hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was the same accusation made towards Dundee United fans when they dressed as Arabs?
    The Arabs thing certainly these days would / should be considered culturally insensitive.

There's 2 stories about how the name for the Utd fans came about - one relating to a sandy pitch that has been more or less rubbished and another from a fan who used to lead the signing and who looked a bit like the Egyptian leader, Nasser shouting 'I am Nasser and you are my Arabs' and it stuck. Pretty sure that's not really an appropriate way any more to represent another culture.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    The Arabs thing certainly these days would / should be considered culturally insensitive.

There's 2 stories about how the name for the Utd fans came about - one relating to a sandy pitch that has been more or less rubbished and another from a fan who used to lead the signing and who looked a bit like the Egyptian leader, Nasser shouting 'I am Nasser and you are my Arabs' and it stuck. Pretty sure that's not really an appropriate way any more to represent another culture.
    The first story was rubbished by someone who said he was told the second story by someone else. Case closed

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Some people reckon one of the reasons for Brexit was to make sure the new EU money laundering laws don't apply in the UK
    I don't think that it's obvious. The Conservatives held the anti EU brigade as nutters and fringe loons for years then the square mile was threatened by the new EU money laundering and tax evasion laws and suddenly the slime ball Cameron gets pressed by his masters to propose a referendum.

Why is the square mile not subject to parliamentary law for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Unsurprisingly, the police have confirmed that they will not be taking any action because no offence was committed.

Shockerooni!

@hibs.net private member
    I wonder if they played a certain track by The Cure.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    "Police are carrying out inquiries into a banner unveiled by Crystal Palace fans before Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Newcastle.

The banner, depicting an image of the club’s new Saudi Arabian owners, PIF, about to behead a magpie as faceless fans in the background sang: “We’ve got our club back,” was unfurled by Palace supporters before the 1-1 draw at Selhurst Park."

ARTICLE

Attachment 25227
    It gets a big thumbs up from me.

Horrible regime.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    I wonder if they played a certain track by The Cure.

Struggling to find anything else to do, the Polis have launched an investigation into your comments.

This is the inevitable precursor to issuing a statement next week saying that the investigation has been dropped as ‘no offence has been committed’.