hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar

The Unofficially Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread…

Hiya Hibs.net, hiya pal.

It’s back, I’m back, Backstreet’s Back…alright; let’s get started.

I’m working tomorrow so will rarely be in attendance until circa 6pm but let’s get this up and running.

I’m currently preparing egg mayo and ham sandwiches for work tomorrow. Quick tip here for the egg mayo lovers - a tablespoon of mustard into the mix with a liberal sprinkling of paprika and you’ve got yourself a taste sensation here. Try it. You’ll all agree I’m sure (except MWHIBBIES 😉)

The “snack cupboard” has been replenished with a hearty amount of BBQ Pringles, Frazzles, Jalapeño Pretzels, Twirls and Galaxy Salted Caramel Cake Bars. Full fat Coke in the fridge as well because I care very little for my BMI on deadline day.

What’s your plans? What’s your diet? Are you working? Are you snacking?

Could be a very, very busy day tomorrow. Or it could be like a sexual encounter with my bad self…hyped up, full of promises and ending in ultimate disappointment despite handing over a decent amount of money.

Ben Knowseverything at the wheel driving us through the treacherous roads of deadline day with Sean Maloney beside him in the metaphorical car, albeit in a booster seat.

Will nonshinyfinish turn up? Will Haymaker inundate the thread with excitable emojis? Will Stuart93 make me want to drink a pint of bleach with his less than upbeat tones? Will OneDaySoon elevate the thread to higher levels with his unique brand of humour? Will J-C get a footballer in his taxi? Will Jonnyboy regale tales of his time fighting the English at Bannockburn? Will anyone actually discuss transfers? Who knows, but we’re about to find out.

Over and out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Wee Scottie Dug's Avatar
    About bloody time 🥳

There’s a few posters recently that make Stuart sound almost positive by the way 🍿

And the best thread on .net is back!!

Currently warming up with frazzles and irn bru.

@hibs.net private member
    Gonna drink a sh** ton of beer and prepare my anti Ron Gordon thread if it all goes t*ts up.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hiya Hibs.net, hiya pal.

It’s back, I’m back, Backstreet’s Back…alright; let’s get started.

I’m working tomorrow so will rarely be in attendance until circa 6pm but let’s get this up and running.

I’m currently preparing egg mayo and ham sandwiches for work tomorrow. Quick tip here for the egg mayo lovers - a tablespoon of mustard into the mix with a liberal sprinkling of paprika and you’ve got yourself a taste sensation here. Try it. You’ll all agree I’m sure (except MWHIBBIES 😉)

The “snack cupboard” has been replenished with a hearty amount of BBQ Pringles, Frazzles, Jalapeño Pretzels, Twirls and Galaxy Salted Caramel Cake Bars. Full fat Coke in the fridge as well because I care very little for my BMI on deadline day.

What’s your plans? What’s your diet? Are you working? Are you snacking?

Could be a very, very busy day tomorrow. Or it could be like a sexual encounter with my bad self…hyped up, full of promises and ending in ultimate disappointment despite handing over a decent amount of money.

Ben Knowseverything at the wheel driving us through the treacherous roads of deadline day with Sean Maloney beside him in the metaphorical car, albeit in a booster seat.

Will nonshinyfinish turn up? Will Haymaker inundate the thread with excitable emojis? Will Stuart93 make me want to drink a pint of bleach with his less than upbeat tones? Will OneDaySoon elevate the thread to higher levels with his unique brand of humour? Will J-C get a footballer in his taxi? Will Jonnyboy regale tales of his time fighting the English at Bannockburn? Will anyone actually discuss transfers? Who knows, but we’re about to find out.

Over and out.

20 ****in Regal as well?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    20 ****in Regal as well?
    I’m a vaping man these days. But if we’ve not unveiled a new signing by 6pm you’d better believe I’ll be working my way through a twenty deck 😂😂
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Off work tomorrow but having to head up to Dundee for a couple of hrs, I'll be going to a nice little pub that does the best hoisen duck loaded fries.

Milton Mowbray pork pies, cheese and chive pretzels, four pack of red stripe, Doritos and dip all ready to go at Nelson Mandela House when I get home from another day of toil at about 5:30pm. Luvvly jubbly.

Let’s spend a bit of cash Hibs. You know it makes sense.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Nae need

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Off work tomorrow but having to head up to Dundee for a couple of hrs, I'll be going to a nice little pub that does the best hoisen duck loaded fries.
    Is that Caw's Bar?

Make sure you stop in at Yorkes of Dundee butchers on Strathmartine road for a dozen steak pies, they're the same ones they sell at St Johnstone and they are out of this world. `

I'm off work tomorrow as I'm out tonight so will be monitoring the transfers closely hopefully not nursing a hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Is that Caw's Bar?
    Molly Malone's been once and the loaded fries were outstanding

Make sure you stop in at Yorkes of Dundee butchers on Strathmartine road for a dozen steak pies, they're the same ones they sell at St Johnstone and they are out of this world. `
    Noted 😁👍

Molly Malone's been once and the loaded fries were outstanding
    If you end up in Caw's you'll realise I was being a tad sarcastic, cheap as chips though! 😉

Tin of 10 Hamlet miniatures, 12 bottles of Palauner Munchner Hell and a few "sharing" size bags of Flaming Hot Monster Munch are on standby for when things really start to heat up early doors.

There is a half bottle of Hennessy left to celebrate the pheneomenal "our transfer business is done" email on the official site at some point tomorrow afternoon and a real sense of anticipation for the game on Tuesday night, or.........there is a half bottle of tramadol left to commiserate the horrendous "our transfer business is done" email on the official site at some point tomorrow afternoon and a real sense of dread and anxiety about for the game on Tuesday night.

I'll say one thing though, won't be the same without Jim and Natalie, not sure how I'll cope without that comfort blanket.

Is there a sportsound on tomorrow evening at all on radio Scotland? Can’t find it on the listings

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Tin of 10 Hamlet miniatures, 12 bottles of Palauner Munchner Hell and a few "sharing" size bags of Flaming Hot Monster Munch are on standby for when things really start to heat up early doors.

There is a half bottle of Hennessy left to celebrate the pheneomenal "our transfer business is done" email on the official site at some point tomorrow afternoon and a real sense of anticipation for the game on Tuesday night, or.........there is a half bottle of tramadol left to commiserate the horrendous "our transfer business is done" email on the official site at some point tomorrow afternoon and a real sense of dread and anxiety about for the game on Tuesday night.

I'll say one thing though, won't be the same without Jim and Natalie, not sure how I'll cope without that comfort blanket.

Jim White is on Talksport with Benty from 5pm

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Is there a sportsound on tomorrow evening at all on radio Scotland? Can’t find it on the listings
    No. Next on Tuesday.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    What time does the window slam shut?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    It's probably due a wash anyway, probably stiffer than those JR cardboard cutouts Silver has been going on about.

I’m predicting a damp squib and mass hysteria

@hibs.net private member
    Will 2nd this. They’re that good that I get 48 delivered to the house on a semi-regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Will 2nd this. They’re that good that I get 48 delivered to the house on a semi-regular basis

Holy ****!!! I feel for your bathroom scales.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    What time does the window slam shut?
    Usually midnight in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member
    Holy ****!!! I feel for your bathroom scales.
    Shared between 3 households 😉

Still got some in the freezer from the last time actually

Testimonial Due
    Maybe one more wide striker and a few shipped out. Most of our business is done.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Maybe one more wide striker and a few shipped out. Most of our business is done.
    Yeah but… crisps?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Six packets of quavers washed down with Coke zero I am on a diet😁

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    That sort of talk has no place on this thread.