hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Never seen any men or women getting stopped at the east for bags, stewards just search them.

Regarding spot checks, bit of a farce tbh. If you don't have a vaccine passport and get stopped, they're not going to take you're ticket off you (especially if its digital) so surely anyone with half a brain will just nip to the next turnstile and chance it there?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never seen any men or women getting stopped at the east for bags, stewards just search them.

Regarding spot checks, bit of a farce tbh. If you don't have a vaccine passport and get stopped, they're not going to take you're ticket off you (especially if its digital) so surely anyone with half a brain will just nip to the next turnstile and chance it there?

No doubt. I think if I was bringing the kids to a match I’d bring a rucksack as usual. But it does give some jobsworth licence to start off your visit to ER on a sour note.

Can't believe folk are not more resourceful to be able to get a couple of items into the ground for themselves or their kids in the highly unlikely event they are refused admission. Also given it is once again freezing at the football everyone will be wearing their coats so other than a little food and a couple of bits and pieces for their kids, which could go in a Hibs carrier bag, what are folk bringing to the football that would be an issue?
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 27-10-2021 at 10:08 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Can't believe folk are not more resourceful to be able to get a couple of items into the ground for themselves or their kids in the highly unlikely event they are refused admission. Also given it is once again freezing at the football everyone will be wearing their coats so other than a little food and a couple of bits and pieces for their kids, which could go in a Hibs carrier bag, what are folk bringing to the football that would be an issue?

I had my phone, mask, paper vaccine cert, paper ticket, my passport, bunch of keys and a packet of tissues. Women's coats have small pockets because its assumed we carry bags. I didn't have/know about nor want to carry it in a hibs carrier bag . Its a pain in the backside and totally unnecessary. It's not the biggest issue in the world by any means but I do know a lot of people used to go to the games before nightshift and carry their uniform in a bag. There's lots of reasons for people to take a bag in.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    I had my phone, mask, paper vaccine cert, paper ticket, my passport, bunch of keys and a packet of tissues. Women's coats have small pockets because its assumed we carry bags. I didn't have/know about nor want to carry it in a hibs carrier bag . Its a pain in the backside and totally unnecessary. It's not the biggest issue in the world by any means but I do know a lot of people used to go to the games before nightshift and carry their uniform in a bag. There's lots of reasons for people to take a bag in.
    I can't see any way in the world that you wouldn't get into the ground with a bag of a size required to carry the small and essential items you describe.
    You could even put it under your coat until you get inside if you think it might be an issue.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I can't see any way in the world that you wouldn't get into the ground with a bag of a size required to carry the small and essential items you describe.
    You could even put it under your coat until you get inside if you think it might be an issue.

I think you are deliberately missing the point.

@hibs.net private member

At the time I was under the belief bags weren't allowed at all as that was the last communication I'd seen so did stuff my pockets as best I could . Who wants to sit at the fitba holding their passport and phone for no good reason though?

are females allowed handbags? if so men can take a small man bag else we'd have a case for sexual discrimination

with phones, wallets, keys, gum, vape/juice et all pockets get rather full, could also get any medication etc in there too , never mind the summer when your in your shorts and no jacket

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Someone next to us got in with a golf umbrella.

Not sure how that's any less dangerous than a handbag.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Someone next to us got in with a golf umbrella.

Not sure how that's any less dangerous than a handbag.
    You must have been sitting next to me 😁

Usual in the famous five upper tho, 4 or 5 guys all in a row climbing the stairs with rucksacks on their backs

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Were they expecting some kind of terrorism incident?
    the covid problem prompted the no bags ruling
    Hibs presented this prior to the league
    starting up again. it was part of the convirrgulations but I'm sure it has been lifted now?

Anyone know if there are any restrictions on bags at Hampden tomorrow?
    I'm assuming this nonsense is just a Hibs policy.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/returning-to-hampden-park-information/

That's the sfa, who owns Hampden. No bag larger than A4
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/returning-to-hampden-park-information/

That's the sfa, who owns Hampden. No bag larger than A4
    Appears to be "guideline", rather than "rule", I was at the Denmark game on Monday & though I didn't notice any bags, there were plenty big flags which must have been carried in bags bigger than A4.

Appears to be "guideline", rather than "rule", I was at the Denmark game on Monday & though I didn't notice any bags, there were plenty big flags which must have been carried in bags bigger than A4.
    https://spfl.co.uk/league/league-cup/regulations

https://www.hampdenpark.co.uk/visito...d-regulations/

Not going to read it, but friends who are Saints fans had no issues today, so all good.

Not going to read it, but friends who are Saints fans had no issues today, so all good.
    Gotta love modern life.

Person A asks a question on an INTERNET forum.

Person B goes on the internet and provides an answer.

Person A responds saying thanks for your answer, I'm not going to bother reading it.

What a time to be alive!

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Gotta love modern life.

Person A asks a question on an INTERNET forum.

Person B goes on the internet and provides an answer.

Person A responds saying thanks for your answer, I'm not going to bother reading it.

What a time to be alive!
    It's not only the laziness of not finding the answer themselves but when provided with the source of information they need they choose to ignore it.

I'm almost hoping that they are stopped and searched and miss the game. ( not really but it's the way of forums 😉)

I'm not sure that providing a link to the rules is the same as helpfully answering the question with a simple yes/no.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

They'd better allow Bags inside the stadium today... I've bought my Missus a ticket!
    Last edited by Keith_M; 21-11-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I'm not sure that providing a link to the rules is the same as helpfully answering the question with a simple yes/no.
    Why should someone else be expected to read the rules and give the answer but the person who wants to know isn't?

Its not nonsense. Not allowed at most grounds now. Hampden included. Live with it.

Why should someone else be expected to read the rules and give the answer but the person who wants to know isn't?
    Simple courtesy if you already know the answer.

That's what happens in real life, so there's no reason not to behave similarly on a message board with a fellow fan.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Simple courtesy if you already know the answer.

That's what happens in real life, so there's no reason not to behave similarly on a message board with a fellow fan.
    I don't know the answer, but I do know where to find it. Google and other search engines are quite useful.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Its not nonsense. Not allowed at most grounds now. Hampden included. Live with it.
    That's the spirit, just accept anything regardless of the logic. And as expected people were able to attend both semis without any issues despite what is stated in the guidance, possibly to the disappointment of those who felt need to make smart arse comments here.