful that we can sign anyone good enough now to make a big enough difference so maybe looking at signings in summer to complement the hopefully good young players we`ve signed .
    Any serious rumours of signings for now ?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I'd love to have some insight on who is on our shortlist to replace Boyle

Maloney did reference a short list

Someone mentioned there was no movement on our target(s) according to Maloney

I still think if there's a possibility we would be foolish to not get Mcgrath in

He would immediately improve our central midfield

Charles Cooke I'm a wee bit undecided on but he's having a great season

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Callum_62; 29-01-2022 at 10:22 PM.

Back to last day panic buying

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Not every signing on deadline day is a panic signing

We've signed Mueller, Melkerson, Clarke, Rocky, Henderson and Mitchell all reasonably early

We do have a Boyle shaped hole that only became apparent about ten days ago

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Hope to see 3 or 4 in and the same or more out don't think that will happen but imo should happen with the 3 or 4 being ones ready to immediately play.

Hopefully not . Every club will be offering and being offered players this weekend . We`ve already signed some very promising young players that will probably help us more next season or beyond . Despite Livi result hope we keep big signings till summer unless really good player becomes available now .

The crowd are not to blame but they are doing zero to help at the moment.

No great celebration when we score, folk walking out today with 30
    minutes left after Livi’s 3rd, ground half empty most weeks after 85 mins …and gratuitous booing whenever some get the chance.

It can’t be an easy place to perform at your best.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    You might be on to something here
    Jokers both of u

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    The crowd are not to blame but they are doing zero to help at the moment.

No great celebration when we score, folk walking out today with 30
    minutes left after Livi’s 3rd, ground half empty most weeks after 85 mins …and gratuitous booing whenever some get the chance.

It can’t be an easy place to perform at your best.
    BS simple

Has to be because its obvious we are messing up big time.

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Hopefully not . Every club will be offering and being offered players this weekend . We`ve already signed some very promising young players that will probably help us more next season or beyond . Despite Livi result hope we keep big signings till summer unless really good player becomes available now .
    So Hearts get it right and now but we will be okay next season, really?

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Henderson is here to replace Newell I think. Joe will be going back down south when his contract ends. I think Euan will be more attack oriented as well.
    But he cost a goal today znd little going forward, not impressed.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    But he cost a goal today znd little going forward, not impressed.
    How did Henderson cost a goal today?

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    So Hearts get it right and now but we will be okay next season, really?
    Are you expecting us to sign players in the next 48 hours who will suddenly make us race up league table and win cup ? No idea about Hearts . No idea how much they`ve paid players to sign on or how much their recruitment team are on . In both cases more than other clubs were prepared to pay . Their best player is nearly 40 and they`re about to lose their best defender . Despite massive expenditure on recruitment staff and players , they were still nearer 7th than 2nd before today`s games . Long time to go this season and next for all clubs .

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Hope to see 3 or 4 in and the same or more out don't think that will happen but imo should happen with the 3 or 4 being ones ready to immediately play.
    Just can’t see that happening in terms of inward players
    By the sound of things it’s the young Norwegian guy and Boyles replacement if we can get a deal done
    But Maloney has also said we may have to wait till the summer to replace Boyle as it has to be someone with the same attributes that can come straight into the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Are you expecting us to sign players in the next 48 hours who will suddenly make us race up league table and win cup ? No idea about Hearts . No idea how much they`ve paid players to sign on or how much their recruitment team are on . In both cases more than other clubs were prepared to pay . Their best player is nearly 40 and they`re about to lose their best defender . Despite massive expenditure on recruitment staff and players , they were still nearer 7th than 2nd before today`s games . Long time to go this season and next for all clubs .
    They were nearer 7th than 2nd before today’s game? Presume you mean on points but so what? That’s not how league tables work - they’re ten points clear in 3rd, which is as high as they can realistically finish.

Speculating that they might be paying over the odds for the guys who are responsible for them finally signing a very effective squad is a bizarre take on things. They’ve squandered money for many years but it really can’t be argued that they arent spending it well right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Henderson was a rabbit caught in the headlights, looks really young and lightweight. He looks miles away from competing with Newell sadly.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Henderson was a rabbit caught in the headlights, looks really young and lightweight. He looks miles away from competing with Newell sadly.
    Canny say I’m surprised he’s not really made an impact as yet, failed to make an impact at both Ross county & Dunfermline so no idea how he’s been deemed good enough for us at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Canny say I’m surprised he’s not really made an impact as yet, failed to make an impact at both Ross county & Dunfermline so no idea how he’s been deemed good enough for us at this point
    Agree Stuart, we need a dominant midfielder which Newell does a good job at but Henderson looks years off that if ever. He looks like a school lad in a man’s game.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Agree Stuart, we need a dominant midfielder which Newell does a good job at but Henderson looks years off that if ever. He looks like a school lad in a man’s game.
    And yet he was clearly one of the players Maloney wanted to bring in from the get talking him up as if he was going to be pivotal to how he wanted us to play

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    And yet he was clearly one of the players Maloney wanted to bring in from the get talking him up as if he was going to be pivotal to how he wanted us to play

He may progress into becoming that but just don’t understand the clamour to get him in when he barely made an impact at previous clubs