hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I'm really concerned about where this is going, Mathie has been cleared out and Jack Ross and Ron Gordon seem good pals.

Hoping things either turn around or at the very least don't go where I think they may be going. This footballing department shake up should not become some St Mirren / jobs for the boys.

Mathie's been critiqued heavily on here and has been cleared out. Jack Ross, I assume will be on much more than what Mathie was paid. No manager should get free reign at the football club. We stopped that with Leeann, I'm worried we're heading back to it without a Director of Football (Sporting Director).

2. Log in to remove the advert

He's been let down massively by the recruitment team. We've had back luck with injuries which has shown that. No coincidence Mathie left just after. This January will be interesting.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m still not in the camp actively looking for him to be sacked, but I am looking ever forward to someone coming in for him where he can leave with our thanks and best wishes.

Recruitment, has been an issue for a few windows now in terms of getting what we need. Ross deserves some slack for not getting what he needs. However, that only goes so far. He has the likes of Nisbet, Boyle, Allan, Newell, Gogic, Hanlon, Porteous, Doyle-Hayes available most weeks. He should be able to get a consistent spine of a team from that list IMO. One of which should be competitive and not play as dull and uninspiring football as we do. Was he let down with recruitment, yes. Is he getting enough out of what he has available to him, no IMO.

I can’t help but feel this is the beginning of a slow death for Ross and this team. Much like the end of Lennons 17/18 season (I think), we’ve peaked and will need a new manager and team to get everyone on board and an upward curve again.
    Agree

@hibs.net private member
    I’m actually not bothered either way. If he stays, meh. If he goes, meh. Actually so nonplussed regarding Hibs at the moment.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He's been let down massively by the recruitment team. We've had back luck with injuries which has shown that. No coincidence Mathie left just after. This January will be interesting.
    How do you know he was let down? Why is Mathie such an easy target?

I criticised the recruitment as well but how much are they really involved? Heckingbottom - players sign from down South, Jack Ross - players signed from Hamilton, St Johnstone and St Mirren. I'd argue manager still has a huge influence on signings and maybe, just maybe, Jack Ross vetoed most of Mathie's suggestions and maybe, just maybe, Jack Ross is good pals with Ron Gordon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Get Calum Davidson in now.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    It would have to be Sam Goodwin would it not?
    Is he related to the st.mirren manager😀

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    Try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    The panic merchants are out geez peace I'm a supporter through bad times and good trust me this not that bad we are not on form but I trust the manager but more importantly so does Ron

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Oh,I guess the rest of us who are complaining don't support the team even in the bad times !?

I am sure you will find plenty who have and for many decades...

As for Ron ,as a successful business man,he will be ruthless when required.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He’d have us playing worse football than JR.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Try harder.
    Aye, so obvious.

I'm with quite a few on here, if he was sacked in the morning I wouldn't be up nor down even though it wouldn't be deserved.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    What about Neilson?

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Anyway as sceptical as I am about Jacks Managerial prowess hes not my public enemy number one tonight. Step up Rafa Benitez Everton 2 Watford 5 and crashed my Acca costing me £89. Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post

THIS in a nutshell the first half of the season is a write-off and it will be damage limitation with Doidge out. id like to think we will splash the cash in Jan...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Why not?
    Because there's basically no way the club will be re-evaluating his position until after January. The obvious exception is if we absolutely plummet into becoming relegation contenders, but that's unlikely.

Of course it can be discussed to everybody's heart's content on here and elsewhere, but it's not going to carry serious weight for another while. Best league finish in 16 years earns you quite some credit.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Fixtures coming up.

Celtic (H)
    Ross County (A)
    Livingston (A)

International break

St Johnstone (A)
    Rangers (H)
    Motherwell (H)

How many points?

i was going to say four but i want to sound more confident, therefore....

five

Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Oh,I guess the rest of us who are complaining don't support the team even in the bad times !?

I am sure you will find plenty who have and for many decades...

