Time to go. Simply not good enough.
    Lol

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's my thoughts on it

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
    Ron is on record saying he wants good product on the pitch - the product is poor, even when winning. He needs to pony up next two windows - simple as that. The football is dreadful. I like Jack Ross but I don’t like his football style. If I was an opposition manager and saw that defence and formation today I’d be lapping it up all day long - and Aberdeen are poor yet easily won. What does that tell you ?

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The no shots on target stat today (did we have any last week?) certainly don’t help Ross’s case for not being boring.

Today was painfully bad, like last week. Incredibly boring.

I don’t think we’re always boring but the more games we have like today, Last week, the cup final, Ross Co. & Livi at home last season and the pre-lockdown derby defeat we have, the more evidence against him there is.

Recruitment is only a part of the issue, Aberdeen ended up with Scott Brown in defence today, that’s how stretched they were with the squad. Dundee United, St Mirren (ironically), St Johnstone etc would take our squad any day off the week if they could afford it.
    Ojo at right back for most of it as well.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if he went. The football is bland and predictable and safe. You can blame the injuries, the lack of depth, the suspensions - comes down to being able to inspire and learn from mistakes. He’s not doing so - big games prove that, as does identifying really creative players. It’s defensive and bland - and you need a good defence if that’s your preferred tactic. Our defence is rotten. Even some of our wins and draws have relied on luck and decisions going our way.

Third should have been the platform to push on - sadly, we’ve become as average as a Fenlon side and that’s saying something.

I want ruthlessness shown next season. Too many players been here too long, particularly in defence, and too many below average squad fillers taking a good salary. Young, energetic and driven players should be the targets .
    You are right. It’s ridiculous to talk about sacking him but like you I wouldn’t be heartbroken if he left for another club.
    Despite the attempts of several managers we are still a soft touch.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Another factor in the tolerance level of Hibs fans with Jack Ross compared to previous managers is maybe the fact Hearts are having a good season to date. It’s frustrating enough to watch a couple of very bad performances in the last couple of weeks without the added annoyance at having to see Hearts above us in the table.

The thin squad is really requiring some bolstering in January. Something that can give us some differing dimensions to our play.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Out or not but Ross is like all or players : overated
    ls under performing the same as over rated ?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Ron is on record saying he wants good product on the pitch - the product is poor, even when winning. He needs to pony up next two windows - simple as that. The football is dreadful. I like Jack Ross but I don’t like his football style. If I was an opposition manager and saw that defence and formation today I’d be lapping it up all day long - and Aberdeen are poor yet easily won. What does that tell you ?
    It tells me that we are on a bad run of form I think Ron has put his money into the club before and I'm sure hill will again but you can't judge Ross on 10 games into the season i judge him on his overall record since his appointment and its good but if you think that changing managers every 10 games then I don't stability is the answer

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    His interview speaks volumes. He'd have been as well not bothering for all he said.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I don’t think people like the way Hibs play.

To some people it’s all about the result, to others about the entertainment. That’s absolutely fine, it’s just some folk are looking for different things.

I think people just find this Hibs team really boring. Some stats may say we score a lot of goals but that doesn’t change what people think when they’re watching Hibs.

I like my Hibs team to play with a high energy and enthusiasm, this team is placid and dull IMO.
    This is where I’m at.

I could take a defeat if Hibs had been on the front foot, scored a goal or 2 and were just simply unlucky or caught out by a brilliant opposition counter attack or performance because ultimately, the team had lost but had lost whilst trying to win the game.

Right now, we’re losing/drawing games without trying to win. I can’t remember ever coming away from a loss/draw under Ross being ‘aw know what, it just wasn’t our day today’. We either scrape wins or surrender meekly whilst going a goal down or labouring to a draw. Performances such as Ross County at home are a one off rather than a constant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Another factor in the tolerance level of Hibs fans with Jack Ross compared to previous managers is maybe the fact Hearts are having a good season to date. It’s frustrating enough to watch a couple of very bad performances in the last couple of weeks without the added annoyance at having to see Hearts above us in the table.

The thin squad is really requiring some bolstering in January. Something that can give us some differing dimensions to our play.
    Thing is, couldn’t care less about Hearts and whether they’re winning or losing. I love Hibs and watching an entertaining side - and please, don’t take this as player bashing or scapegoating - but I’ve seen enough of Lewy, Daz and Hanlon. Sentimentally they’ll always be modern club legends, but critically and cynically they all need to be moved on. They’re not good enough now, simple as that. Teams need refreshed regularly. Next two windows I want to see a direction towards young players and (sadly) a ruthless streak on the squad.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    ****ing hell just seen his interview. What an absolute slaver.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    His interview speaks volumes. He'd have been as well not bothering for all he said.
    What did he say?

At the moment he's nowhere near being sacked but if he went it wouldn't bother me one bit, I'm not a fan of his borefest football but if he did go there's no one in mind who'd replace him, certainly no one in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Because there's basically no way the club will be re-evaluating his position until after January. The obvious exception is if we absolutely plummet into becoming relegation contenders, but that's unlikely.

