hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisbet

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There doesn't appear to be any chance of him "playing his way" out of this form. He needs taken out for a few weeks, maybe even train with the kids. Make him understand that his attitude needs to change immediately.

You have to question his team mates here aswell. I've noticed Porteous giving him a few rockets but someone should be getting hold off him and letting him know he's taking the p*ss. Sadly it doesn't seem we have the characters in there to demand some basic standards. Disappointing all round.
    A few of us noticed at the game last night when Nisbet went down after a knock in the 2nd half our players never really bothered about him or went over to see if he was OK?

We thought that was rather odd.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I've never understood the hype.

Technically I think he's good and he's a good finisher. Other than that he's awful.

His hold-up play is atrocious. If the ball is played into him back to goal and a defender is within touching distance of him 9 times out of 10 he will lose it. If the ball into him isn't perfect, he won't even bother putting a challenge.

His movement is appalling. Everytime a cross comes into the box he just waits. No front post runs, no back post runs. He pretty much just stands still.

I was gutted we never sold him in January. I'm still stunned Birmingham put in a bid as high as they did.
    He moves? I thought my stream had stuck last night until i noticed it was only him that was not moving.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He moves? I thought my stream had stuck last night until i noticed it was only him that was not moving.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    He rivals Kamberi for his on field attitude

We should take whatever we can get for him in January and bring someone in that actually wants to try for the team

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Sure.

The problem is, he looks like he’s not trying, and he has previous for not trying.
    Does he have previous for not trying? Don't know enough about his time with other teams. Did he go in the huff at pars when we didn't get him in transfer window?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Defending starts from the front. A strikers role is more than just putting the ball in the net these days. You have to press off the ball and make sure you keep your shape or it puts the whole team out of kilter. He isn't doing that right now and it is badly impacting the rest of the team. He isn't working hard enough for whatever reason.
    Kyogo was constantly putting our defenders under pressure and it resulted in a few mistakes and opportunities created. It doesn't always work but it makes the defenders always second guess how much time they have on the ball.

I was annoyed by how little pressure we put on Hart who is a terrible goalie with his feet, Nisbet was just standing back and the few times we did put him under pressure it was Boyle or someone else pushing forward from midfield while Nisbet just marked the centre half with his hands up his sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    He rivals Kamberi for his on field attitude

We should take whatever we can get for him in January and bring someone in that actually wants to try for the team
    Genuinely think that going to Rangers has amplified the perceived poor attitude Kamberi had. It wasn’t great, absolutely, but I genuinely think Nisbets is a lot worse than Kamberi’s ever was at Hibs.

Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest to see Nisbets career to the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Defended him a lot before but definitely running out of patience now. We looked no worse off when he was off the park last night.
    That is kind of where I am thought there were reasons for his poor performance previously in terms of not being suited to play up front however last night was so poor. Giving away the ball and then putting in little effort to win it back for the third goal to just not showing at all. Gullan showed more in the 20 mins or so he was on and should start centrally on Saturday.

A year ago since he lost his Dad. Rightly or wrongly, football probably isn't the first thing on his mind.

Doesn't exactly help hibs and Ross isn't in a place where he can afford to help Kevin through any issues, he needs him to start scoring again.

KNs hibs career is a weird one. Scored plenty goals, got caps, played at a Euros. Yet many hibs fans don't rate or like him and he doesn't do much to endear himself to the club. It's a strange one.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Add Gogic, Hanlon and Drey Wright to the exit list for me. Not good enough at this level / anymore.

Huge January window ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Hatrick View Post
    Genuinely think that going to Rangers has amplified the perceived poor attitude Kamberi had. It wasn’t great, absolutely, but I genuinely think Nisbets is a lot worse than Kamberi’s ever was at Hibs.

Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest to see Nisbets career to the same way.
    This. I'd take Kamberi over Nisbet every day of the week.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I’m hoping he’s playing through an injury otherwise his contribution just now is pretty pathetic.

One year today since his dad died, wonder how much that is playing on his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeejeebies View Post
    Bad run of results at the moment but I don't see the need for the Kevin Nisbet pile on.

He looks low on confidence which is affecting his decision-making. He's far from alone in that respect. To compound matters, we don't have the luxury of taking him out the firing line due to our lack of options in that department. That's our own doing.

I agree he needs to contribute more but words like hate being banded about, comparisons to Florian Kamberi, who showed real contempt for the club, all a bit unnecessary imo.
    Lacking in confidence or not, the least we expect is some energy and fight for the jersey on his back, stinking attitude and been like that since his non move in January.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Let's be honest, his involvement at the 3rd goal was that bad its fining territory

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Nisbet is constantly 'buffering' on most of my Hibs TV streams I've watched this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This. I'd take Kamberi over Nisbet every day of the week.
    At least he could actually run.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Does he have previous for not trying? Don't know enough about his time with other teams. Did he go in the huff at pars when we didn't get him in transfer window?

No we signed from Dunfermline.

He broke through at PT. But he admitted himself that he didn’t do himself justice and his career progression was slowed.

It's been like playing with 10 men for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    No we signed from Dunfermline.

He broke through at PT. But he admitted himself that he didn’t do himself justice and his career progression was slowed.
    He was at Hibs as a youth.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer1875 View Post
    Add Gogic, Hanlon and Drey Wright to the exit list for me. Not good enough at this level / anymore.

Huge January window ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mental to see Hanlon’s name in lists like these.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    The pars fans I spoke to when we signed him said he barely tried a leg for them after we’d failed to sign him in the January.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Mental to see Hanlon’s name in lists like these.
    It is, but he can’t hide from the fact that he’s been mince over the past 3 weeks - arguably as big a disappointment as anyone bar Nisbet.

Nisbet, Hanlon and Newell are the 3 who have been furthest from the standards expected, or from the standards they have previously set.

The others mentioned are squad players whose strengths and weaknesses we know all about.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    One year today since his dad died, wonder how much that is playing on his mind.
    I understand the anniversary would be tough but what about every other game prior to this? He's been rank in all of them bar Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It is, but he can’t hide from the fact that he’s been mince over the past 3 weeks - arguably as big a disappointment as anyone bar Nisbet.

Nisbet, Hanlon and Newell are the 3 who have been furthest from the standards expected, or from the standards they have previously set.

The others mentioned are squad players whose strengths and weaknesses we know all about.
    Throughout his career Hanlon has went through these peaks and troughs in form. It's likely the reason he's never played at a higher level.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    The pars fans I spoke to when we signed him said he barely tried a leg for them after we’d failed to sign him in the January.
    It's concerning that he seems to be exhibiting a character trait that has manifested previously in similar circumstances.

I think we have all encountered people, whether it be family, friends or work colleagues, who are lazy, work-shy, petulant etc. I've never known anyone to change.

He’s been poor. He’ll know that himself. But some of the comments in this thread are piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    He’s been poor. He’ll know that himself. But some of the comments in this thread are piss poor.
    He's not been poor he's been piss poor!

He'll know he isn't trying a leg which is also piss poor.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Players can be off form, it happens to every player.

Not trying is different to being off form.

He's a waste of space along with the rest of the team. They are a disgrace to the jersey.

If we didn't have Boyle, we'd be in big trouble. Time for Ron to start showing some leadership because we are rudderless right now.