hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

Bags/Rucksacks/Handbags in the stadium

What is the situation with this now ? Pretty sure a few weeks ago we were not allowed any baggage into the stadium , So me and my 2 adult kids have had to leave stuff at home which is such an inconvenience !! As it's stuff we need at the time , Then the last few weeks i have seen loads of people climbing up the stairs to their seats with huge rucksacks on their back

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Seen quite a few bags getting checked going into the east so must be allowed to take them

I take a backpack for my daughter every week.

It's never been checked once this season never mind entry refused. You'll be fine.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

At worst you'll get searched about 50% of the time. Never seen or heard anyone ever being stopped from taking a bag in.

Just with the 30 year anniversary on Wednesday for the League cup email i got encouraging you to take memorabilia to get signed at the club shop before the game , Ehm where are went to put it

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At worst you'll get searched about 50% of the time. Never seen or heard anyone ever being stopped from taking a bag in.
    Pretty sure a couple of posters on here were refused entry into the West with handbags at the start of the season

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Pretty sure a couple of posters on here were refused entry into the West with handbags at the start of the season
    Yeah, but those particular posters had history on here.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Defo mate - guy I seen earlier in season had a backpack with stuff for kids in it and was told he couldn't bring it in to West by a steward. It led to a heated discussion, I'm not sure what they ended up doing...

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Defo mate - guy I seen earlier in season had a backpack with stuff for kids in it and was told he couldn't bring it in to West by a steward. It led to a heated discussion, I'm not sure what they ended up doing...
    And that's my problem ! It's not stuff i can chuck away , If i get refused entry i will be going home , defo need clarification on what you are allowed into the stadium

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    And that's my problem ! It's not stuff i can chuck away , If i get refused entry i will be going home , defo need clarification on what you are allowed into the stadium
    My mum gets in with a wee bag - shes never had any problems with that...

I offered my rucksack, containing only a lightweight rain jacket, for checking to a steward three weeks ago. I have previously gone through this procedure at other games, He quite politely told me I would not be allowed to enter the stadium with it. I checked with another steward to be told the same thing. I have since emailed the club twice at seven day intervals pointing out that I had neither been drinking nor abused the stewards and that they were obviously only carrying out instructions. I asked when the policy had been changed, why no official announcement was communicated to season ticket holders( or indeed supporters in general) and where the policy is displayed at the stadium.
    I have yet to receive recognition of my enquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by twiceinathens View Post
    I offered my rucksack, containing only a lightweight rain jacket, for checking to a steward three weeks ago. I have previously gone through this procedure at other games, He quite politely told me I would not be allowed to enter the stadium with it. I checked with another steward to be told the same thing. I have since emailed the club twice at seven day intervals pointing out that I had neither been drinking nor abused the stewards and that they were obviously only carrying out instructions. I asked when the policy had been changed, why no official announcement was communicated to season ticket holders( or indeed supporters in general) and where the policy is displayed at the stadium.
    I have yet to receive recognition of my enquiries.
    See this is my issue , It's not good enough some folk getting in and some not , We need clarification about this , All it takes is getting the wrong steward that refuses you entry

I have also emailed the club many many times about what's allowed in but no answer , Zilch nada zero

@hibs.net private member
    I was moaning last week about this very thing. I was coming in by bus and had to carry my phone, keys, paper covid cert, my ID which for me is a passport and a packet of tissues. I couldn't bring a bag and women's pockets are much smaller than men's generally so I was struggling. I'd seen women with handbags the previous game but it would just be my luck to be refused . I even had to leave my lipgloss at home

I've been a couple of times straight from work and had to take my laptop in a rucksack and never been refused entry. I always walked straight up to the steward and told them what it was and why I had to bring it.

However, it would be nice to know if the rules have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    I was moaning last week about this very thing. I was coming in by bus and had to carry my phone, keys, paper covid cert, my ID which for me is a passport and a packet of tissues. I couldn't bring a bag and women's pockets are much smaller than men's generally so I was struggling. I'd seen women with handbags the previous game but it would just be my luck to be refused . I even had to leave my lipgloss at home
    What has changed in recent years , Is it covid related ? We were always allowed in with bags , Granted a bag search but we were always allowed in

What has changed in recent years , Is it covid related ? We were always allowed in with bags , Granted a bag search but we were always allowed in
    There were pre-match warnings from Hibs before a couple of games earlier this season where they said absolutely no bags or rucksacks were allowed but nothing more recently which makes me think this rule's been quietly relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    There were pre-match warnings from Hibs before a couple of games earlier this season where they said absolutely no bags or rucksacks were allowed but nothing more recently which makes me think this rule's been quietly relaxed.

Were they expecting some kind of terrorism incident?

@hibs.net private member
    I had 2 trains of thought. First being covid to keep the stewards at a distance and not searching your bag and second its the norm in the States and I wondered if it was our new owner and his team? Whatever it is it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Were they expecting some kind of terrorism incident?
    I think it was claimed to be partly down to Covid-19 protocols.

I think it was claimed to be partly down to Covid-19 protocols.

OK, cheers.

Sounds like bollocks to me, but what would I know.

OK, cheers.

Sounds like bollocks to me, but what would I know.
    This was the info page ahead of the Kilmarnock cup game under the heading "What are the Covid regulations?"

"Absolutely no rucksacks, cases etc will be allowed into the stadium. Only bags needed for medical or childcare reasons will be allowed and these can be no bigger than 30cm x 30cm. Carrier bags, including from our club store, can be folded to meet the required dimensions."

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...-of-kilmarnock

This was the info page ahead of the Kilmarnock cup game under the heading "What are the Covid regulations?"

"Absolutely no rucksacks, cases etc will be allowed into the stadium. Only bags needed for medical or childcare reasons will be allowed and these can be no bigger than 30cm x 30cm. Carrier bags, including from our club store, can be folded to meet the required dimensions."

Not a dig at you, mate. Just the logic behind some of these decisions escapes me.

Not a dig at you, mate. Just the logic behind some of these decisions escapes me.
    Yeah I do totally agree it seems crazy.

@hibs.net private member

So you can't go into the clubshop and buy a load of Xmas presents before the game unless it can be folded to 30cm x 30cm . It doesn't actually make sense. Can I bring a carrier bag with anything I want in it as long as it fits those dimensions? Or is it just clubshop stuff? Madness
    Last edited by Jay; 25-10-2021 at 08:49 PM.

So you can't go into the clubshop and buy a load of Xmas presents before the game unless it can be folded to 30cm x 30cm . Madness
    That was certainly the rule a couple of months ago but I do think things have been relaxed a bit now.

@hibs.net private member
    That was certainly the rule a couple of months ago but I do think things have been relaxed a bit now.
    Well they need to tell us. I cant risk not getting in if I take a bag ( by no means a dig at you SDG) the club need to clarify

I’m leaving the wife at home !

Well they need to tell us. I cant risk not getting in if I take a bag ( by no means a dig at you SDG) the club need to clarify
    Hopefully we get some clarification ahead of Wednesday.

100% clarification needed

The steward in the East let me in , The steward in the West checked my bag but let me in , The steward in the Famous five declined to let me in , It's not good enough , It needs to be sorted , Bags are either allowed or they are not , It shouldn't be up to the stewards discretion