hibs.net Messageboard

Page 191 of 309 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,730 of 9265
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Make the game move a bit quicker
    He's not good enough. He definitely runs about a lot but he just wasn't that good a footballer.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Make the game move a bit quicker
    Watching him with Livvy, ball tends to fly over his head straight to the forwards, the ball boys made the game faster 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    He's not good enough. He definitely runs about a lot but he just wasn't that good a footballer.
    Agreed.

Lacks quite a bit on the ball and would struggle playing out under pressure from the back.

Been caught a couple of times that’s cost a goal and got lucky that he’s not got cost a goal even more with misplaced passes for Livi

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Would love hibs to go back in for Omeonga,proving we should’ve retained interest in him over at livvy.
    Great wee player just the type we need.
    I agree with this too. I think Omeonga is everything you want in a midfielder. I think there was a big myth that he was overrated. Jack Ross never gave him a fair go in his second spell.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    More than a bit energetic in my opinion. He's a good box to box midfielder who never gives the opposition a minutes peace. Always looks for the ball and could take us up the pitch with it. Been Livi player of the month recently. I'd have him over Campbell without a doubt.
    Cant ever remember him being box to box, he was a liimited central midfielder with a bit of energy, if we are looking at 3rd then we have to look for way better than him

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Average at best, other than being a bit energetic how do you think he would contribute to our midfield ?
    Agreed. Extremely poor in his last spell.

Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    I agree with this too. I think Omeonga is everything you want in a midfielder. I think there was a big myth that he was overrated. Jack Ross never gave him a fair go in his second spell.

It was one jacks early mistakes no using omeonga or recognising his worth.broke up play really well and neat in tight areas and good foot work.heckingbottom said omeonga was his best defender which said a lot about his thoughts on the defence we had.

I may be wrong but we were missing Boyle for a while through injury during heckingbottoms good run as well,I thought omeonga actually defended from deep and still drove the team on.

Still high up in my regard in terms of ability and likability.

In fact I’d swap just about any midfielder we have right now for him easily.

I’m a big Omeonga fan but sometimes players just fit at a club, I think he would be a great squad player for us but would be genuinely start every week? Not so sure. He’s a star at Livi though. Miss his piano playing on Instagram too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I remember people raving about Omeonga after one game. When I pointed out that he had exactly 2 touches in the first half and only a few more in the second, I was slated.

It was true, however, because I had rewatched the match twice and I counted. (It's a step up from dot counting.)

He's not very good.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    We do have a weird fascination with bringing back historic players.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    But criticise the club for not looking wider and singing players from Scotland etc 😂.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I remember people raving about Omeonga after one game. When I pointed out that he had exactly 2 touches in the first half and only a few more in the second, I was slated.

It was true, however, because I had rewatched the match twice and I counted. (It's a step up from dot counting.)

He's not very good.
    I think that's unfair. He took time to get going but put in a number of excellent performances. He's got great physicality and good ball skills but possibly lacks a little confidence - which is probably why he's moved about a bit.

Jack Ross didn't seem to want him when he came back and used him sparsely. The 1-3 reverse against Hearts, he didn't have his best game but never gave up despite being about the only one. I had really rated Docherty until that game but he vanished.

I think Omeonga is better than all our current central midfielders.

I think that's unfair. He took time to get going but put in a number of excellent performances. He's got great physicality and good ball skills but possibly lacks a little confidence - which is probably why he's moved about a bit.

Jack Ross didn't seem to want him when he came back and used him sparsely. The 1-3 reverse against Hearts, he didn't have his best game but never gave up despite being about the only one. I had really rated Docherty until that game but he vanished.

The game I'm referring to was during his 2nd time here. He just wasn't good enough.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    You are in the extreme minority on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Different posters take to different players I suppose,not many I personally I have hankered for to come back.

With omeonga I seen consistently enough of him,in a team bereft of confidence when we were sitting 8th this guy played a huge part in getting us in to top 6 when let’s face it was looking unlikely that season.

Don’t want to keep on at it like,but I’m sure maloney would’ve knew about him anyway being Belgian.

Midfield needs something anyway this month to kick on or summer window for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    You are in the extreme minority on that one.
    He’s not

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar

Omeonga isn't better than any of our current central midfielders and wouldn't get a game for us. We also have KM to come back from injury. He was average at best and no way does he improve our team

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    He’s not
    There's maybe more than one person who agrees with him, but they're a tiny minority.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Omeonga was certainly head and shoulders above both our centre midfielders in the recent game at the Tony Mac.

Not sure if that makes him the right choice for us now though.

Omeonga is doing very well at Livingston by all accounts. Think we definitely need more mobility and drive in midfield, not sure we'd view Stephane as that player though.

Here's hoping Magennis can stay fit once he's back in contention.

@hibs.net private member
    Jason Cummings has left Dundee to join "a club overseas"

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Jason Cummings has left Dundee to join "a club overseas"
    He is in Australia- be interesting to see how he does.

Agree with posters about drive centrally - we are just one paced.

We need speed in attack and speed / drive in central midfield - I will keep saying it but SJM 2 if there is such a player out there to be found.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BobMilne
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    Think they are looking for £500k which is a snip to take him now instead of next season. If Rangers had any decency about them they would pay that as a mark of respect to the player and to Hearts. He could be another £10-£15m player in a couple of years.
    Are you on E? What a load of utter tripe.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    He is in Australia- be interesting to see how he does.

Agree with posters about drive centrally - we are just one paced.

We need speed in attack and speed / drive in central midfield - I will keep saying it but SJM 2 if there is such a player out there to be found.
    there really isn't. he's close to world class now, and how crap we became as soon as he left shows how good he was already when he was with us. we won't see his like for a long time, sadly

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...cCw0EDoZOvmfGQ

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

EXCLUSIVE! Mikey Johnston in potential Celtic transfer exit as Aberdeen consider move after Scott Brown gives glowing reference | @ScottBurns75

https://t.co/tABAJTlcwi https://t.co/dMPkpfL8nY

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Omeonga has definitely some qualities that the current central midfield is lacking: pace, energy, the confidence and drive to try and take players on when he has the ball.

However I think he lacks the composure and passing ability to play in Maloney's system. the 3-1 derby defeat at Easter road he was utterly hopeless, like a rabbit in the headlights every time he got the ball and he couldn't deal with Hearts' press. I remember losing count of the amount of times he gave the ball away that night, and it's not as if that Hearts team were any great shakes.

We could definitely do with a central midfielder that has some of his strengths but I don't think he's the answer.

Chat of him being better than either Newell, JDH or Magennis is laughable, I can't see his career progressing beyond bottom 6 SPL imo.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Chat of him being better than either Newell, JDH or Magennis is laughable, I can't see his career progressing beyond bottom 6 SPL imo.

Other than Magennis who is a sick note until now, being brutally realistic & even a Hibby wantin to see your best Hibs, chats probs correct. Huge improvement could be seen in that midfield!

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    EXCLUSIVE! Mikey Johnston in potential Celtic transfer exit as Aberdeen consider move after Scott Brown gives glowing reference | @ScottBurns75

That’s a shocker eh!

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post

Could only see them being able to afford that if one of their big hitters left.