hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He might be better though.

Nisbet had a very promising first few months but if we're being honest with ourselves he's been terrible 90+% of the time throughout 2021.

Gullan hasn't had much of an opportunity to show whether or not he'd be better or worse.

He might be pish, but for less money, which would still be an improvement.
    90% is a little bit of an exaggertion. He has been better than Gullan has ever showed even when not playing well.

Its Scott that Gullan should be getting minutes ahead of IMO. Not Kevin.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Thanks for fixing Billy also nice to see Josh score again.

Bit of a 50/50 as you don't want to rush them in at early but they also need some first team experience. Is Josh playing better than Ethan so far Billy?
    I’ve only been to 2/3 games, so not the best judge
    Think Josh is a bit older though, surprised he’s not even made the bench yet

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    90% is a little bit of an exaggertion. He has been better than Gullan has ever showed even when not playing well.

90% may be an exaggeration.

But I've not seen him play well in person yet and I've seen him have a few stinkers.

He had a very good first few months and has tailed off horrendously and it is criminal that we're having to rely on him so heavily right now when he's so far off form.

@hibs.net private member
    Does anyone know who the 2 Trialist were

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He can, yes.

Nisbet league goals in the last 2 weeks = 1

Gullan league goals for Hibs in 23 appearances = 0
    Probably the worst stats comparison I’ve ever seen😂.

Gullan has only ever started 1 league game for us

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Scott’s not been starting either so it’s only Nisbet he can replace.

Gullan should be ahead of Scott in the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Probably the worst stats comparison I’ve ever seen😂.

Gullan has only ever started 1 league game for us
    Of course it is. Saying Gullan cannot possibly be worse than our Scotland international striker, who scored at Ibrox last week is just rubbish, though.

Gullan is a decent player in my mind, I think he should be involved more. But Nisbet is easily our best available striker.

I'd like to see Gullan given his chance in place of Murphy who to me brings little more to a game than his reputation.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I'd like to see Gullan given his chance in place of Murphy who to me brings little more to a game than his reputation.
    Apart from boyle, murphy was the only one who actually tried to attack at the weekend, unfortunately his final ball let him down but no danger is gullan going to bring more to the game than murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    Apart from boyle, murphy was the only one who actually tried to attack at the weekend, unfortunately his final ball let him down but no danger is gullan going to bring more to the game than murphy
    Whilst I agree that Murphy was probably our busiest player at the weekend, he ultimately created f all.

We don't know how much Gullan might create but I'd be surprised if it was less than that.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I think this boy was one of the trialists. Few of the players follow him on social media. What a name 😂

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurowskybob_Pierre

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think this boy was one of the trialists. Few of the players follow him on social media. What a name

I've always thought we should tap into the Americo-Haitian market.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Whilst I agree that Murphy was probably our busiest player at the weekend, he ultimately created f all.

We don't know how much Gullan might create but I'd be surprised if it was less than that.
    Thought his shot in the second half was goal bound until defender headed away.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I’ve heard it all now, replace one of our most creative players with someone who can’t get a sniff but scored against a Huddersfield young team where the keeper should have probably saved 2/3 goals. Bring him on off the bench instead of Scott aye as hopefully this will improve his confidence but starting ahead of Murphy Na not in a million years for me

First Team Breakthrough
    Murphy flatters to deceive for me, combined 8 goals and assists in 36 games for us is not great. Think it’s only fair we give Gullane 3/4 starts on the bounce if he does something great if not at least he’s been given a fair crack. Imagine your a youngster at hibs and your watching how we’ve treated Gullane, Murray, Campbell, brydon. All should be given time ahead of Wright, Scott, woods. Gonna lose boys who see no pathway into 1st team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by tmb1875 View Post
    Imagine your a youngster at hibs and your watching how we’ve treated Gullane, Murray, Campbell, brydon. All should be given time ahead of Wright, Scott, woods. Gonna lose boys who see no pathway into 1st team.

I agree with this especially in the case of Scott and Woods, nothing against Woods but I can’t see him getting much game time, so maybe Brydon should be on the bench. He should know the system JR wants to play and He would probably get more leaway from the fans.

GGTTH

Seen absolutely nothing from Gullan to suggest he's better than Murphy. Murphy is a very good player at this level on his day.

