hibs.net Messageboard

Page 168 of 309 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,040 of 9265
    I think Ross and Maloney have committed the cardinal sin of coaches and decided on a system and then try to fit players into it whether or not they’re suited. Doidge is probably a better single striker than Nisbet but I think that it’s pretty clear that the team benefits when they’re both playing and Boyle is wide on the right.Seems perverse not to try it given how many goals they scored.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree - look what’s in front of Doig ? People criticise the lad but he gets forward and often has no creative player to feed off or a central player to pick him out when he’s free in the attacking third. He then has to track back a lot. Maloney wants to use the whole pitch and Doig will benefit when we’ve have creative dynamic players in the middle area. At presents he’s caught in two minds as in think innately he’s an attack minded player.
    That’s the key difference though - Doig had a sticky start to the season but hasn’t stopped busting a gut to get through the other side of it. He made it much more likely to regain his form and as such he made it.

Nisbet isn’t good enough to be a lazy player. He needs to learn that quick otherwise he’s going to realise this too late. That ‘effort’ just before half time was absolutely unforgivable.

I defend players on a bad run of form for as long as they visibly are doing everything they can. I’ve not seen that from Nisbet in ages. I’m really pissed off with him now.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I find myself shaking my head at some of the comments about Nisbet. One said we'll be lucky to recoup our money, I'll take that bet every day of the week. Others saying we can let him go now we have competition for his place, what competition? James Scott? An untried Norwegian lad or an unfit Doidge? Or possibly Boyle who may be away soon. Nisbet has been a regular in Scotland squads throughout last year & now has 10 caps so Clarke rates him as does Maloney based on his comments after the game. Would I like to see him put himself about more, hold the ball up better & most importantly finish better?, of course I would. All strikers have streaky spells where they go from barren to productive & vice versa. I expect to see KN back & scoring regularly shortly, after going 1 game, at Celtic Park, without scoring! I doubt he's going anywhere right now & he really is by a long way, our 1st choice striker at present.
    14 months of dross from him. Do you think he'll be in the next Scotland squad ?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I think if Nisbet was being lazy it would show up in the stats that I’m sure the management will study.

I think he needs dropped but I also think he’s struggling for confidence big time just now which is effecting his performances.

Hopefully he turns it round soon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Doig has been nowhere close to being as dreadful as Nisbet. He’s not been as good as last season but to suggest Nisbet has had a better season is wild.
    Both have been as poor as each other and we look a better team, all season when Lewis plays. Yet Doig gets no stick at all and Nisbet is the devil.

Left by mutual consent!
    That’s the key difference though - Doig had a sticky start to the season but hasn’t stopped busting a gut to get through the other side of it. He made it much more likely to regain his form and as such he made it.

Nisbet isn’t good enough to be a lazy player. He needs to learn that quick otherwise he’s going to realise this too late. That ‘effort’ just before half time was absolutely unforgivable.

I defend players on a bad run of form for as long as they visibly are doing everything they can. I’ve not seen that from Nisbet in ages. I’m really pissed off with him now.
    Doig was being targeted and ruined last night for instance, does that happen to someone with all this potential that many think he has? Yet nobody ever criticizes, just excuses made.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Both have been as poor as each other and we look a better team, all season when Lewis plays. Yet Doig gets no stick at all and Nisbet is the devil.
    We looked a lot better the last 2 games with Doig playing out on the left of midfield in a 343/3421

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I think Ross and Maloney have committed the cardinal sin of coaches and decided on a system and then try to fit players into it whether or not they’re suited. Doidge is probably a better single striker than Nisbet but I think that it’s pretty clear that the team benefits when they’re both playing and Boyle is wide on the right.Seems perverse not to try it given how many goals they scored.
    Based on last night I can't see the system changing under Maloney, and fair enough if thats how he truly believes will be best for us. The courage in that alone gets my backing just now. lets hope every single signing from now on has that in mind. Rocky in a back 3 looks very good loan to begin with.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    We looked a lot better the last 2 games with Doig playing out on the left of midfield in a 343/3421
    And Maloney said Nisbet was probably our best player against Dundee Utd. Yet both have piss poor games last night and only one gets hounded.

@hibs.net private member
    And Maloney said Nisbet was probably our best player against Dundee Utd. Yet both have piss poor games last night and only one gets hounded.
    I think there’s a perception, rightly or wrongly, that Nisbet is lazy and when he’s not playing well, that is amplified. The same can’t be said for the likes of Doig

Blog Entries
    I’d take literally any one of those options over a lazy Kevin Nisbet right now.
    You would take James Scott over Nisbet? Wow!

