hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nisbet

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Such a myth. Do you think buying teams only watch matches on the tv? If he wanted to move, scoring 30 goals would be the answer, not 5 against the old firm.
    Sure Nisbet would love a move to either one of the OF. At the moment, he looks lost and disillusioned at Hibs.

Scoring goals against the OF is usually the entrance fee.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I agree completely. The question is why isn’t he already?

His hold up play has never been great but now it’s worse than ever.

I can’t understand why JR hasn’t addressed this. If he has why is he not improving?

I get that we have limited options but at the moment, this boy’s as good as a man short.
    We disagreed about how he played against Motherwell in that role. I thought his hold up play was fine, that he overall played very well and I was looking forward to seeing him kick on.

You'd pointed out that his hold up play was poor so I've been watching closely ever since - and it has been dire. Instead of kicking on, he looks like he's gone backwards.

This is one of our greatest failings as a team right now, the amount of times our play breaks down in that position.

I've gone from defending him to being one of his biggest critics. He'll probably fancy it on Wednesday but as nuts as it sounds I think I'd be dropping him even without there being any alternative. I'm sure we could cobble together some sort of strike partnership between Boyle and Murphy or the like that wouldn't mean we have to tolerate effectively being a man down with Nisbet on the park.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    We disagreed about how he played against Motherwell in that role. I thought his hold up play was fine, that he overall played very well and I was looking forward to seeing him kick on.

You'd pointed out that his hold up play was poor so I've been watching closely ever since - and it has been dire. Instead of kicking on, he looks like he's gone backwards.

This is one of our greatest failings as a team right now, the amount of times our play breaks down in that position.

I've gone from defending him to being one of his biggest critics. He'll probably fancy it on Wednesday but as nuts as it sounds I think I'd be dropping him even without there being any alternative. I'm sure we could cobble together some sort of strike partnership between Boyle and Murphy or the like that wouldn't mean we have to tolerate effectively being a man down with Nisbet on the park.
    Hold up play is massive and the fact we haven’t got anyone doing it is playing a major part in our drop in form. Nisbet is currently turning our attacks into opposition attacks.

Opposing managers will be targeting him now as a simple way of getting the ball back. Block off the passes to others and encourage a ball into him.