hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168
Results 5,011 to 5,040 of 5040
  1. #5011
    I think Ross and Maloney have committed the cardinal sin of coaches and decided on a system and then try to fit players into it whether or not theyíre suited. Doidge is probably a better single striker than Nisbet but I think that itís pretty clear that the team benefits when theyíre both playing and Boyle is wide on the right.Seems perverse not to try it given how many goals they scored.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #5012
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    14,853
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree - look whatís in front of Doig ? People criticise the lad but he gets forward and often has no creative player to feed off or a central player to pick him out when heís free in the attacking third. He then has to track back a lot. Maloney wants to use the whole pitch and Doig will benefit when weíve have creative dynamic players in the middle area. At presents heís caught in two minds as in think innately heís an attack minded player.
    Thatís the key difference though - Doig had a sticky start to the season but hasnít stopped busting a gut to get through the other side of it. He made it much more likely to regain his form and as such he made it.

    Nisbet isnít good enough to be a lazy player. He needs to learn that quick otherwise heís going to realise this too late. That Ďeffortí just before half time was absolutely unforgivable.

    I defend players on a bad run of form for as long as they visibly are doing everything they can. Iíve not seen that from Nisbet in ages. Iím really pissed off with him now.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  4. #5013
    Testimonial Due Hibiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find myself shaking my head at some of the comments about Nisbet. One said we'll be lucky to recoup our money, I'll take that bet every day of the week. Others saying we can let him go now we have competition for his place, what competition? James Scott? An untried Norwegian lad or an unfit Doidge? Or possibly Boyle who may be away soon. Nisbet has been a regular in Scotland squads throughout last year & now has 10 caps so Clarke rates him as does Maloney based on his comments after the game. Would I like to see him put himself about more, hold the ball up better & most importantly finish better?, of course I would. All strikers have streaky spells where they go from barren to productive & vice versa. I expect to see KN back & scoring regularly shortly, after going 1 game, at Celtic Park, without scoring! I doubt he's going anywhere right now & he really is by a long way, our 1st choice striker at present.
    14 months of dross from him. Do you think he'll be in the next Scotland squad ?

  5. #5014
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    27,372
    I think if Nisbet was being lazy it would show up in the stats that Iím sure the management will study.

    I think he needs dropped but I also think heís struggling for confidence big time just now which is effecting his performances.

    Hopefully he turns it round soon.

  6. #5015
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doig has been nowhere close to being as dreadful as Nisbet. Heís not been as good as last season but to suggest Nisbet has had a better season is wild.
    Both have been as poor as each other and we look a better team, all season when Lewis plays. Yet Doig gets no stick at all and Nisbet is the devil.

  7. #5016
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thatís the key difference though - Doig had a sticky start to the season but hasnít stopped busting a gut to get through the other side of it. He made it much more likely to regain his form and as such he made it.

    Nisbet isnít good enough to be a lazy player. He needs to learn that quick otherwise heís going to realise this too late. That Ďeffortí just before half time was absolutely unforgivable.

    I defend players on a bad run of form for as long as they visibly are doing everything they can. Iíve not seen that from Nisbet in ages. Iím really pissed off with him now.
    Doig was being targeted and ruined last night for instance, does that happen to someone with all this potential that many think he has? Yet nobody ever criticizes, just excuses made.

  8. #5017
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both have been as poor as each other and we look a better team, all season when Lewis plays. Yet Doig gets no stick at all and Nisbet is the devil.
    We looked a lot better the last 2 games with Doig playing out on the left of midfield in a 343/3421

  9. #5018
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,788
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Ross and Maloney have committed the cardinal sin of coaches and decided on a system and then try to fit players into it whether or not theyíre suited. Doidge is probably a better single striker than Nisbet but I think that itís pretty clear that the team benefits when theyíre both playing and Boyle is wide on the right.Seems perverse not to try it given how many goals they scored.
    Based on last night I can't see the system changing under Maloney, and fair enough if thats how he truly believes will be best for us. The courage in that alone gets my backing just now. lets hope every single signing from now on has that in mind. Rocky in a back 3 looks very good loan to begin with.

  10. #5019
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,788
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We looked a lot better the last 2 games with Doig playing out on the left of midfield in a 343/3421
    And Maloney said Nisbet was probably our best player against Dundee Utd. Yet both have piss poor games last night and only one gets hounded.

  11. #5020
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Maloney said Nisbet was probably our best player against Dundee Utd. Yet both have piss poor games last night and only one gets hounded.
    I think thereís a perception, rightly or wrongly, that Nisbet is lazy and when heís not playing well, that is amplified. The same canít be said for the likes of Doig

  12. #5021
    @hibs.net private member brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,088
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíd take literally any one of those options over a lazy Kevin Nisbet right now.
    You would take James Scott over Nisbet? Wow!

  13. #5022
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,788
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You would take James Scott over Nisbet? Wow!
    It's just an example of over the top criticism the laddies getting. How it will help also I'll never know.

