Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: n/A

It's been coming. Jack Ross out.

Time to go. Simply not good enough.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Annnnnnd they’re off
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    The problem is, the style of football he has us playing and his general demeanour mean that, even when we’re winning, it all feels a bit flat.
    Lose 3 on the bounce, including losing to a team who haven’t won in 10 (without a single shot on goal) and knowing he will have nothing remotely inspiring to say or do just makes everything feel more depressing.
    I’m not sure he deserves to be fired just yet but I certainly don’t think many of us would miss him if he left.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We’re 5 points off the top of the table and in the league cup semifinal, anyone who thinks we’re going to sack the manager under those circumstances are kidding themselves on. The last 2 games have been dismal but a manager isn’t judged on 2 games.

United we stand here....

It’s not jack Ross fault

This lies in the blame with the recruiting department.

It’s been addressed and they’ve gone but lack of investment is slaughtering us.

No strength in depth. Miss a couple of key players and we’ve collapsed.

Not the managers fault IMO

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is, the style of football he has us playing and his general demeanour mean that, even when we’re winning, it all feels a bit flat.
    Lose 3 on the bounce, including losing to a team who haven’t won in 10 (without a single shot on goal) and knowing he will have nothing remotely inspiring to say or do just makes everything feel more depressing.
    I’m not sure he deserves to be fired just yet but I certainly don’t think many of us would miss him if he left.
    I’ve never felt flat after a victory, not once.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    JR has 13 points from 30 v Aberdeen and Hearts.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RCNG View Post
    And theres a Blue Peter badge for you.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    JR has 13 points from 30 v Aberdeen and Hearts.
    Why didn’t you just have your username as 1874?

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Annnnnnd they’re off
    permission to launch will be granted :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Let me guess, Lennon in?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    He’s not going to be fired and neither he should be.

I’d be quite happy if another club came in for him though. This team bores me to tears. Also think last season will be the peak of what we achieve with Ross. Don’t think we’ll improve or match last season.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Deleted
    I think it’s fair to say it’s been coming, really poor show again.
    Pre COVID I thought the strength of the team was highlighted by the strength on the bench where we could make substitutions which would be equal to what we had starting.

Things are far from that now and while JR can blame poor signings in the summer he should still be able to get the team playing as a team and wanting the ball.

The panic merchants are out geez peace I'm a supporter through bad times and good trust me this not that bad we are not on form but I trust the manager but more importantly so does Ron

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    It’s not jack Ross fault

Ross gets the credit if we do well though?

Can’t have it both ways.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    It’s not jack Ross fault

He is part of the recruiting department and has final say on whether we sign a player or not. Do you think those in the recruitment team were sitting on their ***** doing nothing in the summer?

If people think that getting shot of Mathie will solve recruitment issues they had better think again.

Jack Ross has to stay and we need to be patient.
    It’s clear the club recognise the lamentable job Mathie done and have moved to fix it but it’s going to take until January to start fixing it. Ross is the right man to do so.
    Our squad is very weak just now, we have far too many injury prone players and too many who are happy to let games go by them. Ross is doing the best he can. He got third last season and would probably have managed the same this season if Mathie hadn’t weakened the squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to put a foot down on this now - if you disagree with a post, feel free to express so, but don't abuse fellow posters in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by RCNG View Post
    Who are you.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Ross gets the credit if we do well though?

Can’t have it both ways.
    100% his responsibility.

For me, his record should be enough to keep him in a job but if he left tonight I wouldn’t care less. Baws to watching that every week. Last week, had it been a shocker that we hadn’t seen for a while before a reaction today could be forgivable, but to actually be worse the following week and set up in the sane way. Astonishingly bad stuff.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

We're not even close to a serious discussion about this IMO.

There are legitimate concerns, though. Not necessarily squarely about the manager, but about the form of a number of our players, the strength of our squad, and current form.

If it continues for a more significant period then we can circle back to shouts like this one. In the meantime, Ross has earned security in his position.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It’s clear the club recognise the lamentable job Mathie done and have moved to fix it but it’s going to take until January to start fixing it. Ross is the right man to do so.
    Our squad is very weak just now, we have far too many injury prone players and too many who are happy to let games go by them. Ross is doing the best he can. He got third last season and would probably have managed the same this season if Mathie hadn’t weakened the squad.

IMO it’s not fair blaming Mathie without knowing the ins and outs of what he did.

For all we know he could have presented dozens of brilliant players to Ross but Ross chose not to pursue them.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    100% his responsibility.

For me, his record should be enough to keep him in a job but if he left tonight I wouldn’t care less. Baws to watching that every week. Last week, had it been a shocker that we hadn’t seen for a while before a reaction today could be forgivable, but to actually be worse the following week and set up in the sane way. Astonishingly bad stuff.
    That's my position too, not actively looking for him to get punted but equally couldn't care less if he was

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

I don’t buy that. The window was bad but you have to be able to get a time out the players you have. Aberdeen played with a patched up team today by the look of it, we didn’t get a shot on target. Again.

Dundee United would take our squad in a heartbeat. You can’t just dismiss it as someone else’s fault.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    IMO it’s not fair blaming Mathie without knowing the ins and outs of what he did.

For all we know he could have presented dozens of brilliant players to Ross but Ross chose not to pursue them.
    You are not a million miles away with this Bingo.

should he stay or should he go......................
    Dont really care one way or the other something just not right at Easter Road.

Meh. Maybe not crisis time but it certainly ain't good. Football on show is poor, crowds are dwindling.
    Difficult to change this trend. Make no mistake, we are going backwards! Final and semi final defeats allong with uninspiring football are taking their toll.
    Nothing to do with COVD19!

Im not convinced he should go just now...
    however there are serious questions and doubts over his inability to avoid not just defeats but abject, boring and utterly flat performances.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    So Ross was given dozens of brilliant players but decided he didn’t want them? Sounds likely.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Think people forget that even when we had a "good" start to the season we were awarded a few favourable penalties in a couple of games that turned the result in our favour.

I like Jack Ross as a person, seems to come across well but his football is genuinely boring for me. Percentage football. Our attacking play is about putting crosses into the box but we don't really have much physical presence.

We mocked Hearts for "hoof" but we have pretty much become them. Tippy tappy across our defence with Newell and JDH dropping back to assist with this endeavour followed by a "long ball" to the invisible man. Hopefully it will change but the players attitude is starting to tell a story - McGregor getting sent off for that when he's our most experienced player. A couple of head to heads as well. Players are angry but they are also clueless while playing. Manager needs to be under a huge amount of pressure - we can't talk about the match day experience at ER when the style of football has put people off returning. People say it's Covid and getting out of the habit. That is partially the case but if Hibs were playing entertaining football our attendance would be higher, that's just a fact. People may not agree with it but being Hibs manager comes with pressure to play a certain brand of football. Many fans won't come out unless it's like that, sad as it is as it would be nice to have more in ER.

Jack Ross should not get an easier ride than Mathie. He is at the helm of the football department and our football is awful. Mathie is gone, does Jack Ross get another window of signing St Mirren players? I genuinely worry for Hibs if our manager is too friendly with our owner, talking about how to establish businesses and the like...