hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parking No More

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I wonder what percentage of our home support drive to Easter Road?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the few occasions I’ve tried it, I don’t get home until around 7:30 on a Saturday 3pm kick off as opposed to 5:30 in the car. Plus I’ve got a bad knee so any distance walking causes me problems, if that’s ok with you. 😃
    I didnt say it wasnt, i was going to try come up solutions to help you out but you can stick it

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    2 fans, Fife

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    I didnt say it wasnt, i was going to try come up solutions to help you out but you can stick it
    Hence the smiley, I knew you didn’t mean to offend. Apologies 👍

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Zones N6 and N7 are only in operation between 08.30 and 17.30 Monday to Friday though.

Given we play on weekday evenings or weekends I don't think this will make any difference to people's ability to park near the stadium - people can park on single yellow lines or in controlled zones outwith the times listed above for N5 and N6.
    Yep, that is same as my zone so won't be an issue.

I drive in from falkirk so always available to help someone out from this area, doesnt really help woth the parking situation as ill be in the same boat but means not having to get a train or bus if you cant drive

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Hence the smiley, I knew you didn’t mean to offend. Apologies 👍
    All good👌

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Yep, that is same as my zone so won't be an issue.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I always drive and park around Leith Links.

Been thinking I might try the tram once it starts running down Leith Walk.

For the people saying public transport isn't isn't option what's stopping you parking a bit further out than you normally would and getting a bus the rest of the journey? It's not car OR bus it can be both.

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    For the people saying public transport isn't isn't option what's stopping you parking a bit further out than you normally would and getting a bus the rest of the journey? It's not car OR bus it can be both.
    My Dad will never be able to ( unfortunately) get on public transport again so its not an option for him - only way is to go by car and get close.

I think for many people though it's just the hassle, extra time involved, and extra cost. When things aren't going that great for the team and people are in two minds whether to go, the convenience of going by car could seal the deal.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Yeah, folk from west side of town or further out , park at Gyle and tram it to Leith Walk.

My Dad will never be able to ( unfortunately) get on public transport again so its not an option for him - only way is to go by car and get close.

I think for many people though it's just the hassle, extra time involved, and extra cost. When things aren't going that great for the team and people are in two minds whether to go, the convenience of going by car could seal the deal.
    Do you get to park on st clair st?

@hibs.net private member
    Way too much time bussing it in from Midlothian and the expense of the train and bus for that matter would be too much to justify. I'll maybe just be an away fan from that point and pick and choose home games unless I can park nearby. Don't mind a 10 or 15 minute walk but the council seem hell bent on making Edinburgh as terrible a place as possible for car owners to visit. They don't seem to have an issue with the tons of CO2 created by foreign visitors they are desperate to attract

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

Confused

Didn't you say that there would be no change from the current situation?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    My usual bit's not been changed, but I'm guessing people will figure out what it is and fill it up. Great.

@hibs.net private member
    What about parking in the Sainsbury’s and cutting through - a shorter distance than from Leith Walk?

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone know if the Sainsburys car park is still open after midweek games finish? Also, will it be possible to go back to that car park straight after the game on Wednesday or is access to the path that leads there blocked while the Celtic supporters leave the away end?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    Do you get to park on st clair st?
    Well yes in theory as we have a blue badge for him now. But the spaces are usually always taken. Once they were allowing people to park on Albion Place instead. I have another good place I usually aim for, but I'm unwilling to reveal where . It does mean you have to get there fairly early though.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Confused

Didn't you say that there would be no change from the current situation?
    Yes mate I did so it wont change for most I think - just responding to SC Hibs's hypothetical question though as to why people would be reluctant to drive some of the way and then get public transport the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Bathgate no more
    🤔

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Skye no more.
    🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Renton1875 View Post
    Anyone know if the Sainsburys car park is still open after midweek games finish? Also, will it be possible to go back to that car park straight after the game on Wednesday or is access to the path that leads there blocked while the Celtic supporters leave the away end?
    Car park is open. I usually go around the long way after the game can't be bothered waiting. Sure it will be open. Only been shut from Sainsburys end by police before the game once against The Rangers told it was away fans only that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    My usual bit's not been changed, but I'm guessing people will figure out what it is and fill it up. Great.
    Think I park at the same place as you, hope no one find out where it is! Want to tell me where it is just to confirm we park at the the same place?

Coaching Staff

Travelling in from Kirkcaldy it became a real pain getting to games and the journey back along Queensferry Rd, an accident waiting to happen, so I gave up my season ticket as the hassle wasn't worth it. Missed it for about 6 months then not so much, followed by Covid-19 going to ER never enters my mind TV for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Travelling in from Kirkcaldy it became a real pain getting to games and the journey back along Queensferry Rd, an accident waiting to happen, so I gave up my season ticket as the hassle wasn't worth it. Missed it for about 6 months then not so much, followed by Covid-19 going to ER never enters my mind TV for me now.
    Its a shame that but understandable.

It's really infuriating heading anywhere West or North on the way back from Easter Road just now with all the trams works etc.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Car park is open. I usually go around the long way after the game can't be bothered waiting. Sure it will be open. Only been shut from Sainsburys end by police before the game once against The Rangers told it was away fans only that way.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    A 50 mile round trip by bus and 2 mile there and back walk to the stadium would be too much for me at my age I’m afraid.

It's only half a mile from the bus stop at the corner of London Road and Easter Road, but I appreciate even that's a bit far for some people depending on age and condition.

My Dad used to walk down from Waverly Station but, at 81, that's a bit of a hike nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Same here. Fife to Easter Road is a pain in the arse these days.

Left by mutual consent!
    There’s still plenty of options around the stadium to park your car if you know the area. Lochend, Craigentinny etc. You have the option of catching the bus also.