hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: HIB$ Token

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With a nice label and box, I enjoy looking at my hibs whisky on the shelf...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    One day I might even drink it

Was bequeathed a few expensive ones but only after promising I'd open them... I've had some real grief for one as apparently I could easily have got a tesla if I'd sold it... I can't even afford a leaf! Lol...
    My brother in law has a Hibs one.
    It looks good with the rest of his whisky collection.

What you should do Alf is buy a regular bottle of the same whisky and put it in the Hibs box so you can take it out and show the box off without drinking from the special bottle.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambernardi1875 View Post
    Thanks for posting this, a good listen that should put some fears to rest.

I’m quite positive about it now.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Thanks for posting this, a good listen that should put some fears to rest.

I’m quite positive about it now.
    Yep. Even though the podcast contains a lot of back slapping between sportemongo disciples there's no hint of condescension toward the club or the fans and certainly no sign that they're looking to rip anyone off.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Yep. Even though the podcast contains a lot of back slapping between sportemongo disciples there's no hint of condescension toward the club or the fans and certainly no sign that they're looking to rip anyone off.
    I don't think that proves anything other than that they want listeners to have a positive impression of them.

If they are dodgy (and that's still an "if"), then they're not going to say so in public.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Its witchcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I don't think that proves anything other than that they want listeners to have a positive impression of them.

If they are dodgy (and that's still an "if"), then they're not going to say so in public.
    I agree - there's no proof of anything, either good or bad.

Like all their comms so far, sounds plausible, but precious little substance.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Why the doubts?

Brand new company pays to put a logo on the back of the shirt and becomes the token partner.

Fans see sponsorship and PH holding a strip but generally have no idea what the token stuff is.

Twitter post lands. Language is bizarre and is full of bull phrases

Corporate accounts start to actively promote it and an unconfirmed account comes on, against the stream, and posts unchallenged messages that suggest investors already have the tokens and it seems that Hibs fans are not to know.

Bit of checking and this is a brand new venture with a deep marketing budget but no obvious product.

The offer is currently to register for an undefined product where the price is yet to be defined. Bit timeshare.

It is structured in an unregulated market with no protection for anyone who puts money in.

It is an over 18 only product so not for kids.

It is about creating premium access for super fans.

Someone is making money but it’s not meant to be the sports fans with emotional attachments

… and there are so many ways that fans could be engaged through organisations already full of fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 mins in the CEO talks about the Hibs deal.

Gives a lot of detail of what they get out of it. They’ve spent around 500k, 3 year deal and they take a cut of the money Hibs make from it.

Worth watching.

Have you really listened to that? Who would not be comforted by a corporate podcast.? It’s pish. Rikki, Rikki, Rikki,Rikki whover he is. . What a guy. Hibs can stick it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Have you really listened to that? Who would not be comforted by a corporate podcast.? It’s pish. Rikki, Rikki, Rikki,Rikki whover he is. . What a guy. Hibs can stick it.
    That's why I called them disciples - it sounded almost like some sort of sect, but my point still stands.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    10 mins in the CEO talks about the Hibs deal.

Gives a lot of detail of what they get out of it. They’ve spent around 500k, 3 year deal and they take a cut of the money Hibs make from it.

Worth watching.

Seems huge for a small back of the shirt sponsor

Going against the grain but I like it. Think it's quite interesting and adventurous. Podcast was a good listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Going against the grain but I like it. Think it's quite interesting and adventurous. Podcast was a good listen.
    Are you going to be one of the Token Hibs supporters the 😁

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    After so much hand wringing, it seems to me that Hibs get money and Sportemongo ( ridic name), get the chance to sell our fans something that 99% of us aren’t interested in. Well good luck with that. Ijust hope they pay cash up front to the club.

I wish the OP had added a poll to this, just to see how many would buy into it

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    After so much hand wringing, it seems to me that Hibs get money and Sportemongo ( ridic name), get the chance to sell our fans something that 99% of us aren’t interested in. Well good luck with that. Ijust hope they pay cash up front to the club.

I wish the OP had added a poll to this, just to see how many would buy into it
    I think it's pretty clear that not many on here would buy into it as it stands, even among those like myself who don't necessarily see it as a bad set-up.

The sportemongo folk on the podcast know that they'll have to offer more to get folk interested, but it seems to be very much a work in progress, with the initial negotiations & agreement with Hibs done and dusted in only 7 days.

