hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Cadden not starting would be first move.

Doig at left mid. Murphy at right mid. Gullan on Bench. Boyle up front with Nisbet.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With a streamlined squad and hampered by injuries and suspensions and given that there is very little between us and our rivals in terms of quality, what would you have done differently yesterday?
    No provocation intended, you also have the benefit of hindsight.
    I can't take anyone seriously that uses the word 'and' 4 times in the one sentence, and fails to use any punctuation at the same time.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Maybe clear up the thread title then?

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Yet he was launched as the fans hated his football.
    And some of our fans want to make the same mistake here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Look at our midfield, we are incapable of pressing teams and getting them on the back foot with that lot.
    I think that is our biggest problem right now and has been for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

We are having a dip in form. Now is not the time for panic buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

It’s more than some IMO. Apathy is properly setting in, empty seats on Wednesday will show that.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Agreed. Total misnomer.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    And our manager's failure to get a tune out of his players is a contract extension?
    If half his better players aren’t available to him and the duff recruitment has left a big hole as to who can step in, is that down to the manager. You can’t always get a decent tune from a poor instrument.

Managed this morning to watch 2 thirds of Ross hibs tv interview

I just find it dull and uninspiring

Again referring to the last 18 months, players have been decent

Time to live in the present jack, the players are stale.

Get the contract offers off the table to Nisbet and start telling these boys better shape up or it’ll be big changes.

This constant protection of them isn’t getting results or even 45 minutes performance now like it did last season.

Honestly, I’d be delighted with Alex Neil if that was a realistic option.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    If half his better players aren’t available to him and the duff recruitment has left a big hole as to who can step in, is that down to the manager. You can’t always get a decent tune from a poor instrument.
    When we win he’s a good manager and when we lose it’s someone else’s fault then. He has a team, at the moment, who are a total non entity. We have nothing about us.

Recruitment was undoubtedly crap in the summer but he needs to put a team on the park who actually look like they want to do the basic things you need to do in a game of football. We’ve got a team who just go through the motions.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    It’s more than some IMO. Apathy is properly setting in, empty seats on Wednesday will show that.
    It is and I think the change in tone/amount of posters who are showing signs of it compared to the end of last season says a lot. There seems to have been a significant swing in terms of people not being happy with Hibs.

I was speaking to my mate on Friday. Him and some of his pals and family have 5 season tickets together. Most of them can’t make it every week so they just all chip in and use them when they can rather than buying a full one each. He was saying that they’ve not had more than two of them at a game at the same time all season and it’s never been because of work commitments etc. They just don’t want to go because they don’t enjoy it.

I wouldn’t stop going to the games because I’ve already paid for them by buying a season ticket. I can safely say though that I really don’t enjoy watching this Hibs team and the vast majority of games are an absolute chore to sit through. I used to go to all the away games but I’ve only been to one this season and have absolutely no desire to go to more and it’s been a good while since that’s been the case, probably since we got relegated. It was getting that way with Heckingbottom but he was only here for so few games that it never had the chance for apathy to set in.
    Last edited by Perfect Hatrick; 24-10-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Tbf to the OP, the subject of the thread is not what his post was about…it was asking what people, in hindsight, would have done differently.

Murphy on from the start, and by the looks of his short cameo, given Drey Wright more game time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I thought that Murphy and Doig should have started but in theory it was an attacking line up.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Cadden not starting would be first move.

Doig at left mid. Murphy at right mid. Gullan on Bench. Boyle up front with Nisbet.
    I don't think Jack Ross had a lot of options yesterday.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I think the empty seats can go down to a number of factors- including folk moaning about it not being 5-5 every week. Covid and cost (£33) will be part of the reason.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 24-10-2021 at 10:57 AM.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    He's partially responsible for the construction of the instrument...

This idea that our head coach just gets given players that he needs to glue together and get a tune from is an absolute fallacy. We are clearly recruiting players Jack Ross wants as we are no longer signing Newell and Doidge types from down south.

So, this "duff recruitment" being attributed to Mathie, the ether or whomever/whatever is just an excuse. Head coach decides who he wants and so has a part to play in the "duff recruitment".

He's partially responsible for the construction of the instrument...

This idea that our head coach just gets given players that he needs to glue together and get a tune from is an absolute fallacy. We are clearly recruiting players Jack Ross wants as we are no longer signing Newell and Doidge types from down south.

