hibs.net Messageboard

Page 221 of 309 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,630 of 9265
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was his players. His team.
    JR was very clear, after the summer transfer window, that the club had significantly failed to get the player he needed and asked for. He was badly let down. But he’s gone now so we support Shaun Maloney and hope he has benefited for those previous failings.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Agreed.Don’t understand where the Hallberg Appreciation Society has suddenly appeared from.

He seemed a decent player,but he never did enough to convince he should be a regular starter.

Wish him all the best at St Johnstone but unless things significantly improve for them soon,he could spend a good lot of his 18 months of contract in the Championship.

St Johnstone are desperate for a regular reliable goal scorer and that is definitely not Hallberg.
    True but he was an honest and genuine squad player who always seemed to give of his best for Hibs, even if rarely setting the heather alight; he didn't spit the dummy nor throw the toys out the pram, and deserves a farewell thank-you.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Fuchs signs for Peterborough, Dundee Utd will miss him

Wish Allan all the best for the rest of his career, some great memories and the 19/20 season was his best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    JR was very clear, after the summer transfer window, that the club had significantly failed to get the player he needed and asked for. He was badly let down. But he’s gone now so we support Shaun Maloney and hope he has benefited for those previous failings.
    Would have been good to see what JR would have done with 6 new players.... but we will never know. Fully behind Shan.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    No longer got any interest in McGrath and we didn’t place any bids for Sibbick, according to the EEN.
    Don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Would have been good to see what JR would have done with 6 new players.... but we will never know. Fully behind Shan.
    I keep getting told that these players are not bang average as they got 3rd last season, if that's the case why did Ross struggle to get a song out of them this season?

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I keep getting told that these players are not bang average as they got 3rd last season, if that's the case why did Ross struggle to get a song out of them this season?
    Because you need to improve your squad as others around you do?

Ross had us flying before Doidge/Magennis got injured and Porteous suspended as well. He also reached another cup final.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Don't think so.
    Don’t think so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Wish Allan all the best for the rest of his career, some great memories and the 19/20 season was his best for me.
    The 17/18 season where he came on loan under Lennon he was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many of ross signings are a big part of our plans with maloney, like genuianly?

I’d say cadden, JDH, Nisbet, Mueller.

Not saying that’s good terrible or brilliant. Just looking at the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Don’t think so what?
    On both stated.

Anyone worried? The window closes and we've not added any experience, 3, 4, 5 games come and go and we're up against it.

The Cove experience just fills me with fear.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    Anyone worried? The window closes and we've not added any experience, 3, 4, 5 games come and go and we're up against it.

I am concerned that yes our signing policy is clearly young, hungry players with a potential to grow and sell on for a big profit.

But is there a lack of canny street wise characters? Absolutely imo.

We miss a Scott brown type, even Marvin Bartley. Know when to slow it down play on a foul and the complete opposite.

Midfield is still our weakest position imo, followed by centre forward.

Defence is done, very strong there.

We definitely need to add experienced good quality up front as losing Boyle mid season needs to be addressed along with a striker that can play Maloney’s style. Most of our attacking signings seem to be for the future. If we don’t add in this window I fear the season will be over. Fingers crossed 🤞

Just a tad. We have zero creativity and drive from midfield. We have little width and other than a left wing back in Mitchell zero pace. We can’t create and can’t convert as our strikers are either off form (Nisbet) for months or unfit (Doidge). We have now let Scott Allan go and already sent McKay on loan. Along with Boyle our best player by a mile.

Still it’s not Jack Ross so it’s probably all fine then. Right now this is a worse window than the summer overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Said it before but Allan to Killie would be really bad for us.

Would kill the progression and game time of Dylan Tait as they’d both be competing for a similar position.
    I don’t know why you’d be too worried they are different players and I don’t think it will make much difference to Tait as Killi need to improve that area of the pitch wether it’s Allan or not.

We have loads of experienced players. Its quality ones we need and so far, we seem to have signed them.

The cove experience where we battered them and had a goal disallowed which totally changes the game. Far too many folk worrying about one match. You never see talk of winning the league based on one match, so why do you expect us to be up against it based on one match?

Up against what btw? We've won 3 of our last 5 league games, and every team below us in the table is quite clearly worse than us. We'll be 5th at worst assuming Maloney isn't another Butcher. Also think we're a better side than Motherwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    I am concerned that yes our signing policy is clearly young, hungry players with a potential to grow and sell on for a big profit.

But is there a lack of canny street wise characters? Absolutely imo.

We miss a Scott brown type, even Marvin Bartley. Know when to slow it down play on a foul and the complete opposite.

Midfield is still our weakest position imo, followed by centre forward.

Defence is done, very strong there.
    This is where I am. The security of strength in the middle to control and build the team around, I won't even suggest a McGinn type player as he's a £60M man, but a figurehead to set an example and set the standards.

I'm worried, but 100% willing to give him a chance obviously.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Just a tad. We have zero creativity and drive from midfield. We have little width and other than a left wing back in Mitchell zero pace. We can’t create and can’t convert as our strikers are either off form (Nisbet) for months or unfit (Doidge). We have now let Scott Allan go and already sent McKay on loan. Along with Boyle our best player by a mile.

Still it’s not Jack Ross so it’s probably all fine then. Right now this is a worse window than the summer overall.
    Henderson made some good balls forward in the Motherwell game, Mueller is still getting up to fitness but has shown signs of being a talent and able to get away from his man and by the sounds of it Melkersen will be a find. Rocky looks excellent and Harry Clarke when back to fitness will be excellent too. Magennis to come back very soon too.

I think it's been a good window but we could still do with another wide player and perhaps another striker.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I’m totally backing Shaun btw.

Just think we’re maybe an experienced player short, newell isn’t that guy for me, not yet anyway.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    Jambos reckon both signing for them !

That would be pretty grim if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    That would be pretty grim if it happened.
    Tbe key word is IF

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    I’m totally backing Shaun btw.

Just think we’re maybe an experienced player short, newell isn’t that guy for me, not yet anyway.
    Newell is our best central midfielder. We play with 2 central midfielders. He isn't the one a new player would replace.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post

I think you are overreacting

Our squad definately has more depth at the moment and you haven't really seen Clarke, Melkerson or to a certain degree mitchell play

I don't see why letting Scott Allan go really impacts our squad given his game time - he wasnt good enough now and it's why we have let him go

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Newell is our best central midfielder. We play with 2 central midfielders. He isn't the one a new player would replace.
    Agree, it's JDH thats position should be under threat

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Our starting line up on Wednesday had about 950 Hibs appearances amongst them and an average of 26 years of age. How much experience do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Henderson made some good balls forward in the Motherwell game, Mueller is still getting up to fitness but has shown signs of being a talent and able to get away from his man and by the sounds of it Melkersen will be a find. Rocky looks excellent and Harry Clarke when back to fitness will be excellent too. Magennis to come back very soon too.

I think it's been a good window but we could still do with another wide player and perhaps another striker.
    I’m no sure it can be considered a good window so far.

From about November, it was all about the transfer window. It’s come and we’ve added players but very few have made any impact or are ready to make an impact. Couple that with losing our best player.

I hope the likes of Henderson and Melkerson can bee good in time but I’m not sure in terms of the remainder of this season. Thought we needed to strengthen middle of the park and in the forward areas and I don’t think we have, to the point that Drey Wright is getting a game.

https://ictfc.com/austin-samuels-signs-for-ictfc

Aberdeen’s signing record flying as usual 😂. Sure folk we’re no happy we didn’t get this lad aswell

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    We have loads of experienced players. Its quality ones we need and so far, we seem to have signed them.

The cove experience where we battered them and had a goal disallowed which totally changes the game. Far too many folk worrying about one match. You never see talk of winning the league based on one match, so why do you expect us to be up against it based on one match?

Up against what btw? We've won 3 of our last 5 league games, and every team below us in the table is quite clearly worse than us. We'll be 5th at worst assuming Maloney isn't another Butcher. Also think we're a better side than Motherwell.
    I have absolutely no idea how good a side we are - Hibs are sending me very mixed signals at the moment.

It's a results business and Maloney's results have been good so far.

It's also quite hard to get optimistic about a team who struggle to muster any attempts on goal.

All the players coming in sound good on paper, who knows how they might perform on the park.

Nothing would surprise me with this Hibs team - anything from clicking immediately and forcing their way up and into third, all the way down to a Butcheresque freefall.