hibs.net Messageboard

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Aberdeen v Hibs

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a situation where stats tell you so much but only so much.

Watching the game you could see for 90 minutes that we were struggling badly for any sort of creativity. You don't need to back that up with any sort of stats.
    That’s the impression I’ve got from reading reports and trying to navigate the fan hyperbole. Not surprising looking at the squad and injuries and could always have happened given summer recruitment.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Most telling thing, for me, is that type of performance wasn’t a surprise.
    Entirely expected unfortunately, unless filled with blind optimism as some on here are, as though believing we are somehow a good team will make us so. We simply aren't a good team, and weren't last season either despite a respectable 3rd place finish. Who remembers who finished third the 2 seasons prior to this? Hardly anyone, well one was relegated last season, the other finished 8th, I don't see anything to suggest our relative 'success' last season will be any less of a one-off. If Aberdeen had to hand pick opponents today, under pressure to end a winless run - they would probably have chosen Hibs.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i've still no idea who gives the player ratings but i do look occasionally and the ones for today are absolutely the lowest i've ever saw for hibs players

Aberdeen 1-0 Hibernian: Ramirez goal ends hosts 10-game winless run - BBC Sport

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i've still no idea who gives the player ratings but i do look occasionally and the ones for today are absolutely the lowest i've ever saw for hibs players

Aberdeen 1-0 Hibernian: Ramirez goal ends hosts 10-game winless run - BBC Sport
    The public, they're like an online poll thing.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    The public, they're like an online poll thing.

ta KN not even getting a 3 jeezo, thought it would also say from how many votes

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I said during the summer that out of the 3 supposedly being targeted (Nisbet, Porteous & Doig), that Nisbet was the one I'd be least bothered about losing. His behaviour during matches makes me think that he's not much of a team player (Porteous seems to be about the only one he gets on well with). Even when he's not scoring, he has to show a lot more than he's done recently. Unfortunately we don't have anyone banging the door down to take his place.
    O’Connor, Young & Laidlaw have been scoring regularly for the 18s. Now, I know it’s a huge jump from that level to the first team but even the element of surprise, give the laddies a massive jolt they’re involved in the first team squad and you never know.

Gullan has had zero opportunity to have a run of 3/4 games and see how he gets on. Even today, surely from the hat trick during the week set the team up to try and get him into those same areas? But no, he’s left isolated on the right, centre & left (I counted about 4/5 times in the first half alone where the front 3 had changed position).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    O’Connor, Young & Laidlaw have been scoring regularly for the 18s. Now, I know it’s a huge jump from that level to the first team but even the element of surprise, give the laddies a massive jolt they’re involved in the first team squad and you never know.

Gullan has had zero opportunity to have a run of 3/4 games and see how he gets on. Even today, surely from the hat trick during the week set the team up to try and get him into those same areas? But no, he’s left isolated on the right, centre & left (I counted about 4/5 times in the first half alone where the front 3 had changed position).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately Gullan added zilch today, much like Nisbet. The whole team is not playing well but we have nothing up top at the moment. No one can hold the ball up in front of goal. We’ve needed another striker for a long time now.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Unfortunately Gullan added zilch today, much like Nisbet. The whole team is not playing well but we have nothing up top at the moment. No one can hold the ball up in front of goal. We’ve needed another striker for a long time now.
    Thats true but you lso need to feed your forward line which too often this season we dont. The whole balance of the team isnt right at the moment. Shaky at the back, not good defending or going forward in midfield and lacking up top. Its a a it bleak right now. We're better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Thats true but you lso need to feed your forward line which too often this season we dont. The whole balance of the team isnt right at the moment. Shaky at the back, not good defending or going forward in midfield and lackin gup top. Its a a it bleak right now. We're better than this.
    I agree the balance isn’t right but there’s been quite a few decent balls into the box in the last few games with no one on the end of them. We desperately need someone who can play with their back to goal, trouble is the midfield are usually quite happy going back or sideways when the ball is played back to them. Very unbalanced.

I know Nisbet is in the Scotland squad mainly due to last seasons performances but that was last season, he seems to have 1 really good season and then get his move elsewhere, was he expecting another move this summer and in the huff because it didn't happen because he looks totally disinterested. I know people were saying it was great keeping all our top players but that's only if they still perform to their capabilities, Kevin and Doig both expected to move and now both struggling with form.

Add in our terrible injury problems and a number of players out of form and we really are looking bottom 6 ‎calibre‎ at the moment.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Could add another four or five to that list too. If Ross left tomorrow I wouldn’t be bothered. His style of football is beginning to really drain my enthusiasm for Hibs. Don’t turn up for the big games, don’t react to defeats and don’t have character and leadership - that selection today was as ridiculous as it was baffling. No squad depth, no youth being brought through, reliance on Boyle getting embarrassing, and having a back line of players over 130 years of age combined is all you need to know.
    All great servants to the club but McGregor Stevenson & Hanlon are not the answer anymore, to drop Doig for Stevenson is a joke by the manager, he panicked with his team selection today/yesterday and it backfired on him, Gullan may have deserved some game time but to start him was a strange one, Nisbet is getting no service at all, what a mess and IMO I don’t think JR will turn it around.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I know Nisbet is in the Scotland squad mainly due to last seasons performances but that was last season, he seems to have 1 really good season and then get his move elsewhere, was he expecting another move this summer and in the huff because it didn't happen because he looks totally disinterested. I know people were saying it was great keeping all our top players but that's only if they still perform to their capabilities, Kevin and Doig both expected to move and now both struggling with form.

