hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Nothing against Innes Murray but the fact that he's still kicking around at that age without ever having threatened to make a first team breakthrough is surely a symptom of failure within the academy.

Relative to clubs of similar size we do seem to hang onto players to a fairly late age without either giving them anything resembling a chance or binning them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing against Innes Murray but the fact that he's still kicking around at that age without ever having threatened to make a first team breakthrough is surely a symptom of failure within the academy.

Relative to clubs of similar size we do seem to hang onto players to a fairly late age without either giving them anything resembling a chance or binning them.
    Hearts as we know binned Doig and Cummings early so it can go wrong.
    As for Innes Murray, he won't have cost Hibs much.
    The guy will undergo a tough life change when his contract ends in the summer and he becomes a part time player who needs to find a new career.
    Can't blame him for keeping out of the rat race for as long as possible.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Unfortunately the jump from a B Team to the Prem team is huge. If it wasn't you'd see a lot more getting game time. If the coaches saw anything to suggest these boys could make a difference they would be playing. There is very little chance of anyone past 21 suddenly making the jump up between the levels. The younger ones still have a chance and thats why Hibs continue to stick with them and give them other options to develop. A player like James Scott clearly shows more in training than any of the reserve players. It may be hard to believe but no one on here knows mores about these players abilities than the coaches that work with them every day
    While I agree your general point, our coaches and managers are not infallible. Nor do we know if they're all in agreement over the respective merits of individual players. At the end of the day Ross will decide who makes the team. I freely admit I'm a fan of Jamie and I believe there are many other teams out there watching his situation with interest. One thing is for certain, no player can demonstrate their ability if they don't get an opportunity to play.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...istake-3428162

Jack says he made a mistake not bringing Jamie on last Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post

Hopefully he gets game time and starts scoring.

Really want him to do well. He scored a great goal against ICT at ER.

Also good to see JR admitting mistakes

Good to see Ross admit his mistakes and that Gullan is showing signs in training that Ross can't ignore, could be like a new signing.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Good to see Ross admit his mistakes and that Gullan is showing signs in training that Ross can't ignore, could be like a new signing.
    Hopefully but i've heard all this before. Ross said not long after he came in that he was really impressed with Gullan and he was going to make him a member of the first team squad. At his age, i'd have expected him to have pushed on and either be a first team regular or at the very least make more sub appearances. Especially with Doidge out long term. I just don't think he's at the level we need. I hope i'm wrong as would love to see him come good but i just can't see it happening for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post

Good to see JR acknowledge that. Hopefully that means he gets some proper game time on Saturday. He's a different type of forward to Doidge but still think we get the best out of Nissy when Ross plays two up front.

Blog Entries
    I'm a bit confused by JR's comment TBH. To my knowledge this is at least the 2nd time he's praised Jamie for what he's showing in training, the official site even concurs, and yet he's hardly been used. In theory, signing Scott seemed like a bit of a scoop, in reality he's shown little and I would rather we developed our own player than a loanee.
    My only thought is that JR is inherently a fairly cautious manager who wants to stick with his trusted formation. I hope Jamie gets meaningful game time on Saturday but unfortunately I suspect if he does it may be because we're chasing the game.

Jamie can okay up top or off the left, he has a good work ethic so will stop back to help out, he needs more than the odd 5 mins here and there.