hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nisbet

I don't think he's getting the service required tbh. In saying that I don't think he works hard enough either.

His first touch is absolutely honking.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Had one too many poor games recently to be solely down to poor service or wrong position but it is part of it. I spent today thinking someone needs to give him a boot up the arse and Scott Brown gave him one but we still never got any sort of reaction. Unfortunately no one to drop him for.

Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nisbet can’t play without Doidge. For me it’s as simple as that.

It’s no coincidence he’s best games in a Hibs jersey have been alongside Christian.

He also has a weird habit of trying to do everything first time. I actually think he’d be a handful if he just turned and drove at defences.
    dont think he has the ability to drive at defences hed lose the ball IMO defo missing doidge tho

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Passenger for months

Done alright last year without crowds for goals

Maybe he just doesn’t like playing in front of fans, seems very disinterested this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    He isn't a target man who is going to hold the ball up, that's on the club and manager for A) not getting a target man in as soon as Doidge got injured, didn't even need to be a good one, just a big lump that can hold the ball up and B) being asked to play a role that just isn't him and getting balls punted at him all day long
    He’s capable of dropping off and getting the ball. Doesn’t want to. That’s on him.

Easier to blame others.

Left by mutual consent!
    I still can’t believe he got a call up for Scotland. When you consider some of the great players that never got the shout, it’s mind blowing! He’s nowhere near international level.

He’s had a terrible season so far.

If KN wasn’t in Scotland squad I think he would’ve been on bench recently but we don’t have replacements it’s not happening for him just now

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    He’s capable of dropping off and getting the ball. Doesn’t want to. That’s on him.

Easier to blame others.
    If we are playing 1 up front you don't want you only forward dropping off too far or too often otherwise there is no focal point to the attack.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Lets just call it as we see it. He is Lazy pure and simple .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    He obviously scored a fair few goals last season but if we seen him play this way for another team at the moment we would be going nuts if we signed him or were even linked with him, id rather play boyle up front on his own, least you get some effort

I honestly can't believe he is still in the Scotland squad. Should be absolutely nowhere near it on present (6 months min) form.

I'd drive him to Birmingham if they were still miraculously still interested.

He’s hardly scored this year let alone this season.

One thing that is really annoying me is his effort or lack of.

I know some will say he still does try and his service is poor but look at this season compared to the start of last season.

The first couple of games last season I was in disbelief at how hard he worked and thought it was a massive upgrade on Kamberi. Defenders never had a seconds peace and he closed them down all of the time, he would often slide in on them or put enough pressure that they don’t get a clean connection. It was a huge part of why we were so good defensively as teams couldn’t get the ball into the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

I know some will say he still does try and his service is poor but look at this season compared to the start of last season.

The first couple of games last season I was in disbelief at how hard he worked and thought it was a massive upgrade on Kamberi. Defenders never had a seconds peace and he closed them down all of the time, he would often slide in on them or put enough pressure that they don’t get a clean connection. It was a huge part of why we were so good defensively as teams couldn’t get the ball into the midfield.
    And again we come back to the lack of depth in the squad.

The club will have all the stats and do the analysis which backs up how hard he is working (or not). The trouble is the only option we have is to encourage him and throw him back out there.

This past transfer window is showing up badly with each passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    If we are playing 1 up front you don't want you only forward dropping off too far or too often otherwise there is no focal point to the attack.
    There isn’t any focal point with what he’s doing now. Scott Brown played centre half for and hour and hardly needed to move. The one time he did need move be ended up with a booking because Nisbet actually bothered his arse to show for the ball, dropped deeper and flipped it round the corner for Boyle to run on to.

He’s spent plenty time playing up front with other people lately, 45 minutes yesterday, but pretty regularly contributes nothing. He thinks he’s better than he is because he’s in the Scotland squad. Fans just want to see a bit of effort above all else and we’re not seeing that from him just now.

Happy to be corrected but I'm sure Gordon Strachan picked up on his lack of work rate last season, and the following game was one of his best in months. That didn't last long and he slipped back into his groove the week after.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar

,,,Nailed it.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    He has been poor.

He was also the last player to score for us.

I think he is missing Doidge.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    There isn’t any focal point with what he’s doing now. Scott Brown played centre half for and hour and hardly needed to move. The one time he did need move be ended up with a booking because Nisbet actually bothered his arse to show for the ball, dropped deeper and flipped it round the corner for Boyle to run on to.