Add in our terrible injury problems and a number of players out of form and we really are looking bottom 6 ‎calibre‎ at the moment.
    I'm more pissed off by Nisbet this season than I am Jack Ross tbh. His attitude and body language are appalling on the pitch, the shrugging the shoulders, wee hissy fits etc..he is an absolute man child.

The other thing I've been considering is that it seems more than a coincidence that the whole teams commitment seems to have dipped markedly since Ross failed to back Porteous after Ibrox. Its not a happy looking bunch of players.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Captain.... View Post
    I'm more pissed off by Nisbet this season than I am Jack Ross tbh. His attitude and body language are appalling on the pitch, the shrugging the shoulders, wee hissy fits etc..he is an absolute man child.

The other thing I've been considering is that it seems more than a coincidence that the whole teams commitment seems to have dipped markedly since Ross failed to back Porteous after Ibrox. Its not a happy looking bunch of players.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk
    Porteous has said that Ross is 100% behind him.

I've just finished watching on Alba, having avoided the score all day. There's another thread about Pittodrie memories. That game today puts me in mind of match up there in October 97. Nothing redeeming about it at all. There's a long way to go, and we've got injured and suspended players to come back, so the season shouldn't finish up like that one did but even with that it looks like we'll struggle big time to have a decent place at the end of it.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    All great servants to the club but McGregor Stevenson & Hanlon are not the answer anymore, to drop Doig for Stevenson is a joke by the manager, he panicked with his team selection today/yesterday and it backfired on him, Gullan may have deserved some game time but to start him was a strange one, Nisbet is getting no service at all, what a mess and IMO I don’t think JR will turn it around.
    Totally agree SH - sorry I never replied to your post a couple of weeks ago buddy. Hope you and yours are all well mate 👍 does Deek still have his boots ready 😂 we might need him in January

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    I've just finished watching on Alba, having avoided the score all day. There's another thread about Pittodrie memories. That game today puts me in mind of match up there in October 97. Nothing redeeming about it at all. There's a long way to go, and we've got injured and suspended players to come back, so the season shouldn't finish up like that one did but even with that it looks like we'll struggle big time to have a decent place at the end of it.
    That is a very good comparison. Aberdeen hadn't won all season and were bottom and who came along, Hibs. A freezing cold stadium up there. A very similar performance today as that.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    stop the crap about jr out it’s embarrassing. Hibs dominated the game but created very little. We are going through a rough patch that is all. But as usual hibs.net punters go over the top
    ltyf 🤡

Agree with this quote from Smartie above -

“I was quite optimistic about him when I watched the Motherwell game at the start of the season. Since then I've seen nothing, and this season appears to have crumbled on two particular moments - when Doidge got injured and when the August window closed with us failing to add anything credible in his position.”

Failing to get competition for Nisbet and a similar player to Doidge is hurting us.

We needed x3 consistent starters minimum during transfer window. JDH is the only one who has started more than he’s missed but we still needed 2 more before Doidge was injured.

The team basically picks itself - the players know it - the opposition know it and Jack Ross needs a win against a Rangers / Celtic / Hearts / Aberdeen team in near future or pressure will continue to mount especially if he doesn’t pick up points against lower teams.

I think you know there's a massive issue when one defensive suspension leaves you with probably the oldest, slowest back 4 in the history of our club.
    Add to that the lack of options in almost every position it's really not that surprising we are struggling right now.
    Having said that we were a goal up and very comfortably heading to the top of the league very recently so we aren't in any way a lost cause.
    Having Porto back will help immensely as he is the best defender at the club by the length of Princes Street.
    Doig should also be persevered with at left back as he has the engine and attitude to be a valuable asset.
    We were slightly the worse of two out of form sides yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I think you know there's a massive issue when one defensive suspension leaves you with probably the oldest, slowest back 4 in the history of our club.
    Add to that the lack of options in almost every position it's really not that surprising we are struggling right now.
    Having said that we were a goal up and very comfortably heading to the top of the league very recently so we aren't in any way a lost cause.
    Having Porto back will help immensely as he is the best defender at the club by the length of Princes Street.
    Doig should also be persevered with at left back as he has the engine and attitude to be a valuable asset.
    We were slightly the worse of two out of form sides yesterday.
    I agree with all of that, far be it from me to tell Jack who to pick, and he sees the players in training but I'd have Doig in before Lewey and his choosing Daz over Wood was baffling to me. Despite criticism on here from some I thought the young lad did more than enough to start yesterday, and Jack said himself he was happy with his debut.

Just watching at the highlights. At the time, I wondered where our centre halves were at the goal. Hanlon running in to mark space again but not bothering about the striker, who is far more likely to put the ball in the net than an empty space.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    I agree with all of that, far be it from me to tell Jack who to pick, and he sees the players in training but I'd have Doig in before Lewey and his choosing Daz over Wood was baffling to me. Despite criticism on here from some I thought the young lad did more than enough to start yesterday, and Jack said himself he was happy with his debut.
    Jack was hardly going to publicly slate Wood was he? If he was really happy with his debut he would have started him. yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Just watching at the highlights. At the time, I wondered where our centre halves were at the goal. Hanlon running in to mark space again but not bothering about the striker, who is far more likely to put the ball in the net than an empty space.

TBF he came strolling through our midfield without any problem, midfield at fault again by not tracking their man.