So, this "duff recruitment" being attributed to Mathie, the ether or whomever/whatever is just an excuse. Head coach decides who he wants and so has a part to play in the "duff recruitment".
    He is part of the process for sure. But if his requirements aren’t met, I can’t see how that is down to him. There’s a whole team at EM who are tasked with delivering the recruitment requirements. They failed this summer.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I think the empty seats can go down to a number of factors- including folk moaning about it not being 5-5 every week. Covid and cost (£33) will be part of the reason.
    Aye true. No-ones stupid enough to pay £33 to watch this hibs team.

They will be factors (pricing is another thing they’ve got wrong). Biggest factor is what folk are seeing though. Been a lack of appetite to watch this team since we got back as it is.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    If we were playing entertaining football that people had bought into these other factors would get largely ignored.

I cannae be arsed going on Wednesday night but will cos I’ve got a season ticket, not a chance I’d be buying a ticket to watch us the now though if I didn’t already have my ticket.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Whether Jack Ross is the man to take Hibs forward I'm not sure. Taking the poor recruitment and injuries to key players out of the equation, there's certainly no evidence in recent games that the players fielded are busting a gut for him. Everything has gone flat.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    He is part of the process for sure. But if his requirements aren’t met, I can’t see how that is down to him. There’s a whole team at EM who are tasked with delivering the recruitment requirements. They failed this summer.
    So in other words, the whole team are to be cleared out but a key man in the process (decision maker) is kept?

Recruitment has been poor - Jack Ross is involved in that. Team performance has been poor - Jack Ross is key man in making sure players perform.

Seriously, do people think recruitment is going to be brilliant because Mathie has left?

Do people think McGrath and McCart would fix the problems in this team?

What requirements weren't met?

So in other words, the whole team are to be cleared out but a key man in the process (decision maker) is kept?

Recruitment has been poor - Jack Ross is involved in that. Team performance has been poor - Jack Ross is key man in making sure players perform.

Seriously, do people think recruitment is going to be brilliant because Mathie has left?

Do people think McGrath and McCart would fix the problems in this team?

What requirements weren't met?

The argument that Ross holds very little to no responsibility for recruitment just doesn’t add up at all to me. There’s obviously others that also have a responsibility on that front, but he has a significant hand in what happens in terms of who and what type of players are coming in. I don’t think it’s a surprise that since we’ve got ourselves a manager with a dull persona that most of the players we are signing are of the same mould as is the football we play, much in the same way that Heckingbottom seemed to sign all a load of players from the lower leagues in England that he knew well and Lennon seemed to sign a lot of guys from an agent he knew.
    Last edited by Perfect Hatrick; 24-10-2021 at 11:34 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Aye true. No-ones stupid enough to pay £33 to watch this hibs team.
    I don’t think many would be stupid enough to pay that amount for any hibs team - including the 4 or 5 months under Lennon or the season under Mowbray.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

The empty seats eats are not down to Covid, a better performing team on the pitch would prove that instantly. The manager has no clue and his interview after yesterday’s game would appear to confirm that!!

I think not signing a natural left winger is part of the issue
    Murphy is sick note and drey Wright is never a starter

So much pressure on Boyle and any opposition manager knows manage hibs right side and your half way there

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    If we were playing entertaining football that people had bought into these other factors would get largely ignored.

I cannae be arsed going on Wednesday night but will cos I’ve got a season ticket, not a chance I’d be buying a ticket to watch us the now though if I didn’t already have my ticket.
    I’m not sure - if season tickets go up to reflect the walk up price next season I don’t think I’ll be paying it - even if we are “entertaining”. Covid numbers are interest- I think Aberdeen are claiming 35% of ST aren’t going due to it?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    The empty seats eats are not down to Covid, a better performing team on the pitch would prove that instantly. The manager has no clue and his interview after yesterday’s game would appear to confirm that!!
    When did Jason Leitch sign up for hibs.net? 😂

@hibs.net private member
    we are not a set of fans to support a manager and team through a rough patch are we….first real poor weeks of results and the vultures are well and truly circling .

The team and the manager have earned enough respect to give them a chance to sort it out for me .

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    When did Jason Leitch sign up for hibs.net? 😂

Aye yes the jokers are out in force!!!

Arguably, the most important person at a football club is the manager.

There would be no queue of suitors should JR walk away and certainly not if pushed.