hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 309 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    European football might entice him that way.
    Maybe the CL but even then. West Ham are never going to be regulars in that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Cannae see why McGinn would leave Villa for West Ham. Step down imo
    If Aston Villa decide they want to sell him because they’ve been offered a huge amount of money for him then he’s not going to turn his nose up at a significant pay rise, moving to London, new long term contract at a club that’s on the way up with the likelihood of European football next season.

He’s probably not likely to be itching for a move there but he certainly wouldn’t turn it down if the opportunity arose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    If Aston Villa decide they want to sell him because they’ve been offered a huge amount of money for him then he’s not going to turn his nose up at a significant pay rise, moving to London, new long term contract at a club that’s on the way up with the likelihood of European football next season.

He’s probably not likely to be itching for a move there but he certainly wouldn’t turn it down if the opportunity arose.
    That's the point though. Villa pay as well as anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone at West Ham is on as much as McGinn is on now. West Ham aren't big payers.

As for moving to London, I get that for overseas players but i'm not sure why a boy from Glasgow is desperate to move to London.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    That's the point though. Villa pay as well as anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone at West Ham is on as much as McGinn is on now. West Ham aren't big payers.

As for moving to London, I get that for overseas players but i'm not sure why a boy from Glasgow is desperate to move to London.
    I know, but if Villa accept an offer for him then he’ll clearly consider it. West Ham have enough going for them to mean it’s not a club to say no to if they really want him.

I don’t think he would agitate for a move there but if Villa want to sell him and West Ham really want him, he’ll go.

It’s not like it’s a ***** club like Hull or Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    It's mental that st mirren still have a sell on % for mcginn
    You could say it was mental we got him so cheap.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He's a brilliant footballer.
    Totally correct

It's not really. We benefitted from Steven Fletchers moves to Wolves and Sunderland after we sold him to Burnley. It's common practice now. Dunfermline will have a similar clause written in for Nisbet for future moves if that ever happens.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I know, but if Villa accept an offer for him then he’ll clearly consider it. West Ham have enough going for them to mean it’s not a club to say no to if they really want him.

I don’t think he would agitate for a move there but if Villa want to sell him and West Ham really want him, he’ll go.

It’s not like it’s a ***** club like Hull or Burnley.
    Absolutely.

I was talking in the context raised by another poster that if they sell Rice, they should use the money for McGinn. 2 major obstacles there are that Villa is unlikely to accept an offer, and also, I don't think he'd be that keen to move there.

If they accept it, it sends a message to McGinn he's not wanted and it's a whole new ball game.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    It's not really. We benefitted from Steven Fletchers moves to Wolves and Sunderland after we sold him to Burnley. It's common practice now. Dunfermline will have a similar clause written in for Nisbet for future moves if that ever happens.
    How far back in a players career are previous clubs entitled to a % of sell on fees ?

IIRC when Stuart Armstrong moved from Celtic to Southampton,Dyce Boys Club received x thousand of pounds as they were entitled to a % of the transfer fee.

Left by mutual consent!
    Interesting to see if Hecky comes in for any of our players. I’m sure he gave Porto his debut for example. Newel maybe also if they are cutting costs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Interesting to see if Hecky comes in for any of our players. I’m sure he gave Porto his debut for example. Newel maybe also if they are cutting costs.
    Porto debut was under Lennon at Ibrox

Its the same clause. Its a % of any money we ever get for McGinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    How far back in a players career are previous clubs entitled to a % of sell on fees ?

IIRC when Stuart Armstrong moved from Celtic to Southampton,Dyce Boys Club received x thousand of pounds as they were entitled to a % of the transfer fee.
    Depends on all the deals. If McGinn moves from Villa and they negotiate a sell on %age with his new club then Hibs and St Mirren will get a cut. If they don't then we won't as the chain will be broken.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    Porto debut was under Lennon at Ibrox
    I thought it was in the League Cup. Maybe he just got more games then. Apologies.