Of course it can be discussed to everybody's heart's content on here and elsewhere, but it's not going to carry serious weight for another while. Best league finish in 16 years earns you quite some credit.
    The credit gained counts for nothing if you follow it up with complete crap.

As for relegation candidates being unlikely, I tend to agree but with the team low on confidence, lacking in fight and creating next to no chances, then we might need to review that opinion after the next 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Leicester sacked Ranieri. An abundance of credit yet still sackable.

Credit in football is meaningless. If ER consistently becomes quieter and attendances drop to 12k and under then he'll be gone. Credit or otherwise.

Fans are starting to turn on him.
    Agreed. As I said previously I personally am not calling for his head right now but the fact that we finished 3rd last season won't count for much in today's climate.

Football managers are judged on the here and now and as I said before Ron Gordon won't waste any time in making a change if it looks like we might be bottom six.

I’ve said it since last season

We have managed without Ross before we would move on quite quickly getting a new fresh management team in.

Zero fire in that hibs team

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    ****ing hell just seen his interview. What an absolute slaver.
    Hibernian head coach Jack Ross: "There was very little in the game. We controlled large aspects without creating enough clear-cut opportunities. That's the reason we lose the game.

"We lacked cutting edge. We pushed but didn't work Joe Lewis enough. We need to remain united and have a strength of character. We are the midst of a difficult run. It's important we don't panic."

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs tv interview isn’t exactly helping matters.

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/stat...429049859?s=21

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    What’s not right? Are you saying there’s problems in the squad or with the manager or maybe both. It appears to me that we have a squad that’s quite tight and harmonious and they seem to have respect for the manager.
    They might respect him but they ain’t fighting for him on the pitch, the players should have been out proving to the fans that JR has them well motivated for this game, it was a shocking display from the team, maybe losing respect as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    Hibs tv interview isn’t exactly helping matters.

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/stat...429049859?s=21
    'There were large parts today which were better' 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He's been let down massively by the recruitment team. We've had back luck with injuries which has shown that. No coincidence Mathie left just after. This January will be interesting.
    JR was saying just the other day that he didn't think we'd need to do much business, with Doidge coming back, Mueller coming in and the likes of Magennis and Hallberg returning to fitness. Let's hope he was downplaying things since we need a centre-half and some energy in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    It was clear he wouldn't be slagging off the players 2 weeks in a row. He doesn't do that. It would have been better if he sounded remotely like he was hurting but instead he sounded as if he just didn't want to be there.

@hibs.net private member
    Aye, that and ‘particularly in terms of how much we pushed to get something from the game’. Baffling doesn’t even cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Managers interviews intentionally say nothing.
    It comes as a result of media training.
    They are always a waste of time for supporters.
    Occasionally they are used to send a message to someone or make a point.
    However, they are generally fulfilling an obligation and what you get is predictable dull fare.

Better than what?

The crowd there today we’re starting to turn. If he tries to say it was all right, he’s lost the bloody plot. It was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Better than what?

The crowd there today we’re starting to turn. If he tries to say it was all right, he’s lost the bloody plot. It was awful.
    Last week I assume, which is hardly aiming high...

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I don’t think people like the way Hibs play.

To some people it’s all about the result, to others about the entertainment. That’s absolutely fine, it’s just some folk are looking for different things.

I think people just find this Hibs team really boring. Some stats may say we score a lot of goals but that doesn’t change what people think when they’re watching Hibs.

I like my Hibs team to play with a high energy and enthusiasm, this team is placid and dull IMO.
    I hate the way we play. Absolutely hate it. The style of football is every bit as bad as the likes of Butcher, Calderwood etc imo but we’re better at executing it and therefore the results are better.

Like you said earlier in the thread, I wouldn’t say I want him sacked but I’d not be disappointed at all if someone came in for him. I think I’d actually be quite relieved.
    Last edited by Perfect Hatrick; 23-10-2021 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Managers interviews intentionally say nothing.
    It comes as a result of media training.
    They are always a waste of time for supporters.
    Occasionally they are used to send a message to someone or make a point.
    However, they are generally fulfilling an obligation and what you get is predictable dull fare.
    Yep I know all that but at least give the fans something. Slagging off the players obviously doesn't work but at least sound as if you care. A wee bit of passion.

Ron Gordon’s aspirations
    V
    Jack Ross aspirations will result in Ross getting punted

Ross is accepting pish like today again

We should not be accepting 3 defeats in a row in this league. Those days should be in the past

Gordon will know the fans are beginning to turn in greater numbers

Stick the fancy screens up your rear, I’d rather a winning team with desire and passion even in defeat

We currently have a losing team with no desire, worrying.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Time to go? Behave.

Yes, we're struggling a bit, but the squad is lacking both quantity and quality. The manager needs help signing players, then we can judge things better. Get him a couple of decent signings in January, if possible, then we'll see. He doesn't have the materials just now; the squad needs more depth.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875