I personally would like Jack Ross to consider all of his options including dropping Nisbet. He has hardy shown any interest in his appearances.i know a lot of people will disagree but it is my opinion he should be dropped until he sorts out his attitude issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Seen absolutely nothing from Gullan to suggest he's better than Murphy. Murphy is a very good player at this level on his day.
    On his day! Those days are gone and few and far between in my opinion.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by tmb1875 View Post
    Murphy flatters to deceive for me, combined 8 goals and assists in 36 games for us is not great. Think it’s only fair we give Gullane 3/4 starts on the bounce if he does something great if not at least he’s been given a fair crack. Imagine your a youngster at hibs and your watching how we’ve treated Gullane, Murray, Campbell, brydon. All should be given time ahead of Wright, Scott, woods. Gonna lose boys who see no pathway into 1st team.

There is a pathway into the first team. That pathway is called "being good enough". It is the pathway that was followed by Ryan Porteous and by Josh Doig. Given that they make up 20% of our first choice outfield players, I'm surprised that you are unaware of them. If we lose players who are not good enough then that is absolutely fine by me.

And you would seriously field Innes Murray (24 in February, out of contract in the summer, and currently on loan to League 2 Edinburgh City) ...?

Unfortunately the jump from a B Team to the Prem team is huge. If it wasn't you'd see a lot more getting game time. If the coaches saw anything to suggest these boys could make a difference they would be playing. There is very little chance of anyone past 21 suddenly making the jump up between the levels. The younger ones still have a chance and thats why Hibs continue to stick with them and give them other options to develop. A player like James Scott clearly shows more in training than any of the reserve players. It may be hard to believe but no one on here knows mores about these players abilities than the coaches that work with them every day

First Team Breakthrough
    Fair enough but I don’t think you can judge a player until they’ve had a few starts on the bounce. Plenty players are poor in training but turn it on when it comes to games. Need to try different things when plan a doesn’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    On his day! Those days are gone and few and far between in my opinion.
    Don't think they are gone however his issue is staying fit. Does flatter to deceive however is still capable of producing quality imo. Personally would go back to 352 and leave him out Saturday as long as McGinn is fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Unfortunately the jump from a B Team to the Prem team is huge. If it wasn't you'd see a lot more getting game time. If the coaches saw anything to suggest these boys could make a difference they would be playing. There is very little chance of anyone past 21 suddenly making the jump up between the levels. The younger ones still have a chance and thats why Hibs continue to stick with them and give them other options to develop. A player like James Scott clearly shows more in training than any of the reserve players. It may be hard to believe but no one on here knows mores about these players abilities than the coaches that work with them every day
    Good point.

Blog Entries
    He can, yes.

Nisbet league goals in the last 2 weeks = 1

Gullan league goals for Hibs in 23 appearances = 0

IIRC Jamie has started 1 league game for Hibs and coincidentally that was at Aberdeen in last pre shutdown game. Even in that game, where we were in charge and leading, he was sacrificed after Whitty was sent off. I'd like to know the average time of Jamie's 23 "appearances".

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I’ve heard it all now, replace one of our most creative players with someone who can’t get a sniff but scored against a Huddersfield young team where the keeper should have probably saved 2/3 goals. Bring him on off the bench instead of Scott aye as hopefully this will improve his confidence but starting ahead of Murphy Na not in a million years for me
    It's the same slack from some fans that the likes of Shaw, Stanton and Handling got. Gullan isn't good enough to be a regular in our first team and never will be. That's the harsh reality of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    I notice Innes Murray was playing, does anyone know what the club think/feel about him? 24 by the end of the season and by and large has been absolutely nowhere near our first team at all.
    He'll be considered an experienced player in the next three years but still nowhere near the first team! If he had any ambition he would have left Hibs a few year back and tried his luck elsewhere.
    I don't get why Hibs keep them for so long when they have no no intention of playing these laddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think this boy was one of the trialists. Few of the players follow him on social media. What a name ��

That's the guy in the photograph in the match report.
    Good call.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 20-10-2021 at 11:07 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by King conrad View Post
    He'll be considered an experienced player in the next three years but still nowhere near the first team! If he had any ambition he would have left Hibs a few year back and tried his luck elsewhere.
    I don't get why Hibs keep them for so long when they have no no intention of playing these laddies.
    All I can think is he was highly promising at 19 and got a 5 year deal handed to him.