First Team Breakthrough
    I just do t get it, they’ve gave us £500k over 3 years there gonna want over a mill back at least on their investment where’s that gonna come from? Hibs supporters. so is that gonna take away revenue directly from the club that would normally come from the fans? What’s coming down line, that you can only buy a derby ticket through these tokens or a pie at the kiosk. A bit dubious as to why there chucking half a mil at us.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think it's pretty clear that not many on here would buy into it as it stands, even among those like myself who don't necessarily see it as a bad set-up.

The sportemongo folk on the podcast know that they'll have to offer more to get folk interested, but it seems to be very much a work in progress, with the initial negotiations & agreement with Hibs done and dusted in only 7 days.
    It's in its infancy, and if they get it right, I can see them landing the younger element in our fan base. The guy on the podcast mentioned the tokenisation opportunities of the whole club. It looks like they'll be approaching some of our older ex players to have an experience with. The club shop was also mentioned. After listening to the podcast, they'll not leave a stone unturned to make a buck. Some of our younger fans may take to it.

Quote Originally Posted by tmb1875 View Post
    I just do t get it, they’ve gave us £500k over 3 years there gonna want over a mill back at least on their investment where’s that gonna come from? Hibs supporters. so is that gonna take away revenue directly from the club that would normally come from the fans? What’s coming down line, that you can only buy a derby ticket through these tokens or a pie at the kiosk. A bit dubious as to why there chucking half a mil at us.

Given that Ron knocked the sale of shares to HSL on the head when he came in, I doubt very much that he'll cede control over things like ticket sales or merchandise/kiosk revenues for the sake of a 3 year deal. I think anything exclusive to SGO will be things that aren't currently on offer. For example the podcast spoke about an online 3D tour of the stadium and the the strip (now being signed), that was used in the initial press release.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    The club have obviously left the promotion (content) to Sportemongo who probably didn't foresee the OTT hostile reaction.
    I wouldn't describe it as OTT.

There certainly seems to be an exploitative nature to it. The 'influencing' on twitter, 'more you buy = more fun', the taking advantage of the general FOMO around crypto/tokens.

Also can't see how the benefits will persist 'forever' as has been implied. Even if you ignore the rest that surely seems a bit suss.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I wouldn't describe it as OTT.

There certainly seems to be an exploitative nature to it. The 'influencing' on twitter, 'more you buy = more fun', the taking advantage of the general FOMO around crypto/tokens.

Also can't see how the benefits will persist 'forever' as has been implied. Even if you ignore the rest that surely seems a bit suss.
    I agree with the points you're making but some of the reaction, even on this thread, has been OTT.

They have a partnership with rangers now also

@hibs.net private member
    Most major clubs in Europe and the US have a link up with nft companies now

They’re spending 500k to get their name out there.

If they don’t make a penny from us they’ve got what they wanted for their money. It’s advertising.

As for the fan tokens, if we buy the digital stuff, Hibs make money and SGO get a slice of it.

Same as if you buy a scarf, Hibs get some of the cash as do the folk that knitted it!

So, I buy a digital collectors card of Paul Hanlon for £20 for example. SGO take a cut of that and Hibs get the rest. Where’s the harm?

@hibs.net private member
    https://cryptoslam.io/nba-top-shot/sales/summary

The nba in America have a trading thing where you own a clip of a bit of play from a game. Even though you watch all these clips for free on YouTube, there has been $750 dollars in trades this year.

The ufc, f1, la liga have league wide nft deals. The premiership in England is negotiating a league wide deal but City man u ect have got their own deals.

First Team Breakthrough
    Absolutely fine if that’s the extent of it. I know it already exists in other forms just not comfortable with the idea that your a better fan if you spend more than someone who couldn’t afford to. We’re all hibs fans regardless of how much disposable cash you’ve got to waste of this stuff.

Absolutely fine if that’s the extent of it. I know it already exists in other forms just not comfortable with the idea that your a better fan if you spend more than someone who couldn’t afford to. We’re all hibs fans regardless of how much disposable cash you’ve got to waste of this stuff.

Having collectibles, real or virtual, doesn't make you a better fan. There have always been people who could afford to spend more than others (myself included) - signed shirts, hospitality, etc.. That'll never change.

How dare they. It's a scam...

Huns now have an official partnership with Sportemon Go.

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/ra...XoVfcdTz7InmaQ