hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisbet

Quote Originally Posted by hibsitis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does it say about Ross that he can't sort Nisbet's attitude?

Nothing. As with all players, their attitude is down to themselves.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I know for a fact his attitude and laziness isn’t just limited to games. He could do so much more and take care of himself so much better to really reach his potential.

I fear we may have missed the boat cashing in on him as on current form yous struggle to commands 7 figures. Needs to give himself a massive shake.

If so that’s a great shame.

He spoke convincingly about regretting his lack of application at Patrick Thistle, but maybe he’s just not learned his lesson.

@hibs.net private member
    Want to see the side that finished the game last night start on Saturday. The young players put in a good shift second half. They may make mistakes but at least they will give it a go. Nisbet needs to sit in the stand and contemplate what might have been
    Last edited by CentreLine; 28-10-2021 at 07:31 AM.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Needs dropped regardless of who comes in.

Testimonial Due
    I would play Gary's son ahead of KN.

The amount of times balls come into the box and he's standing on his heels is infuriating! A lone striker should attack the front post, it's schoolboy stuff, and if he doesn't even know that then that's frightening. So, so poor!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Prob get his move to the champ or league 1 in January with any luck in Scotland though on this form

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Is he badly out of form or just not actually that good, accept he scored a lot of goals in the first part of last season but since january he has been poor

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    Is he badly out of form or just not actually that good, accept he scored a lot of goals in the first part of last season but since january he has been poor
    He's miles off where he was last season. He's a good player. If he wasn't that good I could probably accept it more.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He's miles off where he was last season. He's a good player. If he wasn't that good I could probably accept it more.
    As i say he is probably just out of form but im struggling to see now what he adds, not seeing him play last year apart from tv has certainly made me think differently about him

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    I know for a fact his attitude and laziness isn’t just limited to games. He could do so much more and take care of himself so much better to really reach his potential.

I fear we may have missed the boat cashing in on him as on current form yous struggle to commands 7 figures. Needs to give himself a massive shake.
    Heard the same. He’s one of the few who doesn’t fo any extra gym work off their own back.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Hindsight's a great thing, but had Doidge not been injured Nisbet's season up until now might have been completely different.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    Heard the same. He’s one of the few who doesn’t fo any extra gym work off their own back.
    There are sometimes reasons players don't do a lot of gym work maybe carrying an injury which given his recent efforts may be the case, only guessing. Whatever what he is contributing is nowhere near good enough Murphy cut inside last night looking for either Nisbet to come short or run in behind he did neither. Nowhere near good enough. Would start Gullan through the middle on Saturday and also Campbell with Murphy and Boyle wide.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    There are sometimes reasons players don't do a lot of gym work maybe carrying an injury which given his recent efforts may be the case, only guessing. Whatever what he is contributing is nowhere near good enough Murphy cut inside last night looking for either Nisbet to come short or run in behind he did neither. Nowhere near good enough. Would start Gullan through the middle on Saturday and also Campbell with Murphy and Boyle wide.

Sure.

The problem is, he looks like he’s not trying, and he has previous for not trying.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Hindsight's a great thing, but had Doidge not been injured Nisbet's season up until now might have been completely different.
    I seriously doubt it, the guy just looks like he doesn’t want to be here.

Gullan in his short spell last night looked far better than nisbet

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Who would want him now, and who would pay money for him? He's another along with Newell who just prance around like show ponies doing the square root of nothing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Who would want him now, and who would pay money for him? He's another along with Newell who just prance around like show ponies doing the square root of nothing.
    Show pony is a great description of him.

He is a complete prima dona.

What's his goal scoring record this season by the way?

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Defended him a lot before but definitely running out of patience now. We looked no worse off when he was off the park last night.

Josh Campbell coming on last night highlighted the guys obvious “laziness” he’s pranced around like he can’t be bothered for a while…

First Team Breakthrough hibsitis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Nothing. As with all players, their attitude is down to themselves.
    So are we really saying we have no expectation of managers to motivate players?

His drop off in performances has been one of the most dramatic I can remember.

Admittedly having Doidge out has not helped but for an international player who was touted as being worth millions only a few months back he needs to do far far more.

@hibs.net private member
    I was at the game last night and I thought Nesbit looked overweight as well. Could’ve been the angle I was at but we were right at pitch side so saw at close range how poor he was

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    His drop off in performances has been one of the most dramatic I can remember.

Admittedly having Doidge out has not helped but for an international player who was touted as being worth millions only a few months back he needs to do far far more.
    He's put Lawrence Shankland to shame.

Defending starts from the front. A strikers role is more than just putting the ball in the net these days. You have to press off the ball and make sure you keep your shape or it puts the whole team out of kilter. He isn't doing that right now and it is badly impacting the rest of the team. He isn't working hard enough for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    I was at the game last night and I thought Nesbit looked overweight as well. Could’ve been the angle I was at but we were right at pitch side so saw at close range how poor he was
    Personally I don't think he's overweight. He's got a slightly heavier build but I think that's just natural for him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Personally I don't think he's overweight. He's got a slightly heavier build but I think that's just natural for him.
    Ah ok fair enough. Still no excuse for his lack of application though!

I’ve been watching Hibs since 1964, and I don’t believe I’ve ever felt about another Hibs player the way I feel about Nisbet.

After the Cup Final, I never wanted to see him in a Hibs jersey again. Irrespective of potential transfers, and our lack of strikers, he should be dropped, because his effect on the team is now negative- less than zero.

Hungry, energetic young guys will at least contribute positively. Even the loyal Steve Clarke must be looking at Watt and Brophy - two proper football players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    I've never understood the hype.

Technically I think he's good and he's a good finisher. Other than that he's awful.

His hold-up play is atrocious. If the ball is played into him back to goal and a defender is within touching distance of him 9 times out of 10 he will lose it. If the ball into him isn't perfect, he won't even bother putting a challenge.

His movement is appalling. Everytime a cross comes into the box he just waits. No front post runs, no back post runs. He pretty much just stands still.

I was gutted we never sold him in January. I'm still stunned Birmingham put in a bid as high as they did.

There doesn't appear to be any chance of him "playing his way" out of this form. He needs taken out for a few weeks, maybe even train with the kids. Make him understand that his attitude needs to change immediately.

You have to question his team mates here aswell. I've noticed Porteous giving him a few rockets but someone should be getting hold off him and letting him know he's taking the p*ss. Sadly it doesn't seem we have the characters in there to demand some basic standards. Disappointing all round.

I think Nisbet is a good player, I think he has the potential to be a very good player but he is way off that at the moment. He doesn't suit being the loan striker and he was clearly frustrated last night as he turned into Ross Chisholm spending more time pointing than actually running or doing anything productive.

I think the main issue just now is his overall fitness levels, that's then impacting positioning, touch and game intelligence from both a defensive and an offensive perspective.

The coaching team need to work out what's going on (mentally and/or physically). I think dropping him for a couple of games will allow him to realise that even with Doidge injured he is not automatically going to be picked and he needs to then focus on getting those fitness levels up and getting his mind back in the game.

Other clubs as well as us were putting him in the 7 figure bracket and I think that is still a reasonable expectation but he needs to start to be more impactful (again) sooner rather than later.

Time for SDG to put the arm round the shoulder (or kick him in the ass).