Left by mutual consent!
    You would take James Scott over Nisbet? Wow!
    It's just an example of over the top criticism the laddies getting. How it will help also I'll never know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    14 months of dross from him. Do you think he'll be in the next Scotland squad ?
    Well given you say there's been 14 months of dross from him and yet all his caps have been gained in that period, then i think the answer is probably 'yes'! Alternatively maybe your opinion is wrong.

Coaching Staff
    Doig was being targeted and ruined last night for instance, does that happen to someone with all this potential that many think he has? Yet nobody ever criticizes, just excuses made.
    He doesn’t come up against top international players every week, it’s how he’ll learn. You have to cut him slack given his age and inexperience and he’ll learn from it each and every time he comes up against that kind of talent.

A bit like Nisbet - he’s stepped up leagues and you have to give him some slack, both are learning the game.

Got to get behind the young players and expect inconsistency at their age.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    He doesn’t come up against top international players every week, it’s how he’ll learn. You have to cut him slack given his age and inexperience and he’ll learn from it each and every time he comes up against that kind of talent.

A bit like Nisbet - he’s stepped up leagues and you have to give him some slack, both are learning the game.

Got to get behind the young players and expect inconsistency at their age.
    Sorry, I know it seems I'm picking out Doig for this but I;m only mentioning him because he was subject to bids last year/in the summer too and his form has also dipped big time (if he was ever as good as some said) yet Nisbet is being slaughtered with nobody saying anything at all about JD.

I would say both are in the same boat. Both deserve our backing and support.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I know it seems I'm picking out Doig for this but I;m only mentioning him because he was subject to bids last year/in the summer too and his form has also dipped big time (if he was ever as good as some said) yet Nisbet is being slaughtered with nobody saying anything at all about JD.

I would say both are in the same boat. Both deserve our backing and support.
    Agreed 100%!

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Unlikely to be coming to us anymore but McGrath not in the St Mirren squad tonight.

There is nothing poor about Doig, and Niz isn’t lazy (he’s just not scoring goals)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Unlikely to be coming to us anymore but McGrath not in the St Mirren squad tonight.
    Aberdeen bound apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I agree he is unlikely to come to us, a real p@ss#r that, I think he is exactly what we need in our midfield tbh

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHFC View Post
    Aberdeen bound apparently.
    Not what the BBC were reporting earlier. Said they had pulled the plug as he wasn't showing enough desire to move to Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    There is nothing poor about Doig, and Niz isn’t lazy (he’s just not scoring goals)

Agree about Doig, he's still young and learning but take the green specs off mate, Nisbet is a very lazy sour puss faced player, hasn't kicked a ball since his transfer request was thrown out last January.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Not what the BBC were reporting earlier. Said they had pulled the plug as he wasn't showing enough desire to move to Aberdeen.
    Fair enough I didn’t see that. Just saw a few mentions of it earlier in the window.

Swap deal for Allan still a possibility? Jim Goodwin was at Celtic Park last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Unfortunately his job is to score goals.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHFC View Post
    Fair enough I didn’t see that. Just saw a few mentions of it earlier in the window.

Swap deal for Allan still a possibility? Jim Goodwin was at Celtic Park last night.
    He’s a massive Celtic fan.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well given you say there's been 14 months of dross from him and yet all his caps have been gained in that period, then i think the answer is probably 'yes'! Alternatively maybe your opinion is wrong.
    He got in the Scotland squad because Scotland’s striking options are diabolical and to further emphasise how bad the alternatives were, he wasn’t even getting a game for us at that time.

To further emphasise how pish Scotland’s striker options were at that time, Calum Paterson came off the bench in the previous 2 internationals v Israel and Serbia to play up front. It was him or Lawrence Shankland. It was truly bottom of the barrel stuff.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Maloney has been in charge of three yes three games.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Maloney has been in charge of three yes three games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nisbet plays better up front with doidge. He kind of leapt from Dunfermline player to Hibs and Scotland player. He is struggling to find his form and just needs a wee bit support, encouragement and goals that he mi****s or taps over the line. I want him to succeed... Either way it is a benefit to Hibs money or goals.
    Last edited by gegs70; 19-01-2022 at 12:31 AM.

Regan Charles Cook scored his 8th goal of the season last night.

Out of contract in the summer.