As for Ron ,as a successful business man,he will be ruthless when required.
    I don't complain when we've played 10 games and sit 5 points behind the leaders we have lost 2 away games against Aberdeen and rangers and a home game to dundee utd just I think it's far to early to judge how the season will pan out and I'm sure Ron will thinking the same but I may be wrong

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    THIS in a nutshell the first half of the season is a write-off and it will be damage limitation with Doidge out. id like to think we will splash the cash in Jan...
    Are you comfortable with the recruitment being led by Jack Ross?

I'm struggling to see why people think Mathie failed but Jack Ross is going to pick out players needed to play his style. Anybody know his style of football yet?

I could recognise Heckingbottom's style of football better than Jack Ross'. Even though he couldn't get it to work.

Personally not calling for his head right now but I don't think Ron Gordon will accept a run of defeats that sees us hanging around the bottom six.

He's clearly, at least to me anyway, trying to make us into a team that tries to compete with Rangers and Celtic and if it's not looking like that will happen then I don't see him wasting any time in making a change.

What is it about Jack Ross people don't like? Certain folk have never been able to take to him. Even when Neil Lennon was on his run of 3 wins in 15 or whatever it was it wasn't as poisonous as this across social media. It's a shame to see really. Not sure if it's the vocal minority or not but I always feel that folk are ready to latch on to any defeat we have regardless of the circumstances. Personally I like the guy and think he's a good manager. This is his first real sticky patch, brought on largely by mitigating circumstances. We are Hibs. They happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    They’re playing absolutely **** right now. It’s been a really weird season so far with no big games at Easter Road and no fans allowed at ibrox. I’m looking forward to the Celtic game under lights and hibs putting in a big performance.
    Lets hope he can find a performance from somewhere, at least show some fight, even when beaten show some fight.

Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    I’m actually not bothered either way. If he stays, meh. If he goes, meh. Actually so nonplussed regarding Hibs at the moment.
    I suspect many are feeling the same way. That's why crowds are dwindling.
    I still feel Jack is the man. However he needs to be backed with quality signings.
    We failed miserable in that transfer window and now we are paying the price.

Gamer IDs

No Jack Ross interview?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    All these random, little heard from posters on here, suddenly got a lot to say?

Give me a break.

3 defeats on the bounce, probably 4 on Wednesday and likely to be 5 come next weekend.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Because there's basically no way the club will be re-evaluating his position until after January. The obvious exception is if we absolutely plummet into becoming relegation contenders, but that's unlikely.

Of course it can be discussed to everybody's heart's content on here and elsewhere, but it's not going to carry serious weight for another while. Best league finish in 16 years earns you quite some credit.
    Leicester sacked Ranieri. An abundance of credit yet still sackable.

Credit in football is meaningless. If ER consistently becomes quieter and attendances drop to 12k and under then he'll be gone. Credit or otherwise.

Fans are starting to turn on him.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    All these random, little heard from posters on here, suddenly got a lot to say?

Give me a break.
    These "Randoms" got as much right as you to share opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Leicester sacked Ranieri. An abundance of credit yet still sackable.

Credit in football is meaningless. If ER consistently becomes quieter and attendances drop to 12k and under then he'll be gone. Credit or otherwise.

Fans are starting to turn on him.
    They were a point above relegation and he'd had two full windows since the title.

I agree that if that happens then it's inevitable, we're just not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    Yeah think that's it. Haven't been to a game since before the lock downs and haven't really missed it that much this year. It's apathy that causes a club to go backwards.

Should Jack Ross be sacked? Not for me. There has obviously een issues behind the scenes that have caused us problems, leaving us under strength in a lot of areas, with players that for me are past their sell by. However, I'm not sure the club can allow so many fans to lose interest and need to turn it around

If we’re bottom six, and I mean proper bottom six come the January transfer window, having been papped out the league cup, then maybe I’ll get on board with Ross out.

It hasn’t been great this season, but managers who get sacked in October are the relegation managers, which as bad as we’ve looked in the past few games, we aren’t that bad.