hibs.net Messageboard

Page 172 of 309 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 9265
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Incredible that his form has been so bad he retains a place in a decent international squad.
    Not just retains, he was first picked 10 months ago (& been a regular ever since)despite several on here telling us he's been minging for at least a year!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Not just retains, he was first picked 10 months ago (& been a regular ever since)despite several on here telling us he's been minging for at least a year!
    Yep some of the critique has been ridiculous

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It's good his value has plummeted?
    Firstly, it's only your opinion his value has plummeted. Given he became a full internationalist after the Brum bid I'm not sure it has. Secondly. KN's contract has more than 2 years to run. A return to goalscoring form would help us on the pitch, increase his chances of a big move & see his value increase, a win/win/win.

Shame the way Nisbet is being spoken about. Nowhere near as bad as folk are making out imo.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Yep some of the critique has been ridiculous
    While I agree, he's hardly been turning in performances that you would think would lead to being in the national team.

He got in at the right time as part of a tight knit squad that now knows how to win. He got there initially on merit, but since then his performances for hibs have not been great. I want him to do well because we saw him score some great goals, but he doesn't seem capable of getting back to that level for whatever reason.

He must be great in training because Clarke likes him, Ross liked him, and Maloney hasn't dropped him yet, so he has something we arent seeing.

7 goals in 28 games isn't a great return, with a record like that in this league I don't think if he played for another team people would be falling over themselves to sign him.
    Last edited by SlickShoes; 19-01-2022 at 04:27 PM.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lol he really has shat in your chips at one point
    Yeah that’s it🙄

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    He's had 4 decent months and 12 bad months.
    Tony Watt has had 4 decent months in a decade and folk want to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    I'm not getting this 'loss of form'.

It's more likely that this is his default level. A player can't simply be off from for a whole year or more.

There is no evidence whatsoever of the prediction "he will come good, only needs a goal".

That miss against Celtic seems to point some crazy idea that KN holds himself up as a gifted footballer, the way he attempted to score with the outside of his foot. I can think of no other striker who would have done anything like that.

Even a centre half would have just blasted it over the line, from what, 3 yards out?

Further back up for the default level is his continual one trick pony attempt at passing the ball into the net ala Mo Salah, but allowing the keeper to make an easy save, or missing the target completely.

Maybe we were fooled by his record in the 'we're no very good' leagues. And KN is in the 'he's no very good' class.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Eventually finds himself a club he seems ideally suited to then buggers off elsewhere at the first opportunity, for a bit more cash. Maybe if Motherwell hadn't offered every season ticket holder a free renewal, they might might have been able to keep Watt.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Shame the way Nisbet is being spoken about. Nowhere near as bad as folk are making out imo.
    I put it down to the transfer request a year ago. Some folk cannot get over it, like a jilted lover. Do we know for sure that he actually put in a request? I only ever saw it in a "newspaper" which makes stuff up all the time to get clicks.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I put it down to the transfer request a year ago. Some folk cannot get over it, like a jilted lover. Do we know for sure that he actually put in a request? I only ever saw it in a "newspaper" which makes stuff up all the time to get clicks.
    I'm just puting it down to using my eyes, but maybe thats a little too way out there for some folk to understand.

It's more likely that this is his default level. A player can't simply be off from for a whole year or more.

There is no evidence whatsoever of the prediction "he will come good, only needs a goal".

That miss against Celtic seems to point some crazy idea that KN holds himself up as a gifted footballer, the way he attempted to score with the outside of his foot. I can think of no other striker who would have done anything like that.

Even a centre half would have just blasted it over the line, from what, 3 yards out?

Further back up for the default level is his continual one trick pony attempt at passing the ball into the net ala Mo Salah, but allowing the keeper to make an easy save, or missing the target completely.

Maybe we were fooled by his record in the 'we're no very good' leagues. And KN is in the 'he's no very good' class.
    100% correct in everything you say.

His “attempt” was pathetic. Also on your point regarding passing it into the net, he never seems to strike a ball with the laces, very odd for a “striker”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    …and?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    So nothing to do his rank rotten form. Righto 👍🏻 🥴

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    100% correct in everything you say.

His “attempt” was pathetic. Also on your point regarding passing it into the net, he never seems to strike a ball with the laces, very odd for a “striker”
    Agree. I really hope he isn't rewarded with a start tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Agree. I really hope he isn't rewarded with a start tomorrow.
    Rewarded? What is wrong with people?

It could just be that top Championship/bottom premiership is his level, he hit the ground running after getting his deal with us but since the death of his father and a couple of niggly injuries, he's regressed badly. I don't think he's a bad player but just not as good as a lot of people think he is, similar to Shankland and McNulty who struggled moving up to a higher level (McNulty's best form came playing in English Div1+2, good cameo for us but then struggled again)
    Last edited by J-C; 19-01-2022 at 05:46 PM.

Hope Kevin Nisbet does not read these pages. If he does I expect he will understand that most of the posters talk a load of sh*te.

He's a striker at Hibs. Aye, he missed a sitter the other night and has not been anywhere near the form he was when he first signed but this is why he is at Hibs. If he was banging in over 20 goals every season, playing consistently well he would not be here.

It's just his turn to be the one who is getting targeted for abuse. Over the last few months it's been a choice of Hanlon, Porteous, Wright, Newell to name a few.

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Hope Kevin Nisbet does not read these pages. If he does I expect he will understand that most of the posters talk a load of sh*te.

He's a striker at Hibs. Aye, he missed a sitter the other night and has not been anywhere near the form he was when he first signed but this is why he is at Hibs. If he was banging in over 20 goals every season, playing consistently well he would not be here.

It's just his turn to be the one who is getting targeted for abuse. Over the last few months it's been a choice of Hanlon, Porteous, Wright, Newell to name a few.
    Agreed. One of the issues is that we're creating so few chances for him & he's seeing so little of the ball that every mistake is magnified. Lucky if he gets half a dozen touches in a game & few of those he can do anything useful with.

Coaching Staff

Well said, as I said in an earlier post I feel sorry for the lad he doesn't deserve some of the stuff
    That's being said about him.

Cove Rangers have announced the signing of former Aberdeen, Motherwell, Sheffield Wednesday and Dundee United defender Mark Reynolds.

The 23-year-old has agreed an 18-month contract and – subject to clearance – will be in the squad for tomorrow night’s Scottish Cup fourth round tie with Hibernian at Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Cove Rangers have announced the signing of former Aberdeen, Motherwell, Sheffield Wednesday and Dundee United defender Mark Reynolds.

The 23-year-old has agreed an 18-month contract and – subject to clearance – will be in the squad for tomorrow night’s Scottish Cup fourth round tie with Hibernian at Easter Road.
    A regular Benjamin Button

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

He’s not played for United for a while, thought he was injured

He's young for so many clubs

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    He's young for so many clubs

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    He’s actually 34.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    He’s actually 34.
    Just noticed that myself. Was a copy and paste from sky sports.

👍

Wee Lewis is probably thinking it was high time it was someone else's turn.....

Wonder if we're looking at Charles-Cook, I've been impressed with him for a while now and that's another 2 goals and created the other one. Seems to be involved in a lot of goals and assists for them.

I don't watch them enough to know much about his weaknesses but must be attracting at least some interest.

I wonder if other teams are looking at him too