hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Hibs 100

Hibs 100

Noticed last night that the Hibs 100 'Roll of honour' is no longer in the Famous Five concourse, anyone know where it has been relocated to?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Noticed last night that the Hibs 100 'Roll of honour' is no longer in the Famous Five concourse, anyone know where it has been relocated to?
    Most of my family and our supporters club are on this, hope it has not been binned! Maybe being refurbished?

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    I noticed the plaque had been removed a couple of seasons ago so I tried finding out where it had been relocated to.
    I didn't make any progress with my efforts, which was disappointing, so I hope it can be found and installed in a nice prominent position again.

KP, can you maybe help with this bud.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    I noticed the plaque had been removed a couple of seasons ago so I tried finding out where it had been relocated to.
    I didn't make any progress with my efforts, which was disappointing, so I hope it can be found and installed in a nice prominent position again.

GGTTH
    I e-mailed Kieran this morning to ask if he could find out as we have family names there as well. I’ll let you know if I get a reply.

I have a couple of family members names on there as well. Haven't been for a look at it for years but always just assumed it would be a permanent fixture.

Hopefully this is just a temporary move and any confusion can be cleared up.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Yip - same here. Be good to know if it’s been moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Badge View Post
    I e-mailed Kieran this morning to ask if he could find out as we have family names there as well. I’ll let you know if I get a reply.
    Cheers Badge 👍

GGTTH

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Badge View Post

GGTTH
    Thanks for flagging this.

I’m aware of the Hibs 100 board, seen it lots of time in my youth too when a season ticket holder in the Famous Five Stand, usually hung around it at half time.

I do know the club felt the FF lower stand wasn’t the best location for it a couple of years ago, in the main it was down to restrictions in who can gain access to that stand on a matchday to see it (families, youth and children only) and linked with the upgrade in area for the family zone. There is a desire to find a better location for it but I don’t believe anyone is owning that piece of work at the moment.

I’ll pick this up with the club and see if I can take ownership of it to get it back on display.

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post

I’m aware of the Hibs 100 board, seen it lots of time in my youth too when a season ticket holder in the Famous Five Stand, usually hung around it at half time.

I do know the club felt the FF lower stand wasn’t the best location for it a couple of years ago, in the main it was down to restrictions in who can gain access to that stand on a matchday to see it (families, youth and children only) and linked with the upgrade in area for the family zone. There is a desire to find a better location for it but I don’t believe anyone is owning that piece of work at the moment.

I’ll pick this up with the club and see if I can take ownership of it to get it back on display.
    Cheers Kieran, please keep us posted.

Many thanks for the update KP
    I have to wonder who actually decided to remove the plaque during the FF lower upgrade, store it and just forget about it with no thought about the fans who had paid out 100 quid a pop to have their relatives names in display on the board.
    Let's just hope it was a one off, historical error of judgement eh

GGTTH

GGTTH

Have to say, you always come across very well on here and seem to take the role in your stride. Well done sir. No disrespect to your predecessors, but surely you're a shoe in for the role for the foreseeable. Hope so.

On a similar topic, where is the HSL Founder Members Board located?
    possibly in the West Stand?
    Anyone know?

Might be worth speaking to Derek Douglas.

Many thanks for the update KP
    I have to wonder who actually decided to remove the plaque during the FF lower upgrade, store it and just forget about it with no thought about the fans who had paid out 100 quid a pop to have their relatives names in display on the board.
    Let's just hope it was a one off, historical error of judgement eh

GGTTH
    Yes, very disappointing lack of thought.
    Hopefully it can be located ASAP,and restored to a suitable location.

@hibs.net private member

Thanks Keiran. Just to echo that my elderly Dad recently asked someone working at the ground for an update on where the board was going. He was assured that someone would look into it and get back to him that week. Needless to say, nothing.

The Hibs 100 plaques predated the wall stones and other initiatives and indeed predates two of the newer stands but it would be nice if it was restored somewhere within the Famous Five Stand, on the premise that the monies donated were a specific donation towards the building of that stand.