  14. #5023
    @hibs.net private member brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,088
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    14 months of dross from him. Do you think he'll be in the next Scotland squad ?
    Well given you say there's been 14 months of dross from him and yet all his caps have been gained in that period, then i think the answer is probably 'yes'! Alternatively maybe your opinion is wrong.

  15. #5024
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,035
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doig was being targeted and ruined last night for instance, does that happen to someone with all this potential that many think he has? Yet nobody ever criticizes, just excuses made.
    He doesnít come up against top international players every week, itís how heíll learn. You have to cut him slack given his age and inexperience and heíll learn from it each and every time he comes up against that kind of talent.

    A bit like Nisbet - heís stepped up leagues and you have to give him some slack, both are learning the game.

    Got to get behind the young players and expect inconsistency at their age.

  16. #5025
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,788
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He doesnít come up against top international players every week, itís how heíll learn. You have to cut him slack given his age and inexperience and heíll learn from it each and every time he comes up against that kind of talent.

    A bit like Nisbet - heís stepped up leagues and you have to give him some slack, both are learning the game.

    Got to get behind the young players and expect inconsistency at their age.
    Sorry, I know it seems I'm picking out Doig for this but I;m only mentioning him because he was subject to bids last year/in the summer too and his form has also dipped big time (if he was ever as good as some said) yet Nisbet is being slaughtered with nobody saying anything at all about JD.

    I would say both are in the same boat. Both deserve our backing and support.

  17. #5026
    @hibs.net private member brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,088
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, I know it seems I'm picking out Doig for this but I;m only mentioning him because he was subject to bids last year/in the summer too and his form has also dipped big time (if he was ever as good as some said) yet Nisbet is being slaughtered with nobody saying anything at all about JD.

    I would say both are in the same boat. Both deserve our backing and support.
    Agreed 100%!

  18. #5027
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,358
    Unlikely to be coming to us anymore but McGrath not in the St Mirren squad tonight.

  19. #5028
    There is nothing poor about Doig, and Niz isnít lazy (heís just not scoring goals)

  20. #5029
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unlikely to be coming to us anymore but McGrath not in the St Mirren squad tonight.
    Aberdeen bound apparently.

  21. #5030
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unlikely to be coming to us anymore but McGrath not in the St Mirren squad tonight.
    I agree he is unlikely to come to us, a real [email protected]#r that, I think he is exactly what we need in our midfield tbh

  22. #5031
    Coaching Staff HoboHarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,875
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aberdeen bound apparently.
    Not what the BBC were reporting earlier. Said they had pulled the plug as he wasn't showing enough desire to move to Aberdeen.

  23. #5032
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    63
    Posts
    24,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is nothing poor about Doig, and Niz isnít lazy (heís just not scoring goals)

    Agree about Doig, he's still young and learning but take the green specs off mate, Nisbet is a very lazy sour puss faced player, hasn't kicked a ball since his transfer request was thrown out last January.

  24. #5033
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not what the BBC were reporting earlier. Said they had pulled the plug as he wasn't showing enough desire to move to Aberdeen.
    Fair enough I didnít see that. Just saw a few mentions of it earlier in the window.

    Swap deal for Allan still a possibility? Jim Goodwin was at Celtic Park last night.

  25. #5034
    @hibs.net private member Coco Bryce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Just outside the box !!
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is nothing poor about Doig, and Niz isnít lazy (heís just not scoring goals)
    Unfortunately his job is to score goals.

  26. #5035
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,358
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair enough I didnít see that. Just saw a few mentions of it earlier in the window.

    Swap deal for Allan still a possibility? Jim Goodwin was at Celtic Park last night.
    Heís a massive Celtic fan.

  27. #5036
    @hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,409
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well given you say there's been 14 months of dross from him and yet all his caps have been gained in that period, then i think the answer is probably 'yes'! Alternatively maybe your opinion is wrong.
    He got in the Scotland squad because Scotlandís striking options are diabolical and to further emphasise how bad the alternatives were, he wasnít even getting a game for us at that time.

    To further emphasise how pish Scotlandís striker options were at that time, Calum Paterson came off the bench in the previous 2 internationals v Israel and Serbia to play up front. It was him or Lawrence Shankland. It was truly bottom of the barrel stuff.

  28. #5037
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    36,438
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Ross and Maloney have committed the cardinal sin of coaches and decided on a system and then try to fit players into it whether or not theyíre suited. Doidge is probably a better single striker than Nisbet but I think that itís pretty clear that the team benefits when theyíre both playing and Boyle is wide on the right.Seems perverse not to try it given how many goals they scored.
    Maloney has been in charge of three yes three games.

  29. #5038
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    11,112
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maloney has been in charge of three yes three games.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  30. #5039
    First Team Regular gegs70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kirkliston
    Posts
    838
    Nisbet plays better up front with doidge. He kind of leapt from Dunfermline player to Hibs and Scotland player. He is struggling to find his form and just needs a wee bit support, encouragement and goals that he mi****s or taps over the line. I want him to succeed... Either way it is a benefit to Hibs money or goals.
    Last edited by gegs70; Today at 01:31 AM.

  31. #5040
    Regan Charles Cook scored his 8th goal of the season last night.

    Out of contract in the summer.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)