He’s spent plenty time playing up front with other people lately, 45 minutes yesterday, but pretty regularly contributes nothing. He thinks he’s better than he is because he’s in the Scotland squad. Fans just want to see a bit of effort above all else and we’re not seeing that from him just now.
    The Scotland point is interesting, as it appears that being in the Scotland squad has ruined him.

It's taken him from being a hard-working young striker who is grateful for another opportunity as he works his way up in the game to a sulky waster who looks like he thinks he's above us in a very short period of time.

I'm a big fan of the national side but I don't love the effect that getting international recognition can sometimes have on Hibs players.

Nisbet actually started the season fairly well, a bit hot and cold - until he went away with Scotland.

I reckon he'll probably turn up on Wednesday, as he'll have a few of his pals playing against him and he'd probably quite fancy a move there.

Problem for Nisbet is that a club like Celtic will scout a player very thoroughly and they'll know all about the utter pish he's serving up every week in addition to anything he might do against them on Wednesday.

In our best starting 11 hopefully he'll recapture the form he had shown previously.

@hibs.net private member
    Whilst he’s playing that lone striker role he needs to get back to doing the basics right, holding the ball up and finding a hibs player. He seems determined to attempt a world beating flick every time which never comes off. In his defence he’s being asked to play a role that’s not his natural game and our attacking support are creating very few goal scoring opportunities for him. Anyone doubting Doidge’s contribution when he’s wasn’t scoring freely need to remind themselves, when he does come back, how bang average we’ve been without him.

Nisbet has been quick to move clubs after 1 good season, Raith to Dunfermline to Hibs, was he expecting to move last January/this summer, if he did in fact hand in a transfer request then he may be slightly pissed he's still here and will go a way to explain his disinterested performances this past 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    Happy to be corrected but I'm sure Gordon Strachan picked up on his lack of work rate last season, and the following game was one of his best in months. That didn't last long and he slipped back into his groove the week after.
    I think John Collins has alluded to that as well.

Sometimes you maybe miss things - unseen work etc. but it’s very noticeable how often he seems to be caught on his heels and slow to react to stuff. You need to be perpetual motion in the modern game and too often he appears to be not running. It’s baffling - when he does chase folk down he quite often smashes them because he’s a big strong lad. He needs to start using his physical attributes and power.

You can definitely see why he’s such a strange career until now. Definitely a player who isn’t as driven as many others - he needs to start turning up every week.

I hope the new contract has been pulled off the table on current form...nowhere near deserving of an improved deal at the moment

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    If he does move it won’t be to a club where he is expected to play as a lone target man.
    If he can’t play up on his own or as part of a 3 as he does here, he’ll not get a move.

Where's the hunger? He gives up far too easily for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    Nisbet has turned into Kamberi
    The new Lawrence Shankland.

Staggering that people think Doidge coming back will be be the answer to all our problems. We are poor all over the park.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    The Scotland point is interesting, as it appears that being in the Scotland squad has ruined him.

It's taken him from being a hard-working young striker who is grateful for another opportunity as he works his way up in the game to a sulky waster who looks like he thinks he's above us in a very short period of time.

I'm a big fan of the national side but I don't love the effect that getting international recognition can sometimes have on Hibs players.

Nisbet actually started the season fairly well, a bit hot and cold - until he went away with Scotland.

I reckon he'll probably turn up on Wednesday, as he'll have a few of his pals playing against him and he'd probably quite fancy a move there.

Problem for Nisbet is that a club like Celtic will scout a player very thoroughly and they'll know all about the utter pish he's serving up every week in addition to anything he might do against them on Wednesday.
    I don’t really think being in the Scotland squad has ruined him. I think the boys in the squad talk and he’ll be getting told what folk earn down south. This alone makes me think he’s desperate to get away and earn more. Hibs didn’t let him go even with the transfer request in, taking all this into account I think he’s playing half heartedly so he definitely gets a transfer.

What he has to be careful of is making sure someone wants him, if I was on a recruiting team I’d want someone who tries constantly rather than a part time trier.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    The new Lawrence Shankland.

Staggering that people think Doidge coming back will be be the answer to all our problems. We are poor all over the park.
    Doidge Porteous and McGennis returning will be the spine of the first team picks coming back, do you think that would improve things?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk