hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team v Aberdeen

Team v Aberdeen

Massive game on Saturday against an Aberdeen team who despite having very good players on paper, are struggling massively.

It’s a huge game for us after two defeats in a row but will be anything but easy.

Team depends on a lot of things like if McGinn and Magennis are back. Murphy being back makes me thinks Ross will stick to a 451 as he likes fitting him in the team

If they’re fit I’d like to see either of these teams based on 352 or 451

………………….Macey………

………McGinn…Wood…Hanlon…

Cadden….JDH….Newell……Doig….

………………..Magennis……

…………….Nisbet……..Boyle…..

Or

………………….Macey……..

McGinn…..Wood….Hanlon….Stevenson….

………………JDH…Newell…..

Boyle………Magennis…..Murphy….

…………………..Nisbet….

For me in the games Stevenson has played he’s been brilliant this season whereas Doig is struggling a bit for form.

We desperately need some players back from injury as our squad as so thin and we’re lacking options everywhere. Even Mackay being back and injecting some pace and directness into the team would be huge.

We need to pick up points again and get to January so we can really strengthen, Hearts are showing what you can do with strong squad, not just starting 11.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think McGregor will play

@hibs.net private member
    I like the first one but maybe with Stevenson in for Doig.

Left by mutual consent!
    Better with McGregor instead of Wood.

First one for me is ideal... we need Boyle's pace and directness going at their CHs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has to play instead of Wood for me.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Think Gullan should get a start tbh, may have been a b team but a hat trick should have his confidence up and he needs to be given a chance

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Massive game on Saturday against an Aberdeen team who despite having very good players on paper, are struggling massively.

It’s a huge game for us after two defeats in a row but will be anything but easy.

Team depends on a lot of things like if McGinn and Magennis are back. Murphy being back makes me thinks Ross will stick to a 451 as he likes fitting him in the team

If they’re fit I’d like to see either of these teams based on 352 or 451

………………….Macey………

………McGinn…Wood…Hanlon…

Cadden….JDH….Newell……Doig….

………………..Magennis……

…………….Nisbet……..Boyle…..

Or

………………….Macey……..

McGinn…..Wood….Hanlon….Stevenson….

………………JDH…Newell…..

Boyle………Magennis…..Murphy….

…………………..Nisbet….

For me in the games Stevenson has played he’s been brilliant this season whereas Doig is struggling a bit for form.

We desperately need some players back from injury as our squad as so thin and we’re lacking options everywhere. Even Mackay being back and injecting some pace and directness into the team would be huge.

We need to pick up points again and get to January so we can really strengthen, Hearts are showing what you can do with strong squad, not just starting 11.
    I like the look of both those teams. Aberdeen leave their full backs high so I’d like to essentially see us attack with a front 4, would potentially see us exposed at the back on the counter but we need to take calculated risks.

……………….Macey

……..McGinn Wood Hanlon

……………JDH Newell

Cadden …..McGennis …..Doig

……….Boyle …….Nisbet

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar

Macey

McGinn
    McGregor
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Doidge

JDH
    McGennis
    Newall

Nisbet
    Gullane
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Has to play instead of Wood for me.
    Agreed and I'd be surprised if he didn't.

Got to go back to the 3-5-2 for now. Need leaders and need to be more solid so for me..

Dabrowksi

Cadden
    Mcginn
    Mcgregor
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

JDH
    Newell
    Magennis

Nisbet
    Boyle

Dabrowski

McGinn Mcgregor Hanlon Stevenson

JDH Gogic Newell

Boyle Nisbet Gullan

@hibs.net private member
    Macey
    McGinn McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
    Cadden Newell Gogic Murphy
    Magennis
    Boyle

I really like Nisbet but he needs a rest for me. Boyle nearly always looks like he is our most likely to score and he has done well centrally. If Magennis is fit they will press high and get us off on the right foot. If Murphy plays I want Lewis in. Doig hasn't been as good lately and Lewis has been very good when called on. JDH has been a bit off form since his illness so Gogic to give us a bit steel.

Going by Ross’s interview the team news is

Back from injury:

Paul McGinn

Still injured:
    Mackie
    Hallberg
    Doidge
    Magennis
    Mackay

McGinn will come straight back in so the only real decision is what formation is played and who plays as the advanced midfielder/behind the striker.

Allan - Hooked last week at half time
    Scott - Done nothing of note

Gullan is fresh from scoring a hat trick mid week, will he get a chance?

……………....…….Macey…………

………McGinn……Wood….Hanlon…….

Cadden…….JDH………..Newell……..Doig

…………..………Murphy ……

……………,Boyle……….Nisbet…..

Think it will be similar to this although not convinced I’ve seen Murphy play that role well, but can’t see Allan or Scott starting after last week.

Think that team gives us as good a balance as we can get though with the injuries and form of our players.

Solid enough defensively, plenty legs and enough creativity.
    Last edited by Unseen work; 22-10-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Would hope so 👍 Allan as well everybody seems to be writing him
    Of after one I indifferent game seems to be the fall guy in a lot of guys eyes, magenis has been nothing special I’m
    His last few games either as for Nisbet? Allan should start IMO we need to make chances and he’s the man

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Going by Ross’s interview the team news is

Back from injury:

Paul McGinn

Still injured:
    Mackie
    Hallberg
    Doidge
    Magennis
    Mackay

McGinn will come straight back in so the only real decision is what formation is played and who plays as the advanced midfielder/behind the striker.

Allan - Hooked last week at half time
    Scott - Done nothing of note

Gullan is fresh from scoring a hat trick mid week, will he get a chance?

……………....…….Macey…………

………McGinn……Wood….Hanlon…….

Cadden…….JDH………..Newell……..Doig

…………..………Murphy ……

……………,Boyle……….Nisbet…..

Think it will be similar to this although not convinced I’ve seen Murphy play that role well, but can’t see Allan or Scott starting after last week.

Think that team gives us as good a balance as we can get though with the injuries and form of our players.

Solid enough defensively, plenty legs and enough creativity.
    I like that team bud Daz for Wood

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shetlandhibee View Post
    Would hope so Allan as well everybody seems to be writing him
    Of after one I indifferent game seems to be the fall guy in a lot of guys eyes, magenis has been nothing special I’m
    His last few games either as for Nisbet? Allan should start IMO we need to make chances and he’s the man
    Allan has started the last 3(?) games with Magennis out.

We are desperately missing Kyle IMO.

With no Kyle it’s prob a day for Gogic. It’s not a game for Allan imo.

If anyone needs a break its JDH, I think he's struggled after having Covid.
    I have no clue how Ross will set them up, I've given up trying to suss out the tactics he's going to use, could be anything from 4231 to 3412.

There’s been talk of Aberdeen’s defence being vulnerable to the ball in behind them - maybe that’s exactly where Allan’s strengths really come into it?

I don’t know much about Aberdeen under Glass and I guess I still consider a game against Aberdeen to be dour, a battle and one we’ll likely lose narrowly. That maybe puts you off playing Allan.

He was immense against them at ER a few years back, with some cracking balls in behind for Boyle.

It’s just hard to get away from the fact that he’s not the best defensively.

And on paper, the midfield of JDH, Newell and Allan with Boyle and Murphy out wide should have been fine last week. In reality, it was dire.
    Last edited by Smartie; 23-10-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Re Aberdeen there style of football is night and day so maybe someone like Allan would get the space they wouldn’t normally get.

There team will be similar to

…………..………Wood……….

Ramsay….Gallagher….Bates….McKenzie….

……………Brown……..Ojo…..

Hedges…………Ferguson……..Hayes…..

………………….Ramirez……

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Samuels come in as he is rapid and I imagine would suit them countering us. But Glass glass will want them to dominate the ball, which they’ve done in a lot of games this season. Hedges is a really good player and will need to be watched closely by Doig and I think the young boy Ramsay is very good too and has brilliant delivery.

Both full backs will burst forward so there may be an opportunity for us to exploit the gap and drag their defenders about.

It’s going to be a very tough game.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Think it will be

Macey
    Mcginn
    Wood
    Hanlon
    Doig
    JDH
    Gogic
    Newell
    Gullan
    Boyle
    Nisbet

First Team Breakthrough
    Now that JR has clarified the injury situation,I would also go with.

Macey
    McGinn,Wood,Hanlon
    Cadden,Doyle-Hayes,Newell,Doig
    Murphy
    Boyle,Nisbet

The negative criticism of Wood was way out of order.The laddie was thrown in at the deep end and got absolutely no help from senior players around about him.Yes Hanlon and Newell,I’m referring to you.

The bench will no doubt once again be threadbare and will not provide anyone who will be a game changer.

JR was making good noises during the week about Jamie Gullan,after he scored a hat trick for the youth team.He said he was looking to give Gullan a chance,but I’ll believe that when I see it.

If Hibs can’t stop the losing run against Aberdeen,I shall be somewhat worried about the future leading up to the January transfer window.

@hibs.net private member
    SSN says Porteous is back from his ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post

Macey
    McGinn,Wood,Hanlon
    Murphy
    Boyle,Nisbet

The negative criticism of Wood was way out of order.The laddie was thrown in at the deep end and got absolutely no help from senior players around about him.Yes Hanlon and Newell,I’m referring to you.

The bench will no doubt once again be threadbare and will not provide anyone who will be a game changer.

JR was making good noises during the week about Jamie Gullan,after he scored a hat trick for the youth team.He said he was looking to give Gullan a chance,but I’ll believe that when I see it.

If Hibs can’t stop the losing run against Aberdeen,I shall be somewhat worried about the future leading up to the January transfer window.
    It’s a big help that this game is away.

We don’t have our own fans expecting us to play on the front foot against a team in poor form and we have the opportunity to turn their fans against them and make it more difficult for them.

Looking at the potential Aberdeen line ups higher up this thread though it’s a bit of a mystery why they’re struggling. They have plenty of good players.

Mccrorie and Bates look very shaky at the back for Aberdeen. I'm hoping Boyle will give them a nightmare.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    SSN says Porteous is back from his ban?
    Hibs say he's still banned.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Hibs say he's still banned.
    Yeah I thought it was a 2 match ban. Presume SSN missed the facts again.

A bit off subject but can we watch this game on RedTV or what ever they call it

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post

Macey
    McGinn,Wood,Hanlon
    Murphy
    Boyle,Nisbet

Kyle out till after next international break and that assumes he respond well to treatment with no set back
    But worried that he can’t go any sustained period without injury as Thats what happened at st Mirren
    Fingers crossed we can get him through the winter period ok and good run in to end of season
    McKay also-out for similar period
    We really are struggling to put strong heat team out week in week out and that’s impaction on subs bench limiting the impact we can make late on in games
    Agree losing today would be a disaster
    Don’t think we will but we may have to settle for a draw when it’s a win we really need
    How we handle The pressure today will be key and we need big performances from Boyle Nisbet and defence with JDH hopefully regaining form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk