hibs.net Messageboard

Page 167 of 309 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,010 of 9265
    We need another C/F help / cover / assist Elias. Nisbet - " The Invisible Man ' , has been for approx14 months ( except 2 /3 good goals .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nisbet missed a sitter but was otherwise fine. We're not getting the ball to him in the box enough and he continually has to come deep because our midfield don't support him.
    You can’t miss sitters in Glasgow against the old firm though. Definitely not as the main striker who has aspersions to play at a higher level.

Take your chances or you lose

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Nisbet (any other striker puts that away) sitter
    Higher possession, I’m intrigued to know the last time hibs went to Glasgow for either of the uglies and won more possession.
    Yes we need to be more clinical and get shots away.
    It was a shoestring eleven, Campbell was left wing back troops.
    Give the guy a chance
    Again….
    Beat Aberdeen who seem to have our number for the past 4 years
    Destroy United away
    Lost to probable champions with players on 5 x the wages
    No disgrace

I was actively calling for Ross to go.
    It’s night and day already - he will come good

He’s not even been here a month.
    The game recently when Porto got sent off at Ibrox we had more possession than them and Nisbet scored a good goal
    It all went tits up after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Shankland absolutely worked his socks off for a very defensive Dundee United last season when he was genuinely starved of any kind of service - put in a selfless shift every week. That'll be why he still got his move for good money.

I don't see any comparison.
    What's Shankland doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Be a good chap and delete some messages from your inbox, it's full.
    I don’t know how to do it mate

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Getting released by the Belgium club. Papers were tying to link him with us and hearts for a summer transfer

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Are you on hibs.net lite or the main default version?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Nisbet (any other striker puts that away) sitter
    Higher possession, I’m intrigued to know the last time hibs went to Glasgow for either of the uglies and won more possession.
    Yes we need to be more clinical and get shots away.
    It was a shoestring eleven, Campbell was left wing back troops.
    Give the guy a chance
    Again….
    Beat Aberdeen who seem to have our number for the past 4 years
    Destroy United away
    Lost to probable champions with players on 5 x the wages
    No disgrace

I was actively calling for Ross to go.
    It’s night and day already - he will come good

He’s not even been here a month.
    Prior to Maloney's arrival we had beaten Aberdeen in two of the last three matches against them. And we didn't destroy Dundee United away - 90% of the performance was good, but we were pulled back to 2-1 by ten men. 3-1 was a fair reflection of the game in the end.

You are correct that Celtic are, rightly given their budget, miles better than us - and that we were missing key players on top of that - but quality of opposition needs to be taken into account in the United game also. They had a threadbare squad and played the last 15 minutes a man down.

I'm excited to see where we go under Maloney, and at what it appears we are trying to do differently from Ross' time as manager. I was neither too up after the United game, nor am I massively down after a very difficult night last night. Hopefully we can take care of Cove on Thursday before going to Fir Park next week - it's there that we'll really learn where we are right now under Shaun.

Porteous
    McGinn
    Mueller - fitness
    Clarke
    Melkerson
    Henderson
    All unavailable last night

The over reaction from a loss at Celtic is crazy

Like wow.
    And Magennis (longer term I know)

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Porteous
    McGinn
    Mueller - fitness
    Clarke
    Melkerson
    Henderson
    All unavailable last night

The over reaction from a loss at Celtic is crazy

Like wow.
    I’m not sure there’s been a mass overreaction. The posts calling it embarrassing are laughable. There’s a lot of people disappointed in how we played last night because I think we know we’re capable of better.

Whilst saying that the list of players you’ve mentioned would improve us massively. IF and that’s a big if, at some point this season we have a fully fit squad we’ll have plenty options.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I’m not sure there’s been a mass overreaction. The posts calling it embarrassing are laughable. There’s a lot of people disappointed in how we played last night because I think we know we’re capable of better.

Whilst saying that the list of players you’ve mentioned would improve us massively. IF and that’s a big if, at some point this season we have a fully fit squad we’ll have plenty options.

I think you’re right.

There’s a few outliers (obviously) but in the main people seem pretty calm.

We are allowed to be disappointed. Celtc may be much better resourced than us, but the day we start writing off games against the ugly sisters is the day we should all just give up.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I know I know! He has been well backed so far though. As has been pointed out some will definitely leave which will hopefully give us some scope to sign another one or two.

It feels like we’ve got loads of central midfielders but none of them particularly standing out. JDH/Newell too similar, Hallberg and Gogic well out of the picture and Magennis nowhere near ready. I’d want another option for in there if we can get some of them out.
    Jdh and newell were terrible last night. Newell is the back pass king and lacks pace .
    Jdh has played much better when newell has not played.
    Campbell was posted missing last night. So we did quite well keeping it at 2.
    But your right a clear out out is required . If there is 2.5 million on the table for Boyle I would take it and get some players in that will make a difference

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Go to Notifications near the top of the page.

Click on it then click on inbox.

Click on the box at the right hand side that says messages and click on it to delete them all or simply just click on a few of the messages if you don't want to delete them all.

Go down the page and there is a green box that says selected messages, click on that and then click delete.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Jdh and newell were terrible last night. Newell is the back pass king and lacks pace .
    Jdh has played much better when newell has not played.
    Campbell was posted missing last night. So we did quite well keeping it at 2.
    But your right a clear out out is required . If there is 2.5 million on the table for Boyle I would take it and get some players in that will make a difference

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Spot on .

Quote Originally Posted by Superfurry72 View Post
    And Magennis (longer term I know)
    Genuianly forgot all about Magennis

Cheers

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Newell needs a shake or ship him out.

Versus Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, no Newell and there was a distinct press, increase in pace and it was forward thinking from the midfield.

Last night it was back to slow, pedestrian like football and Newell unfortunately was at the centre of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Not saying he's a great or even good player- I'm saying he is the polar opposite of Nisbet in terms of attitude and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post

Versus Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, no Newell and there was a distinct press, increase in pace and it was forward thinking from the midfield.

Last night it was back to slow, pedestrian like football and Newell unfortunately was at the centre of it.
    For me you can’t just blame that on Newell.

You can’t possible compare Celtic to Aberdeen and United.

Celtic’s fullbacks come in and create a huge overload in the middle of the park, you can press all you want but they’ll always have a spare body. On the ball they allowed us to have it and then as soon as it got into the midfield were straight on us.

If Newell had started against United and Aberdeen I’d imagine he would have played the exact same style as JDH and Campbell as He is capable of it. In the same way JDH and Campbell were no where near as effective last night.

Celtic are a very good team, we can’t overreact.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

we can’t overreact.
    I think you know that's not true!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post

100% agree.

The Newell fan boy club has always puzzled me.I’ve never got what’s supposed to be so special about him.

IMO the most progressive forward moving midfield we had last season was Cadden,Gogic,Irvine and Doig.

Once Newell came back into the team Irvine was never the same player for whatever reason.

Lest we forget for a time Jackson Irvine was flavour of the month with many posters pressing for Hibs to secure him on a longer deal.The return of Newell scuppered that and Irvine just fizzled out.

I think it also telling that when the usual suspects are listed as to who would secure a decent transfer fee Newell is never included.

Maloney seems to want to play a forward moving high pressing game and Newell definitely doesn’t fit into that system.

The only future I see for him is to remain as a squad player at ER or to move back down to the lower leagues in England from whence he came.