Without that sell on percentage we would never have got him in the first place....pennies just weren't there at the time to have given St Mirren more up front

Good piece of business on their part though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Depends on all the deals. If McGinn moves from Villa and they negotiate a sell on %age with his new club then Hibs and St Mirren will get a cut. If they don't then we won't as the chain will be broken.
    On top of this there’s a solidarity payment made to club’s that developed the player, it’s a very small percentage but is worked out on the basis of how long spent at the club, if there’s more than one club involved in early stage development.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    On top of this there’s a solidarity payment made to club’s that developed the player, it’s a very small percentage but is worked out on the basis of how long spent at the club, if there’s more than one club involved in early stage development.
    Is that not only paid with the first transfer fee?? Doesn’t pull through to others …

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=MWHIBBIES;6772688]Its the same clause. Its a % of any money we ever get for McGinn.[/QUOTE]

Not quite, it's a % of any profit on the deal. We definitely got a good chunk when Burnley sold Fletch to Wolves & I'm pretty sure we also gained when he moved on to Sunderland. However all these deals depend on the club to whom we sell a player also negotiating a sell on deal. The higher the fee paid is, the less likely there is to be a sell on fee. eg if Villa sell SJM on for £60m then we'll be entitled to x% of approx £57m. However the gravy train will probably stop there as; 1) Villa may not be able to negotiate a sell on fee with United and 2) SJM's value is unlikely to rise after that next contract.
    PS, I recognise that with us having only paid about £100k for SJM, what you say above is largely correct, I'm just clarifying the principle of these deals.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post

Not quite, it's a % of any profit on the deal. We definitely got a good chunk when Burnley sold Fletch to Wolves & I'm pretty sure we also gained when he moved on to Sunderland. However all these deals depend on the club to whom we sell a player also negotiating a sell on deal. The higher the fee paid is, the less likely there is to be a sell on fee. eg if Villa sell SJM on for £60m then we'll be entitled to x% of approx £57m. However the gravy train will probably stop there as; 1) Villa may not be able to negotiate a sell on fee with United and 2) SJM's value is unlikely to rise after that next contract.
    PS, I recognise that with us having only paid about £100k for SJM, what you say above is largely correct, I'm just clarifying the principle of these deals.
    That is exactly what I said. The reason St Mirren are getting money is because they negotiated a clause with Hibs. If its % of profit or any money or whatever. Hibs may be a % of profit, St Mirrens may be a % of any money made. Or vice versa. There is no set in stone way these things work.

Coaching Staff
    That is exactly what I said. The reason St Mirren are getting money is because they negotiated a clause with Hibs. If its % of profit or any money or whatever. Hibs may be a % of profit, St Mirrens may be a % of any money made. Or vice versa. There is no set in stone way these things work.
    ISTR that Didier Drogba had written into any deal in his career that his first junior team got a %age of the deal. They benefited several times during his career.

Blog Entries
    Every deal I have heard about involves a % of profit. If you buy a player for £10m and sell him for £5m you're not going to add to your loss by paying a % of the money received.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Every deal I have heard about involves a % of profit. If you buy a player for £10m and sell him for £5m you're not going to add to your loss by paying a % of the money received.
    Yeah. Its not as common but no reason it couldn't be in there. Deals now, especially bigger one, have all kids of addons and clauses.

Coutinho deal had a clause that Barcelona would have to pay Liverpool an extra 50 million or something if they signed a player from them in the next 4 years.

@hibs.net private member
    We cannot begrudge St Mirren a sell on fee. We have/will do very from McGinn.

Like it or not, London is one of the best cities in the world. Far better than Birmingham. By far.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    We cannot begrudge St Mirren a sell on fee. We have/will do very from McGinn.

Like it or not, London is one of the best cities in the world. Far better than Birmingham. By far.
    It’s also further away from Clydebank.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I'm sure that when Andy Robertson signed for Liverpool, his boys' club or junior team still got a wee handout even though he has had a few moves.

How will a new manager effect our recruitment?

You imagine a lot of work has been in place since the summer for not it to potentially be worthless.

I get our new man will be a head coach and not have full control.

However he will have the final say and could want a completely different type of player. He will also want a period of settling in to assess what we have.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    How will a new manager effect our recruitment?

You imagine a lot of work has been in place since the summer for not it to potentially be worthless.

I get our new man will be a head coach and not have full control.

However he will have the final say and could want a completely different type of player. He will also want a period of settling in to assess what we have.
    Ian Gordons well aware of who hes signing to manage

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I'm sure that when Andy Robertson signed for Liverpool, his boys' club or junior team still got a wee handout even though he has had a few moves.
    FIFA solidarity payment rules ensure every team involved in a players youth development receive a % of any future transfer fees. The amount received is calculated by a formula taking into account time spent with the club, the age the player was at the time and the level of the club.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    So who’s choosing the players in January now?