At the time we assured the names (which actually include some names in Hibs history such as Lawrie Reilly) were to be on display in perpetuity (I can still remember Dougie Cromb's letter!). Even if downstairs maybe isn't the best place for it, surely the boards could be relocated in the upper concourse.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    Might be worth speaking to Derek Douglas.
    Funny Derek mentioned this a few weeks ago. They’ve located it, but no idea why it was taken from the North, unless it was safety thing during Covid

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlad View Post
    Thanks Keiran. Just to echo that my elderly Dad recently asked someone working at the ground for an update on where the board was going. He was assured that someone would look into it and get back to him that week. Needless to say, nothing.

The Hibs 100 plaques predated the wall stones and other initiatives and indeed predates two of the newer stands but it would be nice if it was restored somewhere within the Famous Five Stand, on the premise that the monies donated were a specific donation towards the building of that stand.

At the time we assured the names (which actually include some names in Hibs history such as Lawrie Reilly) were to be on display in perpetuity (I can still remember Dougie Cromb's letter!). Even if downstairs maybe isn't the best place for it, surely the boards could be relocated in the upper concourse.
    My recollection is that it was a plea to donate at least £100 towards saving the club at the time of the mercer attack. Donating was nothing whatsoever to do with the stand. The money was never used for what it was given for as the club was saved and the club did not know what to do with it. It may subsequently have been used in the later rebuilding of the ground but to say it was donated for that purpose is a gross distortion of history. I don’t think the donations, and the subsequent recognition really have any real connection with the famous 5 concourse.
    318BC5E8-CAD1-43CB-AF53-7934FB9DF297.jpg

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    My recollection is that it was a plea to donate at least £100 towards saving the club at the time of the mercer attack. Donating was nothing whatsoever to do with the stand. The money was never used for what it was given for as the club was saved and the club did not know what to do with it. It may subsequently have been used in the later rebuilding of the ground but to say it was donated for that purpose is a gross distortion of history. I don’t think the donations, and the subsequent recognition really have any real connection with the famous 5 concourse.
    Hibs 100 was definitely a donation toward the construction of the end stands.

When the scheme was launched, donators were promised that their name would be placed in a "roll of honour" that would be displayed at ER.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

When the scheme was launched, donators were promised that their name would be placed in a "roll of honour" that would be displayed at ER.
    That's right. It was launched when the club decided against moving to Straiton and to build new stands instead.

@hibs.net private member
    Definitely no gross distortion by me. Absolutely nothing to do with Mercer whatsoever which was 1990. The donation was around late 1995 just after the stand was built. The promise was specifically a "Roll of Honour" to be displayed of those who contributed.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlad View Post
    Definitely no gross distortion by me. Absolutely nothing to do with Mercer whatsoever which was 1990. The donation was around late 1995 just after the stand was built. The promise was specifically a "Roll of Honour" to be displayed of those who contributed.
    https://thehiblog.files.wordpress.co...ands011294.jpg

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Oops I may be getting old and mixing things up but I did not recall having donated a penny towards any rebuild. I do recall queueing up in the bank to donate in response to the ‘takeover’ attempt. I do remember Hibs had donated cash but then did not know what to do with it.

I presume that I may have donated with straiton avoidance in mind but I suspect that there is something in my recollection that Cromb did not know what to do with the funds - hence I disconnect the stand and the donation in my mind - because Farmer paid the costs of the rebuild leaving no immediate use for the funds??

@hibs.net private member
    Oops I may be getting old and mixing things up but I did not recall having donated a penny towards any rebuild. I do recall queueing up in the bank to donate in response to the ‘takeover’ attempt. I do remember Hibs had donated cash but then did not know what to do with it.

I presume that I may have donated with straiton avoidance in mind but I suspect that there is something in my recollection that Cromb did not know what to do with the funds - hence I disconnect the stand and the donation in my mind - because Farmer paid the costs of the rebuild leaving no immediate use for the funds??
    I think so yes. The original "plea" was that the £100 was to support the build (and the Roll of Honour an incentive for doing so) but the original plans were for something more Barr-basic, say like Rugby Park. Sir Tom Farmer then funded the more lavish nature of the stands, the lounges etc. and the money (about £250k) was still sitting there. Possibly planned to fund a museum within the stand which as we all know never happened.

Probably accurate to say that the excercise was to get cash in to support the building of the stands, but equally valid that the stands would have still been built without it.