Blog Entries
    I find myself shaking my head at some of the comments about Nisbet. One said we'll be lucky to recoup our money, I'll take that bet every day of the week. Others saying we can let him go now we have competition for his place, what competition? James Scott? An untried Norwegian lad or an unfit Doidge? Or possibly Boyle who may be away soon. Nisbet has been a regular in Scotland squads throughout last year & now has 10 caps so Clarke rates him as does Maloney based on his comments after the game. Would I like to see him put himself about more, hold the ball up better & most importantly finish better?, of course I would. All strikers have streaky spells where they go from barren to productive & vice versa. I expect to see KN back & scoring regularly shortly, after going 1 game, at Celtic Park, without scoring! I doubt he's going anywhere right now & he really is by a long way, our 1st choice striker at present.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I find myself shaking my head at some of the comments about Nisbet. One said we'll be lucky to recoup our money, I'll take that bet every day of the week. Others saying we can let him go now we have competition for his place, what competition? James Scott? An untried Norwegian lad or an unfit Doidge? Or possibly Boyle who may be away soon. Nisbet has been a regular in Scotland squads throughout last year & now has 10 caps so Clarke rates him as does Maloney based on his comments after the game. Would I like to see him put himself about more, hold the ball up better & most importantly finish better?, of course I would. All strikers have streaky spells where they go from barren to productive & vice versa. I expect to see KN back & scoring regularly shortly, after going 1 game, at Celtic Park, without scoring! I doubt he's going anywhere right now & he really is by a long way, our 1st choice striker at present.
    This whole backing nisbet to turn a corner shortly has been ongoing for around a year now and like me, a lot of other fans have finally lost patience with him.

If his attitude was that of Doidge’s, who stuck in and kept giving his all when things weren’t going well for him, i’m sure he’d have our backing still, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    This whole backing nisbet to turn a corner shortly has been ongoing for around a year now and like me, a lot of other fans have finally lost patience with him.

If his attitude was that of Doidge’s, who stuck in and kept giving his all when things weren’t going well for him, i’m sure he’d have our backing still, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
    He scored in the game before Parkhead.

People forget he came from the league below and exceeded expectations. People also forget how young he is and lost his dad a year back.

The amount of abuse he gets is absolutely mental imo.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I’d take literally any one of those options over a lazy Kevin Nisbet right now.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    He scored in the game before Parkhead.

People forget he came from the league below and exceeded expectations. People also forget how young he is and lost his dad a year back.

The amount of abuse he gets is absolutely mental imo.
    Him wanting to leave after barely being here 6 months then when he didn't get to leave started to play rubbish didn't do him any favours...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Him wanting to leave after barely being here 6 months then when he didn't get to leave started to play rubbish didn't do him any favours...
    He was off form before bids came in for him (his dad passed away) I don't think for one minute think it was purposely.

He was off form before bids came in for him (his dad passed away) I don't think for one minute think it was purposely.
    I didn't say it was but it's now been over a year and nothing has improved.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    I didn't say it was but it's now been over a year and nothing has improved.
    Maybe he just isn't as good as people thought then? He seems shot of confidence and form. Everyone getting on his back every single game doesn't help. He clearly isn't suited to be a lone striker with very little support and although it was a sitter he still go himself in the right position last in on two or three times.

There was interest in Doig in Jan last year and the summer too. He's been worse than Nisbet this season yet I don't see him being hounded. Maybe his head was turned also?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Maybe he just isn't as good as people thought then? He seems shot of confidence and form. Everyone getting on his back every single game doesn't help. He clearly isn't suited to be a lone striker with very little support and although it was a sitter he still go himself in the right position last in on two or three times.

There was interest in Doig in Jan last year and the summer too. He's been worse than Nisbet this season yet I don't see him being hounded. Maybe his head was turned also?
    Doig has been nowhere close to being as dreadful as Nisbet. He’s not been as good as last season but to suggest Nisbet has had a better season is wild.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Doig has been nowhere close to being as dreadful as Nisbet. He’s not been as good as last season but to suggest Nisbet has had a better season is wild.
    I agree - look what’s in front of Doig ? People criticise the lad but he gets forward and often has no creative player to feed off or a central player to pick him out when he’s free in the attacking third. He then has to track back a lot. Maloney wants to use the whole pitch and Doig will benefit when we’ve have creative dynamic players in the middle area. At presents he’s caught in two minds as in think innately he’s an attack minded player.